Graphics Cards related queries here.

debasis.samantaray@gmail.

Right off the assembly line
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Can I play Call of duty 4 in a budget of 4/5k graphics card
I have a laptop having ATI Redeon mobilty x300 can I play COD4 with it

hey Paranj would you like to answer my quetions

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^ Yes. you should be able to but it will be pathetically slow. Better not play it at that low settings.

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz

@dominator Mercury 8600gt is 2.85k but doesnt cme with 3yrs wrrnty. Its only 1yr. Mercury is tryin to regain its name. Btw d crd is made by ECS.:)

P.s. Hav a leadtek 7950gt extreme edition, new rmad piece fr 4k in bazaar for sale.

P.s. Hav a leadtek 7950gt extreme edition, new rmad piece fr 4k in bazaar for sale.

Last edited:
P

paranj

Hey guys i was just reading the first page of the thread, they wee recommanding a 6600GT for 11K =-O oOO it cant even run Crysis:D

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz

^^ 6600GT was a legend of its times. IMO, a perfect X600 card for that particular period.
And atleast boast a good comparison..! Where does Crysis come in the scene? :p
Remember Doom3..? Both 6600GT and 6800GT were recommended!
8600GT is one useless product! Nothing better than 7600GT! Now, compare 9600GT with 8600GT. And u'll know its called "Upgradation"!
Similarly 6600GT was from FX 5 series GPU lineups ! And indeed a very better upgradation, considering the period and technology! ;)

P

paranj

no i mean it costed 11.5k? and seeing some more posts i came to knw that 6800 Ultra costs 35k [faints]

kuki_295

Journeyman

Can u run 9*** series on ASUS p5n -e SLi?
Which is the best buy 9600GT or 8800 GT or 8800 GTS?
i hav a 2 month old 8800 GS Alpha dog and i wanna sell it what price should i expect?

ALSO can we creat new theads each year for price and other stuff?
its just hard to use search cos it shows old prices too.

Last edited:
P

paranj

ofcourse that mobo can run it. The price u wud get for that card sud be around 5k. if budget permits than obviously 8800GTS otherwise the 8800GT will be the best. And regarding threads, ask the mods :)

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned

Guys, give me some advice regarding this
which is good, MSI 8800 GT OC edition (with zalman cooler)
or XFX 8800 GT Alpha Dog Edition.
I also wanted to know that does XFX 8800 GT ALpha Dog Edition has some serious heating problem, but it costs around 12.2 K and comes with some game bundled with it.

What does MSI bundle include (apart from Zalman cooler), does it have heating issues as XFX's. Please mention also mention the current price if possible.

go for MSI card as paranj said.

And u stole my siggy or what? Mind that, im senior in the forum than you. And here we get provision to ban junior members after 1 year of registration. I give you an ultimatum to change your signature in 24 hrs. Take care.

Lolz jus kiddin dude. Dont mind.

Bikalpa

kuki_295

Journeyman

ofcourse that mobo can run it. The price u wud get for that card sud be around 5k. if budget permits than obviously 8800GTS otherwise the 8800GT will be the best. And regarding threads, ask the mods :)

Thanks i was just wondering if it will need a PCI-E 2 mobo
btw how about
EVGA 9800 GTX SSC 512MB DDR3 18900
MSI 8800GTS OC Edition 512MB DDR3 16750

I hear 9800 GTX is almost similer performer to 8800 GTX which is alot more expensive

P

paranj

^^ya its true but that card costs 19k right now but if u can afford it tthan go for it! and no u dont need PCI-e 16x 2.0. PCI-e 16x [any 1.0 |1.1| 2.0] will run any card out there.

Cheerz mate

kratos5589

Broken In

originally posted by me

" now that i am building a mediocre gaming rig with da most efficient mid price range powerful graphics card available in da market.,i.e , the 8800gt.
i hv to choose da card and i m quite confused which one 2 buy

i can either buy :-
gigabyte 8800gt oc edition (comes wid a zalman cooler)
msi 8800gt oc edition (some say it comes wid a zalman cooler too i dunno)
or just
non oc edition of msi 8800 gt or any other company u can preffer

(u may suggest frm EVGA or XFX)
though agent 001 suggested gigabyte's 8800gt in the may edition
but i want to make sure he went through to check these cards as well

"

so looks like nearly everyone wants to go fer the MSI 8800gt oc edition rather than gigabyte
so does everyone think i should go fer the card
thnx

P

paranj

yes my vote says that go for MSI 8800GT OC. its the best bet if ur pocket permits :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Hi all,
can u suggest me the GPU for following configuration pc:
MB: Intel dg965ry
Pro: Intel pentium d 3.4 (Dual core)
RAM: 2 GB (667)

my budget is: 6000/-

^asus En8600gt 256mb Gddr3

I think Palit, XFX, Galaxy or MSI 9600GSo 384MB DDR3 would be a better choice. It should be around Rs. 6500-7000. But worth the money.

take a look @ here :
*www.shop.bt.com/ProductList.aspx?NavigationKey=4294952503,419230000&CategorySelectedId=11137

Last edited:
P

paranj

i didnt knw abt it, go for Palit.:)

ancientrites

In the zone

guyz many of you have already know the specification for gtx 280.it has one 6 pin and one 8 pin connectors.So i wondering are there any smps officially supporting these insane graphic card?i know its too early to chat about not even hit the street as yet.

P

paranj

^^Cooler Master and Corsair and Tagan are already getting out SMPSes to support that "monster" .

WTF nOOb NVIDIA!

Top Bottom