Graphics Cards related queries here.

pratik03

Journeyman
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Your have latest bios
bios prior to 64.92.24.00.xx have compatibility issues with pci gen1 motherboard

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain

Your have latest bios
bios prior to 64.92.24.00.xx have compatibility issues with pci gen1 motherboard

Yes, I do have the latest BIOS. Just checked from the evga forum and since I did get the card with this particular cooler, the BIOS has to be 64.92.24.00.XX, since EVGA recommends everyone who purchase this cooler seperately, to update their BIOS for optimum performance. Also this BIOS update help in better fan speed management and thermal sensing.

andysmith45

Broken In

How good are zotac 8600GT cards? I am still trying to find a 256 MB GDDR3 version & haven't found any except for XFX. Do the zotac cards overheat a lot?

Journeyman

well I am buying :
Intel E8200 Rs.7500
Transcend (3x1024) DDR2 800mhz Rs.3000
ABIT IP-35E Rs.5500

well with this processor and motherboard , I need a good graphics card around 5-6k . need to run games like bioshock , crysis .

nvidia

-----ATi-----

For that price you can get an 8600GT.
If you can wait for a few weeks, then you could get 8800GT at that price since the 4850 is out..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

No! nothing is wrong. Just tried to direct that 8800gt thing coz ati's 4850 release news is also great. But the 8800gt news is more important to me :D

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^Lol.. Planning to get one?

@bikdel: Just wait and watch.. nvidia cant compete with ATi with 8800GT priced at ~ 10k.

Last edited:

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned

yeah, this festive season though.... 2-3 months later... will let the market settle a bit..

edit: oops i thought u asked that to me...

but nvidia wont lower price to what you have said... too low...

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^They will have to reduce the prices a lot to give a good competition to ATi. Otherwise, they'll lose their share in the industry. Its a battle to provide the best VFM.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz

Good news then!! I was planning for 9600GT. Now, em gonna head for 8800GT! hehe.. :D

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz

errr... a little more? How much... :p ? I dont think 4850 is going to be that competitively priced against the "Green Beast" ! :D Coz, its going to be the best GPU. 8800GT on the other hand would be close to 10K. :)

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz

88gt wud never b tht low pricd imho. Btw u knw hw much 4850 wil retail here tht u r claimin 88gt prices wil drop tht low:p. If 4850 is fr 15k 88gt wud b 10k

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^Thats the entry price.. 4850 is said to be around 10-12k in the US, then it wont be more than 15k here.. In a month or so, it'll come down..

blueterror

Right off the assembly line

can any one please tell me which one is the best graphics card based on 8600GT GPU right now

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^Do you mean to say the best manufacturer?
Go for Asus if thats your question.. Although there isn't a lot of difference in performance, the cooling is better in Asus 8600GT.

blueterror

Right off the assembly line

how much the asus one cost?my budget is 5-6k.
what are the other good manufacturers (except XFX)?? tell me the prices.

Top Bottom