Graphics Cards related queries here.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

for new Gfx cards... after some reading of sooooo many forums and posts here,
I selected some cards. went to itwares to get some prices. I m in Pune but hopefully pune-mumbai prices will not differ much.... :)
Rs. company card and memory ( refer the *www.theitwares.com )
09200 EVGA 9600GT SC - 512MB DDR3 SC
09350 EVGA 9600 GT KO 512MB DDR3 KO
12250 EVGA 8800 GT SC 512MB DDR3 SC
13900 EVGA 8800 GT SC 512MB DDR3 SC
13600 EVGA EVGA 8800 GT KO 512MB DDR3 KO
12000 MSI 8800GT OC Edition 512MB DDR3
09400 MSI 9600GT OC Edition 512MB DDR3

1. and tell me overall best of these witout SLi. - for mid+highrange game. ( CURRENT budget 15k) (max dont know :) )or some other stock or OCed or Superclocked versions of above ? [if you want to suggest more, simply put them in ORDER/SEQUENCE ]

i am thinking abit i35p-pro (may do OCing) . but thinking that in future, replacing GCard might not be that easy(moneywise), i may go for SLi . so tell me good option for

2. best of these for SLi - also suggest MOBO then for SLi. Abit ip35-pro can be used for SLi? right now I will use one card only.
Also tell me will I have to get DDr2 RAM or DDR3 ram (is it avail? )
thx in advance. (hehehehehe)

pick a OCed card from evga having highest frequency . .KO is the one i think . . i hope that u have a good enough psu for that card. i dont recommend SLI to u. better to save money and get a new card faster than going SLI now and waiting longer to upgrade .. but if u're going to upgrade soon and still have the cash to burn , go4 SLI ..

davinder.anand

Right off the assembly line

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and hence donot know whether this a better place to post my query or not. Apologies if i'm wrong.

Thanks to all who made this forum so active and helpful.

i want to buy a new Mobo and GPU (Nvidia) and hence require help from you guys to suggest me the best.

Budget = under 18k
Mobo = SLI preffered with a better heat sink.
GPU = Nvidia (256 and above) with a bulit in fan.

Thanks in advance

P

paranj

@davinder.anand

ok is the 18k budget for both or 18k for each component? Well if its combined than ur best bet would be to buy a 680i based SLi board and a Sparkle 9600GT 512MB. Go for the EVGA 680i LT SLi

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and hence donot know whether this a better place to post my query or not. Apologies if i'm wrong.

i want to buy a new Mobo and GPU (Nvidia) and hence require help from you guys to suggest me the best.

Budget = under 18k

Thanks in advance

Go for xfx 680i Lt. It should e around 10K-11K.

For gfx card extend the budget little more & get 2 xfx 8600GT For around 9K for sli setup.
or
1 Xfx 8800GT For around 12.5 K.

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^SLi doesnt really improve the performance that much. If he has a budget of 9k, then i'd recommend the 9600GT instead.
And XFX 8600GT is something everyone should stay away from at any cost. If 8600GT is the card that you wanna buy, then go for something like ASUS.

P

paranj

yeah read NVIDIA's signature^^^^ it answers ur question

P

paranj

hey nvidia hows ur experience with 8600GT? describe it to us !

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

Hi All,

Budget = under 18k

Thanks in advance

get a 8800GT 512mb - 12k
that leaves 6k for mobo . get a abit ip35e.

i hope u have added a good enough psu to run that g-card. .atleast a cooler master 600W extreme power is needed..

P

paranj

nope^^ i run it on Cooler Master eXtreme 500W

Thx SagarV... - just for info, I am not going for SLi right now. I was just thinking that I will buy a card now and after some time (read money ) get a one more copy to make it Sli. but anyways looks like going for newer version seems better option...
@Sandeepfrompune
....and the best card for SLI out there is 8800GT 512MB. go for the EVGA's 8800GT 512MB SC(SuperClocked) version which u have mentioned above. ........You can also settle for affordable SLi solution with 2xEVGA 9600 GT SCs.
so 9600 GT is better than 8800 GT..? or that is only if used as SLi ?
and in single card option you both didn't told me which KO/OC version I should take
8800GT or 9600 GT ? and BTW looking at prices if 8800GT is better then
Paranj - you suggested XFX 8800GTS 512MB . So which one is better? 8800GTS or 8800 GT . ( I guess I have read here in these forums only ..that notm uch diff is there and 8800 GT is better overall....)

sonicspeed

Broken In

Thx SagarV... - just for info, I am not going for SLi right now. I was just thinking that I will buy a card now and after some time (read money ) get a one more copy to make it Sli. but anyways looks like going for newer version seems better option...

and in single card option you both didn't told me which KO/OC version I should take
Paranj - you suggested XFX 8800GTS 512MB . So which one is better? 8800GTS or 8800 GT . ( I guess I have read here in these forums only ..that notm uch diff is there and 8800 GT is better overall....)

Sir new 8800gts(256bit) is better than 8800gt. it is even better than 8800gtx.
8800gt is better than 9600gt.

P

paranj

@sonicspeed
speed dosent meet accuracy! 8800GTX and 8800Ultra are still beaen only by the 9800GX2. So please do some research and use ur head than post here. And as u did the chores of mentioning that 8800GTS is 256-bit memory than i may inform u that 8800GTX has a 384-bit memory interface

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

whether u want to go4 SLI in future is somthing u have to decide now. if u wanna go SLI in future , u have to buy a nvidia chipset based mobo . otherwise a p35 or x38 / x48 will be a better option . as i mentioned already , if u wanna go SLI do it now. .not much point in going for SLI for a older card after a newer card is released.

i gather that u wont go4 SLI . anyway , 9600GT SLI > 8800GT SLI . but single 8800GT > 9600GT .
a oced 8800GTS 512mb might beat a 8800GTX. not much point in discussing this though. ..

8800GTS WAS preferred over 8800GT mainly because of the better cooler in GTS than the improvement in speed. . if u buy a 8800GT with a good cooler ( which is available now . .at the time of introduction it was not so ) , u'll be saving more buck to get a better mobo. .

i would avoid XFX as these days it seems to have heating issues. . get 8800GT from evga / gigabyte . usually the card with the highest frequency is the one which is costlier . if u have enough money , get the one with highest frequency ( mem and core ) from evga ( contact theitwares or tirupathi peripherals ) . usually the pre-OCed cards have better coolers. . if there is a particular card that has zalman cooler or something like that , get it ..

PS

which ever card u get , make sure its 512mb gddr3 . . 256mb for 8800GT will be a bottleneck.

mandeep_m91

Broken In

SUBJECT: Is XFX 8600 GT a bad choice?

hello everyone..
I had made up my mind for this gpu card but got to know that it has got some heat issues( Read in the section "h/w you should not buy").:(:(:(
Now i am totally confused. Does the problem exists in Zebronix and other brands of 8600 GT also? If yes, then which card should i go for in same budget.

Ok sorry guys... Now i have read the post above which says i should go for ASUS 8600GT. thanks.
But i still wanna know wether the problem exists in Zebronix and EVGA also

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

no doubt . XFX is a reputed brand and makes high quality g-cards .. .but to keep their cards silent , they seem to have reduced the cooling effectiveness. . quite a lot of overheating complaints from 8800GT ( alpha dog ) and 8600GT ( i know it personally ) .

AFAIK , asus is silent and very cool . . evga has no issues with 8600GT .
i've seen most zebronics cards to be ddr2 . dont go4 them. but still , quite a lot of people feel the build quality of zebronics to be less than so .. i recommend asus / evga / msi . .

answer : XFX 8600GT is a very bad choice.

mastermunj

In the zone

what will be the limitations of 8600GT??

i am no graphics mad or animation geek.... am s/w developer and keen towards gaming..

though... my pc budget is 40K ... i am left out with only 5K for graphics card for which 8600GT is best fit...

but still, would like to know its limitation if it can make me re-think on my pc config or budget..

mandeep_m91

Broken In

@sagargv

most probably i will be going for MSI.
I have to make a choice between 512MB DDR2 and 256 MB DDR3.
which one is better?

Last edited:
Top Bottom