Graphics Cards related queries here.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^Get the 256MB DDR3 version
8600GT cant make full use of 512MB and its DDR2 thats available which is slower.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver

see this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=843132&postcount=1700 :D

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

@sagargv

most probably i will be going for MSI.
I have to make a choice between 512MB DDR2 and 256 MB DDR3.
which one is better?

as already answered , 256 mb gddr3 . . .

congratulations on ur purchase gigacore . .. 7300GT for 3.9 k ? is it second hand ? i suppose inc of tax means new card. .. good deal for a agp8x card . .

P

paranj

^^simple.... he dosent have a PCI-e slot

Gigacore

Dreamweaver

@ sagar & nvidia. Thanks :D

Its not second hand, its brand new :D

Its AGP coz, I have a old mobo :D

The reason I bought the card is that i'm gonna buy 22" widescreen next month and my old card will not support 1680 x 1050 resolution :p

Cool G5

Conversation Architect

Congrats Giga.
Me too bought the same card 2 weeks ago, due to lack of pci-e slot.
I don't want to upgrade my pc now. :D

P

paranj

Cool didnt u tell me u had a 5950?

P

paranj

Nvidia FX 5950! there was a card like dat! time to dig the history!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

@ sagar & nvidia. Thanks :D

Its not second hand, its brand new :D

Its AGP coz, I have a old mobo :D

The reason I bought the card is that i'm gonna buy 22" widescreen next month and my old card will not support 1680 x 1050 resolution :p

22"??? dude. comeon. Get a 24" and you will have advantage of FullHD playback. After all a monitor is something that lasts for years unlike any other PC component and with bluray drives price coming lower and lower, it's better to get a display that is FullHD ready.

P

paranj

ya but what if he wants to play a game? With a LCD u need to stick to native resolution. Think a 7300gt can handle Call of Duty 4 at 1680x1050 ? or 1980x1080? i think no

With great LCDs comes great resolution (rip-off from the Spider-Man dialogue)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^. It's a sweet trade off. You won't play the games 24x7. Moreover, I don't think it's a problem by playing games at a lower resolution. If you are ready for a 1680x1050 then you can definitely go for 1980x1080.

P

paranj

no wont the games lag? and on a LCD only the natives look good otherwise its blurry shirt(****)

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

higher res is the trend. .you have to move with it. . .remember games like nfs3 around 2000 which offered resolutions like 320x240 as the least ? then 1024x768 was quite high while it is the minimum today. .

P

paranj

ya true but with higher reso;utions u need a more powerful gfx card to play games

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

No. I don't think there will be blurring. Coz I played NFS Prostreet, Company of Heroes at non-native resolution and there was no visible blurring.

anyways, I will test it out again today with few more setting and will let you know. I think at a lower resolution, increasing the frame rate will fix any issues.

Last edited:
P

paranj

ok u win. but will you do me a favour, go do some research(i am not mocking u,just trying to prove the fact!)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^lol. Yes. there will be loss of quality at non-native resolution. but you can do a 1:1 pixel mapping while playing games. This way, the visible area is reduced. You can just search for the pixel mapping procedures available for your monitor.

P

paranj

gud. thats true but still ur not using the best of what the LCD has to give, are u? Why not pay more, get more?

Top Bottom