Graphics Cards related queries here.

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

like i sed b4r,aditya technologies kolkata branch will not be taking acre of warranty if i go in forr sapphire bought from lynx.
but tirupati are based in kolkata itself(their HQ).
well my cm500extreme powr provides a 6pin pcie power,so i wont be needing any converters.
i m concerned abt the dvi->hdmi and crossfire bridge connectors....
where in chandni can u find those?plz giv directions in case i go for Palit.

i will be buying a dell se198wfp(or any other,plz recommend?) and hence use the dvi port itself.
will confirm warranty 2mrw...

also i intend to buy a dell se198wfp 19"widescreen lcd wid it....will it do ok with gaming?
I think any store in Chandni that sale HD4850 or least HD3870 cards will have the Crossfire connectors.

As for gaming that LCDs good, has a 1000:1 contrast ratio, 5 ms response and large viewing angle:- *computershopper.com/reviews/dell-se198wfp-lcd-monitor-review
Also:- *www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/monitor_se198wfp?c=us&cs=28&l=en&s=dfb
Go for it.

imgame2

Padawan

like i sed b4r,aditya technologies kolkata branch will not be taking acre of warranty if i go in forr sapphire bought from lynx.
but tirupati are based in kolkata itself(their HQ).
well my cm500extreme powr provides a 6pin pcie power,so i wont be needing any converters.
i m concerned abt the dvi->hdmi and crossfire bridge connectors....
where in chandni can u find those?plz giv directions in case i go for Palit.

i will be buying a dell se198wfp(or any other,plz recommend?) and hence use the dvi port itself.
will confirm warranty 2mrw...

also i intend to buy a dell se198wfp 19"widescreen lcd wid it....will it do ok with gaming?

if ur local vendor is not able to give u warranty for the sapphire u buy from lynx ...whats the point buying it ??? u will have to always send it to lynx ...bearing shipping cost everytime and unknown time in the process ....as i have said before and as sagargv said go for the brand for which u can get good service locally ....

and i m not sure if the lynx guy is selling the dual slot cooler card ...check with him...about connector...they are so common these days ..shouldn't be a problem ...buying a graphics card based on its bundle is not wise unless otherwise u are getting a mainstream game bundled and costing not much....that is not the case with sapphire here ...

are u planning to use HDMI for u TV ..???

as tkin said ...everything can be found over Internet which is there on ruby rom ..

crossfire bridge connectors ...when u buy a new card to crossfire ...better look for it then ...otherwise its of no use now...component out cable can be bought for 100/- everywhere ...

i would have suggested u to look for all those things if u had to buy both locally and price difference was not great ...but looking overall i would say i will go for palit/gecube whatever u getting.

i will be buying hd4850 tomo ....or day after ...locally either gecube or palit whatever i get it ..

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

if ur local vendor is not able to give u warranty for the sapphire u buy from lynx ...whats the point buying it ??? u will have to always send it to lynx ...bearing shipping cost everytime and unknown time in the process ....as i have said before and as sagargv said go for the brand for which u can get good service locally ....

and i m not sure if the lynx guy is selling the dual slot cooler card ...check with him...about connector...they are so common these days ..shouldn't be a problem ...buying a graphics card based on its bundle is not wise unless otherwise u are getting a mainstream game bundled and costing not much....that is not the case with sapphire here ...

are u planning to use HDMI for u TV ..???

as tkin said ...everything can be found over Internet which is there on ruby rom ..

crossfire bridge connectors ...when u buy a new card to crossfire ...better look for it then ...otherwise its of no use now...component out cable can be bought for 100/- everywhere ...

i would have suggested u to look for all those things if u had to buy both locally and price difference was not great ...but looking overall i would say i will go for palit/gecube whatever u getting.

i will be buying hd4850 tomo ....or day after ...locally either gecube or palit whatever i get it ..

u right bro...u hv actually put into words what i had thot overnight....
esp abt the crossfire cable...i can only think of the bridge when i am near the river!!!
i will be buying the palit 2mrw or day after alongwit the dell se198wfp to go wid it!!!
happy gaming bro!

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^ forget abt the crossfire connectors .. u're mobo is not X-fire capable .. usually , the mobo will be bundled with x-fire or SLI connectors , not the g-card. .

imgame2

Padawan

esp abt the crossfire cable...i can only think of the bridge when i am near the river!!!

that was funny lol :)

and monitor is good... go for it...
do post ur experiences .. happy gaming!!

^^ forget abt the crossfire connectors .. u're mobo is not X-fire capable .. usually , the mobo will be bundled with x-fire or SLI connectors , not the g-card. .

yes thats right ....it always comes with a mobo...

i have to ask something about PSU ...since u are using coolermaster..i m not able to decide still which PSU to go for ??? should it be coolermaster extreme power 600W ? or corsiar vx450W both are available at almost the same price....i have to couple it with HD4850...any help will be appreciated.

-thanks.

Last edited:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

that was funny lol :)

and monitor is good... go for it...
do post ur experiences .. happy gaming!!

yes thats right ....it always comes with a mobo...

i have to ask something about PSU ...since u are using coolermaster..i m not able to decide still which PSU to go for ??? should it be coolermaster extreme power 600W ? or corsiar vx450W both are available at almost the same price....i have to couple it with HD4850...any help will be appreciated.

-thanks.

well...both are good...only difference is the no of +12v rails,cm has 2,corsair has 1.
IMO both shud do good....but keep in mind the +12v ATX power supply of the CPU i(the 4pin/8pin bla bla,ATX 2.01/2.02...something like dat).
better to keep it both ways feasible...corsair has both i guess...not so wid cm!
so that shud guide ur decision!

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

get Corsair vx450W .. the 8 pin atx connector will be needed by future boards . the single rail prevents current being locked up in any one rail. hearing problems with new CM 600W .. so i strongly recommend corsair vx450W . plus u have 80+ efiiciancy . and theres not a single card that cant be run on the corsair vx450W..

@mukherji , are u sure abt ur choice on the monitor ? i think u should read reviews and select a model with lower response time

imgame2

Padawan

well...both are good...only difference is the no of +12v rails,cm has 2,corsair has 1.
IMO both shud do good....but keep in mind the +12v ATX power supply of the CPU i(the 4pin/8pin bla bla,ATX 2.01/2.02...something like dat).
better to keep it both ways feasible...corsair has both i guess...not so wid cm!
so that shud guide ur decision!

now i really don't know what is that ATX 2.01/2.02 thing...?? and more over i was interested in knowing u have been using it for a long time now did u face any problem ...with CM ??

get Corsair vx450W .. the 8 pin atx connector will be needed by future boards . the single rail prevents current being locked up in any one rail. hearing problems with new CM 600W .. so i strongly recommend corsair vx450W . plus u have 80+ efiiciancy . and theres not a single card that cant be run on the corsair vx450W..

@mukherji , are u sure abt ur choice on the monitor ? i think u should read reviews and select a model with lower response time

thanks for replying ..and yes that was my concern with CM600W i m also hearing problem with CM...my mind was not able to decide between the two ....but i will get corsair vx450W now,its almost the same price as CM600W..

then which monitor do u suggest for 19" or for 22" ???

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!

Does that include 9800GX2/HD4850x2/HD4870x2(on 450w P.S.U:shock:)??

And CM 600w is a good P.S.U. The Duo version is available in India and has 2xPCIe 6 Pin connectors, enough for low powered CrossfireX/SLI setup or Cards that require 2 PCIe connectors(HD4870/9800GTX,GTX+,GTX260 etc).
Look for this DUO version.(RP-600-PCAP)

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

now i really don't know what is that ATX 2.01/2.02 thing...?? and more over i was interested in knowing u have been using it for a long time now did u face any problem ...with CM ??
thanks for replying ..and yes that was my concern with CM600W i m also hearing problem with CM...my mind was not able to decide between the two ....but i will get corsair vx450W now,its almost the same price as CM600W..

then which monitor do u suggest for 19" or for 22" ???

have been using it over a yr now...no probs at all...never went down on me....a thumbs up from me...
go for the corsair vx450w,or the hx620 if ur wallet permits! :)

i cant shell as much as 18k for the lcd now...as far as i hv researched,none of the lcds in the 19"-20" range have 2ms(GTG)response times.....neither is the dell sp2008wfp avlabl....nor any other do i find with lower rates...22" is double of 19" in terms of price....mayb it will invest in a better lcd the next time round.
akaik,i reviews that i found really dint write off the dell se198wfp!rather it fared better thn many samsungs,lgs and viewsonics!
i m concerned with the price bro!
suggestions? in the 10-11k price bracket?plz rrep quick,i m going to buy both card n lcd 2mrw itslf is possible.... :)

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

@tkin , link and if possible review please.

@imgame2 , for 22", i recommend the same model that i have , dell sp2208wfp . avoid LG as RTC errors are too much ( source xbitlabs.com ) . .samsung is good but way too costly for a 22" ( 22k when i last enquired ) and no panel guarantee ( if u get a CMO panel , then u're out of luck and u cant do anything ) and most models of samsung lack dvi-d. . viewsonic , i dint bother to see because of bad after-sale service. .

for 19" , i have done no research. . read a few reviews. xbitlabs.com , trustedreviews.com . .theres another good website for TFT reviews which is not coming to my mind. .

@mukherji , i think some viewsonic model has 2ms in 19" ..not sure. i think choto cheeta had done a review of it a few months back. .

PS
i finally remembered the name of the site for TFT reviews. behardware.com

*www.behardware.com/html/cat/22/

Last edited:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

@imgame2 , for 22", i recommend the same model that i have , dell sp2208wfp . avoid LG as RTC errors are too much ( source xbitlabs.com ) . .samsung is good but way too costly for a 22" ( 22k when i last enquired ) and no panel guarantee ( if u get a CMO panel , then u're out of luck and u cant do anything ) and most models of samsung lack dvi-d. . viewsonic , i dint bother to see because of bad after-sale service. .

for 19" , i have done no research. . read a few reviews. xbitlabs.com , trustedreviews.com . .theres another good website for TFT reviews which is not coming to my mind. .

@mukherji , i think some viewsonic model has 2ms in 19" ..not sure. i think choto cheeta had done a review of it a few months back. .

PS
i finally remembered the name of the site for TFT reviews. behardware.com

*www.behardware.com/html/cat/22/

found this: *www.chotocheeta.com/2008/01/22/qui...45wm-19-hd-widescreen-with-viewdock/#more-242

nothing that i hoped! pretty useless ipod dock and 5ms! :(

*ap.viewsonic.com/in/products/productspecs.php?id=348&s=accs i found this....dunnno weder avlabl and at wat price!

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan

have been using it over a yr now...no probs at all...never went down on me....a thumbs up from me...
go for the corsair vx450w,or the hx620 if ur wallet permits! :)

i cant shell as much as 18k for the lcd now...as far as i hv researched,none of the lcds in the 19"-20" range have 2ms(GTG)response times.....neither is the dell sp2008wfp avlabl....nor any other do i find with lower rates...22" is double of 19" in terms of price....mayb it will invest in a better lcd the next time round.
akaik,i reviews that i found really dint write off the dell se198wfp!rather it fared better thn many samsungs,lgs and viewsonics!
i m concerned with the price bro!
suggestions? in the 10-11k price bracket?plz rrep quick,i m going to buy both card n lcd 2mrw itslf is possible.... :)

i wouldn't suggest to buy a 19"-20" monitor if ur budget can go upto 11k ...with only 1.5k more u can get a 22" monitor ...from samsung/viewsonic ...22" would be better choice 3" difference can be worth ..also gaming at resolution of 1680 x 1050..if u hold on for a while for monitor i think 22" ....3" can really make a difference....is better option specially when u can spend 11k today.....

but the problem with 22" is very less model with DVI port,2ms(GTG) is a new technology and hardly any monitor support it...

and most of the monitors that are available are good enough for movie watching or games ..unless u keep them side by side u won't notice significant difference in picture quality.off course dell's monitors are the best ...but other monitors are not far behind..especially when u see their price....

a word of caution HD4850 has some problem with DVI port with some monitors especially with hanss.g ..what monitor are u using now ...? is it not possible for u to hold on for a month or so ??? believe me u won't regret 22" experience .....u never brought up this topic before else i would have suggested u earlier....

dude prices have come down to 12k region for all 22" inch models so its not twice as u think...i can give u updated price only tomorrow i m afraid ...

Does that include 9800GX2/HD4850x2/HD4870x2(on 450w P.S.U:shock:)??

And CM 600w is a good P.S.U. The Duo version is available in India and has 2xPCIe 6 Pin connectors, enough for low powered CrossfireX/SLI setup or Cards that require 2 PCIe connectors(HD4870/9800GTX,GTX+,GTX260 etc).
Look for this DUO version.(RP-600-PCAP)

its good but recently i have heard many people complaining with their experience with CM600W ...i will check with my vendor though...about the DUO model ...thanks for bringing it to light

Last edited:

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

i wouldn't suggest to buy a 19"-20" monitor if ur budget can go upto 11k ...with only 1.5k more u can get a 22" monitor ...from samsung/viewsonic ...22" would be better choice 3" difference can be worth ..also gaming at resolution of 1680 x 1050..if u hold on for a while for monitor i think 22" ....3" can really make a difference....is better option specially when u can spend 11k today.....

but the problem with 22" is very less model with DVI port,2ms(GTG) is a new technology and hardly any monitor support it...

and most of the monitors that are available are good enough for movie watching or games ..unless u keep them side by side u won't notice significant difference in picture quality.off course dell's monitors are the best ...but other monitors are not far behind..especially when u see their price....

a word of caution HD4850 has some problem with DVI port with some monitors especially with hanss.g ..what monitor are u using now ...? is it not possible for u to hold on for a month or so ??? believe me u won't regret 22" experience .....u never brought up this topic before else i would have suggested u earlier....

dude prices have come down to 12k region for all 22" inch models so its not twice as u think...i can give u updated price only tomorrow i m afraid ...

its good but recently i have heard many people complaining with their experience with CM600W ...i will check with my vendor though...about the DUO model ...thanks for bring it to light

well i think i will wait a day or two .....

budget updated: 10k max for the LCD

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan

i know the model u have is the best 22" out there but its also costly for about 16.5k now ...and also has a webcam which i don't need there is one model cheaper for 14.5k Dell E228WFP 22" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor ...how is this model ...??

*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/20lcd?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs

i know samsung lack DVI intereface otherwise they are good enough atleast what i have seen ....

now samsung 2243NWX is decent enough monitor available for 12.5k ...only thing is it lacks DVI port ...how much difference does a DVI port make anyway ....??? i mean over the the traditional VGA port ...??

well i think i will wait a day or two .....

budget updated: 10k max for the LCD

*www.viewsonic.com.au/products/productspecs.php?id=322

this model has it all ...

2ms(GTG)
DVI Port
4000:1 DCR

i have not seen the reviews of this model ...and moreover reviews won't be so great..cos its a budget model ...available in India for 12.5k ~13k

but this can serve u well if u are planning to buy the 19" monitor and want to keep it for about an year ....as far as investment goes ..extra 1.5k or 2k will not hurt for 22" (extra 2k for 3")...or if u can't spend extra 2k today... wait for a month ...work with u current monitor..then go for 22" inch.

thats what i would do ....but i don't know what ur choices and preferences are...so can't comment much on it .....

i would suggest u to look around and do a through research and convince urself like u did for HD4850 ...it will really help u in every way ...cos prices are coming down for both 22" and 24" models ...and will keep coming down in future...

UPDATED - if its 10k MAX then go for Dell SE198WFP @ 9.7k ....then the discussion is closed i guess ...

i m waiting for ur gaming performance results ...let us know when u buy the new card and monitor.

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

@imgame2 , DVI port does make a BIG difference .. text readability increases greatly when using dvi-port as compared to vga.i havent bothered to test games and movies using vga when i could use dvi port.i'm sure they'll be worse in analog port. atleast thats what i've felt and i'm sure many users will agree with me. i dont think samsung 2243NWX is a good choice.

now , comparing dell sp2208 vs. dell e228. this is what i noticed.

1.e228 - no issues with glare coz it uses matte screen. sp2208 uses a glossy panel which makes glare more severe. forget the sp2208 if u have a window / light source in front of the monitor. sp2208 will reflect light severely.

2. since e228 doesnt use a glossy panel , colors are not as crisp as sp2208 and has only 72% color gamut while sp2208 has 92% color gamut thanks to the gloss panel.

3. e228 is cheaper.

4. e228 doesnt have RTC ( response time compensation ) !!!!! thus it has a 5ms ISO response time. and gtg response time will be around 15-20 ms . sp2208 has RTC and has 2ms gtg response time which reduces ghosting a lot. note that the presence of RTC has improved response time from 15ms to 2 ms .not from 5ms to 2ms as advertised on dell website.

5. e228 has d-sub ( analog ) and dvi-d . well and good. but sp2208 features a HDMI along with analog and dvi-d . .so if u wanna connect a console to the monitor, sp2208 is the way to go.

6. Advantage with DELL is that u have panel guarantee. they use only samsung panels(yes , u heard it right . dell doesnt make panels ) . But if u buy from samsung , panel is not guaranteed as samsung has outsourced panel manufacturing as they are not able to meet requirements. so with samsung monitors , u may get samsung , CMO ( the worst ) or some other panel of north america with is also ok . and number of monitors with CMO panels seem to be quite high in asia.

@mukherji , whats attracting u so much to dell se198wfp ?i think its wiser to look for models with RTC .and believe me 22" is a lot better than 19". if u can find a 19" model with RTC around 10k , then it'll be better than 22" models. .i think u should have a look at newer LG models 22" or 19" with RTC and find out if RTC errors have been reduced.

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan

@imgame2 , DVI port does make a BIG difference .. text readability increases greatly when using dvi-port as compared to vga.i havent bothered to test games and movies using vga when i could use dvi port.i'm sure they'll be worse in analog port. atleast thats what i've felt and i'm sure many users will agree with me. i dont think samsung 2243NWX is a good choice.

now , comparing dell sp2208 vs. dell e228. this is what i noticed.

1.e228 - no issues with glare coz it uses matte screen. sp2208 uses a glossy panel which makes glare more severe. forget the sp2208 if u have a window / light source in front of the monitor. sp2208 will reflect light severely.

2. since e228 doesnt use a glossy panel , colors are not as crisp as sp2208 and has only 72% color gamut while sp2208 has 92% color gamut thanks to the gloss panel.

3. e228 is cheaper.

4. e228 doesnt have RTC ( response time compensation ) !!!!! thus it has a 5ms ISO response time. and gtg response time will be around 15-20 ms . sp2208 has RTC and has 2ms gtg response time which reduces ghosting a lot. note that the presence of RTC has improved response time from 15ms to 2 ms .not from 5ms to 2ms as advertised on dell website.

5. e228 has d-sub ( analog ) and dvi-d . well and good. but sp2208 features a HDMI along with analog and dvi-d . .so if u wanna connect a console to the monitor, sp2208 is the way to go.

6. Advantage with DELL is that u have panel guarantee. they use only samsung panels(yes , u heard it right . dell doesnt make panels ) . But if u buy from samsung , panel is not guaranteed as samsung has outsourced panel manufacturing as they are not able to meet requirements. so with samsung monitors , u may get samsung , CMO ( the worst ) or some other panel of north america with is also ok . and number of monitors with CMO panels seem to be quite high in asia.

@mukherji , whats attracting u so much to dell se198wfp ?i think its wiser to look for models with RTC .and believe me 22" is a lot better than 19". if u can find a 19" model with RTC around 10k , then it'll be better than 22" models. .i think u should have a look at newer LG models 22" or 19" with RTC and find out if RTC errors have been reduced.

thanks for all the help ...i guess its wiser to wait for prices to drop for Dell SP2208WFP 22" ...may be around 14k to my reach ..till then my current monitor is well enough.

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...

well i will consider these

1. *ap.viewsonic.com/in/products/productspecs.php?id=339 @ 10.8k+tax
2. *ap.viewsonic.com/in/products/productspecs.php?id=348 @ 12k+tax

maybe the vx1940w is the best bet? its in stock...whereas the 1962wm has to be ordered...warranty is ok....

wat say?
i wont be going in for the 22 inchers as of now...this is my first lcd,but not my last! :)
and i will need to buy an lcd before the end of september..my bro needs the crt with his hostel rig(dats our old rig+currnt 17" monitor)

plz repl quick with any suggestions....

EDIT: R these worth the xtra cash? Considering im getting the dell se198wfp @ 9600/- all inc? I m not a Dell fanboy,but its the best value out there,with a DVI port!

and i forgot to mention.....
i bought my Palit HD4850 today.... :) :D

this is the card : *techshop.in/store/product_info.php?products_id=2437

Last edited:
Top Bottom