Graphics Cards related queries here.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

my mobo is asus p5kpl-cm, wid 1 pcie x16 slot. will it support 4850?
Yes it supports!!!
also, i have 450w power supply(Pearl). will it suffice?

e4600,2gb transcend 800 mhz,250gb seagate sata2
No.. You must go for a 450W PSU.. Corsair VX450W PSU(Edited as per imgame2 as i am not so familiar with Corsair) is best in ur case...
And go for 4GB of RAM as 2GB is a heck of gaming in Vista(A lot..)

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan

my mobo is asus p5kpl-cm, wid 1 pcie x16 slot. will it support 4850?
also, i have 450w power supply(Pearl). will it suffice?

e4600,2gb transcend 800 mhz,250gb seagate sata2

yes ur mobo will support HD4850 ...and pardon my ignorance ...what popwer supply is pearl ...is it a part of tagan black pearl chassis ???

Yes it supports!!!

No.. You must go for a 500W PSU.. Corsair HX500W PSU is best in ur case...
And go for 4GB of RAM as 2GB is a heck of gaming in Vista(A lot..)

Corsair HX500W is not available in market ...best bet is to go for corsair VX450 for HD4850 ....

Last edited:

ayush002

Broken In

thanks for prompt reply..
@rajkumar_pb: how much will it cost?
@imgame2: u r severely mistaken! it's a 3 year old 'desi' thing

imgame2

Padawan

thanks for prompt reply..
@rajkumar_pb: how much will it cost?
@imgame2: u r severely mistaken! it's a 3 year old 'desi' thing

oh then u definitely need to switch to a better power supply ....i m going to buy one for myself ...if u are on stiff budget...go for

CoolerMaster Extreme Power 460W~ 2k
CoolerMaster Extreme Power 500W~ 2.7k
CoolerMaster Extreme Power 600W~3.2k

or u can go for

Corsair VX450W for 3.3k

to run HD4850 u must buy either coolermaster extreme power 600W or Corsair VX450W

recently i heard people facing problems with coolermaster and various people are also suggesting corsairVX450W...

that will not give u any problems....even though its of low wattage it works for higher efficiency..and gives stable power and doesn't give u high electricity bills too.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

right again will have to do the fan tweak if v get an old batch ...if its with new bios update..i hope we will not need it.

how do i know that its the new batch? :eek:

again very right my friend ...prices will keep falling everyday ...and i was ready to pay 12.5k for this now atleast i m getting it for 10.5k for sapphire.and i agree with u about physX and CUDA...after a year and a half i will upgrade my system too ..till then HD4850 is the best bet for my money.

and yes fan tweak will enable to overclock it dearly ...though i don't think i will need it as i will mostly be playing it for 1440x900 resolution ....unless i buy a 22" monitor in few months ....so stock speed will be more than enough for me...

so its decided that we are going for HD4850 next week i will be placing the order only by Wednesday next week ...so which brand then ...sapphire ...??

i talked to lynx yesterday ...i asked him about Xpertvision he said its new company thats why launching the products at cheap rates in India..though it has 2 years warranty.and he will give it.i asked him about sapphire rates coming down ...he said no (which i doubt cos he is a businessman...wants to sell his stuff for good margin)...shipping costs have increased now its flat rate shipping for 170/- (DTDC)for stuff weighing less than 5kg.

i asked him why is Xpertvision selling it so cheap ..he said all the cards are of reference design whether its palit/gecube/sapphire...its just the sticker which is changed...and if Xpervision is selling it for so cheap ..its good for consumers..they should use the opportunity. ...moreover Xpertvision's price is only till Sunday evening then either others will come down too or Xpertvision will go up ...

hmm...told me the same thing....i called up tirupati today and they are telling me that Palit HD4850 is avlabl wid them @10.5k all inclusive!!! now thats interesting......i dont need to get it shipped and all....and get my acrd immd if i buy!! :D
gecube is out of supply now tho....
will contact aditya about sapphire tomorrow.....
imo....palit will do jus as good,wont it?sapphire has good disc bundle tho...red pearl or sumthing its called(all demo stuff!).....
wat say?

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!

Sapphire's been around for a long time now, and on ATI segment they have made a reputation as much as XFX on nVidia.Xpertvision is claimed to be a part of PALIT but they've been crawling up in market pretty recently even though PALIT claims as much fame as Sapphire itself. Buying Xpertvision is as same as buying ZOTAC.
BUT you never know unless you try.XFX started out even worse than these companies have.So its upto you.FAME & REPUTATION vs COST-EFFECTIVENESS & PRICING.

P.S- I would personally prefer Sapphire and GeCube/Palit.But Xpertvision may prove me wrong.:rolleyes:

I had run 3D Mark 06 on both XFX and Xpertvision ... And surprisingly yhe latter scored more.Very marginal though. And it had HDMI port too.
Am talking about 8800GT.
(My vendor was actually very generous ... He permitted to try benchmarking on both ... And then choose the better one.)

Still I went with XFX one.Dont know why ???:confused:

imgame2

Padawan

how do i know that its the new batch? :eek:

hmm...told me the same thing....i called up tirupati today and they are telling me that Palit HD4850 is avlabl wid them @10.5k all inclusive!!! now thats interesting......i dont need to get it shipped and all....and get my acrd immd if i buy!! :D
gecube is out of supply now tho....
will contact aditya about sapphire tomorrow.....
imo....palit will do jus as good,wont it?sapphire has good disc bundle tho...red pearl or sumthing its called(all demo stuff!).....
wat say?

well the older batch has this problem ...so buy the one with the latest manufacturing ..preferably this month ...august and not june or July ......the cards manufactured in august/july will have newer bios ...and offcourse its better...

and yes palit will do just good for me even gecube is fine with me .....and its good that u are getting it locally and i m also sure that i can get it for about 10.5k but palit and gecube ...may be not sapphire..but thats fine ...i will prefer to buy it locally.but if m not getting good price locally i might go for lynx or itwares

well i m not worried with bundled software ...we can always get latest softwares ..i don't think thats a problem ..not even the bundled games are a problem ....u can get them too ....just need a good card thats all .....

i also need to buy corsair vx450 which is turning out costly here so perhaps i can get it from itwares ...lets see

I had run 3D Mark 06 on both XFX and Xpertvision ... And surprisingly yhe latter scored more.Very marginal though. And it had HDMI port too.
Am talking about 8800GT.
(My vendor was actually very generous ... He permitted to try benchmarking on both ... And then choose the better one.)

Still I went with XFX one.Dont know why ???:confused:

so that means Xpervision is a decent enough company .....not bad at all ....

Last edited:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

well the older batch has this problem ...so buy the one with the latest manufacturing ..preferably this month ...august and not june or July ......the cards manufactured in august/july will have newer bios ...and offcourse its better...

and yes palit will do just good for me even gecube is fine with me .....and its good that u are getting it locally and i m also sure that i can get it for about 10.5k but palit and gecube ...may be not sapphire..but thats fine ...i will prefer to buy it locally.but if m not getting good price locally i might go for lynx or itwares

well i m not worried with bundled software ...we can always get latest softwares ..i don't think thats a problem ..not even the bundled games are a problem ....u can get them too ....just need a good card thats all .....

i also need to buy corsair vx450 which is turning out costly here so perhaps i can get it from itwares ...lets see

i have the coolermaster extreme power 500w psu....i hope it will do fine for me....
2mrw i m goin to call up aditya for info on saphhire card...n also visit tirupati if possible to verify the date of manufacture of the hd4850.....

tkin

Back to school!!

i have the coolermaster extreme power 500w psu....i hope it will do fine for me....
2mrw i m goin to call up aditya for info on saphhire card...n also visit tirupati if possible to verify the date of manufacture of the hd4850.....
Go for it.Try to get the Sapphire card.Best of luck.

imgame2

Padawan

it will do fine ..don't worry ..since i have to buy a PSU anyway i wanted to buy VX450 if i get it cheap otherwise will go for CM600W ...who is aditya ...??

ya visit them and check the manufacturing date ...even july 2008 should be oky ...cos first batch rolled out in june last week ...which faced all the problems ...but i have read in various forum that bios update solves the fan speed curve profile ......even if u can't find a new batch ...i don't think it will be a big problem we have fan tweak to rescue .....

best of luck and keep me posted what u find out ...don't forget even i have to buy it ....

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

it will do fine ..don't worry ..since i have to buy a PSU anyway i wanted to buy VX450 if i get it cheap otherwise will go for CM600W ...who is aditya ...??

ya visit them and check the manufacturing date ...even july 2008 should be oky ...cos first batch rolled out in june last week ...which faced all the problems ...but i have read in various forum that bios update solves the fan speed curve profile ......even if u can't find a new batch ...i don't think it will be a big problem we have fan tweak to rescue .....

best of luck and keep me posted what u find out ...don't forget even i have to buy it ....

well...called up aditya technologies(distributors o sapphire & zotac) 2de.they sed sapphire hd4850 is avlabl on order @12k+tax :x ......also zotac 9800gtx+ is avlabl on order @13k+tax :shock:
so no sapphire and zotac for me!
gecube is currently out of the market now.
went to tirupati....they even let me handle the palit card....took it out of its package and xamined it.....
it was manufactured in late july 2008,and imported in august 2008,the batches arrived last tuesday!
its not the standard single slot reference 4850,but a dual slot one with a larger cooler(similar to 'sonic' models),but this isnt a sonic. :(
the rest features and bundle is the same as any other card.
all this goodness at 10500/- all inclusive!!!! :) :D !!!!!! Yippeeeeee

i m posting a picture of an almost similar look to the card (duhhh,i forgot my cell had a camera :rolleyes:) the one looks exactly like the card i saw.

*img296.imageshack.us/img296/5342/34011modql4.th.jpg

link updated!
the hd4850 has 2*dual link dvi ports and a video out port,rest,the card jus looks like above one. i bet its one of their 'super' models mayb!

i r goin to buy this....wat say?

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan

well...called up aditya technologies(distributors o sapphire & zotac) 2de.they sed sapphire hd4850 is avlabl on order @12k+tax :x ......also zotac 9800gtx+ is avlabl on order @13k+tax :shock:
went to tirupati....they even let me handle the palit card....took it out of its package and xamined it.....
it was manufactured in late july 2008,and imported in august 2008,the batches arrived last tuesday!
its not the standard single slot reference 4850,but a dual slot one with a larger cooler(similar to 'sonic' models),but this isnt a sonic. :(

i m posting a picture of an almost similar look to the card (duhhh,i forgot my cell had a camera :rolleyes:) the one looks exactly like the card i saw.

oh thats really good ...that its latest manufacturing stuff...but i m not able to see the what are u trying to show me .......it looks like good deal to me ...everywhere it will cost u 10.5k only ....but really dual slot cooler ...sounds awesome ...i hope i get one of those ....and i m sure u can peacefully overclock and it an and have an awesome card .....i think its best to go for a dual slot cooler than ...for sapphire models ....cos palit is good enough company ....and they are giving u are better cooler ...all those heat problems will not bother u ...with a better cooler...

i m not able to open the attachment ...try sending it through some other way .....i want to see it.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

ahh! Good old Palit again. Always provide VFM :).

Its a no-brainer asking wether to go for it or no. Its the most VFM HD4850 out there. Go grab it :).

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

oh thats really good ...that its latest manufacturing stuff...but i m not able to see the what are u trying to show me .......it looks like good deal to me ...everywhere it will cost u 10.5k only ....but really dual slot cooler ...sounds awesome ...i hope i get one of those ....and i m sure u can peacefully overclock and it an and have an awesome card .....i think its best to go for a dual slot cooler than ...for sapphire models ....cos palit is good enough company ....and they are giving u are better cooler ...all those heat problems will not bother u ...with a better cooler...

i m not able to open the attachment ...try sending it through some other way .....i want to see it.

new pic posted(its a look alike tho)!
yeah,i think so!
so what do i do? what are ur plans?

ahh! Good old Palit again. Always provide VFM :).

Its a no-brainer asking wether to go for it or no. Its the most VFM HD4850 out there. Go grab it :).

so?what do i do?do i go for it?or do i order sapphire from lynx?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

^^If you are getting Sapphire from lynx on a good price than buy it otherwise Palit ftw....

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

^^Sapphire ftw.....:D

Palit is VFM
Sapphire performs better but this time around both are similarly priced.

Go for Sapphire then.

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum

Suggest graphics card for old comp

I sold my comp to a friend and he asked if a graphics card can be added so please help me here
config is
asus mobo a8v mx
amd 3000
it has
2 pci slots
1 pcie slot
1 agp 8x
so please suggest a cheap gpu which supports this mobo and price needs to be less than 4k
btw mobo supports only ddr 1
i read some threads here but could understand what ddr2 and ddr3 in the gpu suggests. Does ddr 1 mobo cause any prob with ddr3 gpu.
Will the mobo support the gpu like 8600 gt
plus he has bought an external tv tuner card from frontech magic box yesterday but there is no vga slot in the pc or monitor for the purpose. So can gpu help in this case.
And thanks in advance.
Ps.. The ddr1 means mobo supports ddr1 ram only it has 256+512 mb ram
and can the graphics card be oc-ed
_______

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

^^DDR1 states RAM and not GPU and AFAIK 8600GT will run.

Lookout for MSI N8600GT 256MB GDDR3.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

1. cheap gpu - 7300GT , 7600GS , 7600GT whichever falls to ur budget ( in increasing order of performance ) .make sure u get a agp version and NOT pcie card. u dont have a pcie slot . .try to get gddr3. . since , u have a rather weak system ,u can forget gaming at high res , so better to get 256mb gddr3 than 512mb ddr2 based gpu.

2. mobo supports only ddr1 . thats great .. causes no conflict with the ram on the g-card

3. 8600GT comes in only pcie. .ur mobo wont support it. . if u want a gr8 agp 8x card , try radeon 3850 agp. .but its likely to be more costly and way above ur budget. .

4. the g-card can be OCed using softs like Riva Tuner or ATI tool ..

Lastly ,keep power requirements in mind . .if u buy a power hungry card , u may need to buy a good psu ( if u dont already have one ) which will cost abt 3-3.5k

Top Bottom