Graphics Cards related queries here.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Is Plait 4850 a good buy ? No other brand is available in Bangalore. If anyone knows of any other brand available here or price of any make 4850 card please post.....

Palit hd4850. yup its an awesome card... u can go for it.. it should cost u around 11k... ashfame just bought it on my recommendation (i guess :D)
Palit cards are good.. they are not bad.

budget's around 5k
can u also explain the difference between a PCI and AGP card and how to identify which one i should get

Jayanth.M.P

Journeyman

one more question..... I want to install a aftermarket cooler for my 4850 (the one i buy) bcoz a lot of people say it runs really hot (80 C).So i want to install Thermalright VGA Cooler HR-03 plus i have 2 questions

1. Will it void my warranty ?
2. How long is the warranty for graphics cards by palit ?

forever

filth is me

Palit offers 3 year warranty on the HD4850. Installing a 3rd party cooler will not void your warranty. The only chance you have of having your warranty nulled is when you mess with the heatsink or the cooler fan on the GPU, modify it in anyway or cause any other damage to the GPU for which you bear responsibilty.

My system gets pretty heated up at times. I am thinking of buying a new GFX card. do u think i should install an additional cooling unit. if yes, what does it cost

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Post your HW config in details .
What type of cabinet do you have & with how many fans ? ( also post the fan positions )
What gfx card you're using now ?

aniket4562000

Right off the assembly line
Need Graphic Card

I am looking for graphic card for my pc
Plz suggest me a good graphic card along with its price.
My budget is upto 5k
My pc config is as
Pentium Core2Duo E6600 2.4 Ghz@1066FSB
Intel DG965WH m/b
1GB DDR2@ 667Mhz RAM (Transcend)
19" TFT Flatron L1953S (LG)
250GB HDD Seagate

Plz suggest me a good graphic card...

@top gear
Cabinet Shape is...................er....................rectagular. Two fans present, one for smps, one for processor. Am currently using an integrated 128MB intel 82945G Express Family Chipset for graphics

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Re: Need Graphic Card

My budget is upto 5k
My pc config is as
Intel DG965WH m/b
250GB HDD Seagate

evga 8600GT - 5k

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Re: Need Graphic Card

My budget is upto 5k
My pc config is as
Intel DG965WH m/b
250GB HDD Seagate

@ aniket4562000

You Should Go For nVIDIA 9600GSO. But It Will Extend Your Buget By 1k.

Don't Go For XFX 8600GT. It Has Heating Problem

Can anyone tell me how to find out if ur system supports an AGP or PCI card or something else( i am a complete novice in cards,don't know a thing and eager for knowledge)................Also what is the cheapest 128MB GFX card available(not a very rich guy u know)...................and, i have an onboard 128MB Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family, now if i install an external card will a game use both the card's graphics memory or will it use only 1................For e.g if a game requires a 256 MB card and i install a 128 MB card in addition to the onboard one stated above will the game use both the onboard and off-board card or will it use only one of them.

Stay away from cards, sharing with system memory. These cards just increase performance marginally.

abhisek_bsws

geek on a roll
I also want to buy a new graphics card...and as far as I know 9600gso is a pretty good card for mid range....but palit is the only brand I am hearing about this days....can anyone tell if 9600gso of other brand is available in india???:confused:

I am in kolkata and I want 2 buy a 9600gso Galaxy overclocked edition (AS IT CAN BE SOFT AND BIOSMODDED):D...is the galaxy one available in kolkata???:!:

constantine

its quiet...too quiet....

hows the palit 9600gso 786 mb sonic priced in india and where do i buy it from ?

Night-Rider

Journeyman

Its good. There is not much difference in brands, buy anyone that you can find cheap. I ordered for a Sapphire and the dealer gave me Palit anyway. :D
Does the card heat up? What are the temperatures for ur card? At load and idle? I aslo want to buy this card and was thinking that is it good?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@top gear
Cabinet Shape is...................er....................rectagular. Two fans present, one for smps, one for processor. Am currently using an integrated 128MB intel 82945G Express Family Chipset for graphics

You don't have any case fan ( except the proc & smps fan ).
So if your cabby has provision for front & rear fan ( as most cabby do ) install as
required.

Your mobo is based on intel 945G chipset so it should have a pci-ex gfx slot. Check your mobo manual.
BTW which mobo do you have. Mention exact model & company name.
So you can install any pci-e gfx card. Look for cards Like 9600GSO, 8800GT or ATI 4850.

If you install a separate gfx card games will use the gfx cads memory instead of your onboard gfx memory which depends on your system ram.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain

I also want to buy a new graphics card...and as far as I know 9600gso is a pretty good card for mid range....but palit is the only brand I am hearing about this days....can anyone tell if 9600gso of other brand is available in india???:confused:

I am in kolkata and I want 2 buy a 9600gso Galaxy overclocked edition (AS IT CAN BE SOFT AND BIOSMODDED):D...is the galaxy one available in kolkata???:!:

What about xfx and leadtek. Leadtek can be compared to the best and price is always reasonable. This is the card *www.leadtek.com/eng/3d_graphic/overview.asp?lineid=1&pronameid=422

Check with M.D. Computers. Donno about galaxy's availablity.

niranvv

Right off the assembly line

Hi all,

I'm looking for PCI (not PCI Express or AGP)Graphics Card which will cost around 3000RS. and it should be supporting the new games (like Race Driver GRID ;) )

Please find my system configuration below:
CPU:Type Intel Pentium 4, 1700 MHz (17 x 100)
Motherboard Name: Intel Ashland D845GLAD (4 PCI, 2 DIMM, Audio, Video)
Motherboard Chipset: Intel Brookdale-G i845GL
System Memory: 758 MB (DDR SDRAM)
Video Adapter: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller (64 MB)
3D Accelerator: Intel Extreme Graphics

Top Bottom