Graphics Cards related queries here.

mastermunj

In the zone
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

AMD ATI Radeon RX3650 512 mb GDDR2

it beats the crap out of 8600GT and has support for DirectX 10.1

and if you get the 512/256mb GDDR3 model, its even more better.

How much RX3650 512MB DDR2 costs??

any blog or website for comparision betn 8600gt & ATI Radeon??

nvidia

-----ATi-----

whats the price of an ATi Radeon HD3870 Graphics card with 512 mb GDDR4 memory and HDMI out ? Also, can such a card handle a 30" samsung LCD TV ? How will crysis run on the TV at that resolution, 0x aa, and all settings high ?
My friend has a HD3870X2 and he can play Crysis on his LCD TV with everything set to very high with 2xAA. 3870 should be able to handle it at high without AA.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

AMD ATI Radeon RX3650 512 mb GDDR2

it beats the crap out of 8600GT and has support for DirectX 10.1

and if you get the 512/256mb GDDR3 model, its even more better.

i beg to differ.i vote for 8600GT.here's a review

*www.overclock3d.net/reviews.php?/gpu_displays/powercolor_hd3650_extreme_pcs_edition/5

i've referred to this review more than once in this forum.quite a lot of people think radeon 3650 is a lot better than 8600GT. . here's proof that its not.
but 3650 runs a lot cooler than the 8600GT. i dont think this should be a problem as long as u dont buy xfx 8600GT which are rather hot. . get from evga ( theitwares is giving them ) .

and dont get fooled by the support for dx10.1 . no nvidia card today supports dx10.1 . .no game manufacturer would dare to make a dx10.1 exclusive. .besides , both these cards are too weak to even handle dx10 at decent settings.

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^Exactly... There is another post where he said the same thing..
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=836835&postcount=3646

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

@metalheadgautham , no offence meant in any posts . could you please give the link to the rivew / blog which claims that 3650 is a lot better than 8600gt ?
If indeed what u're saying is true , it must be made known more widely and as soon as possible since quite a lot of people are buying 8600's . .evidence i've found suggests otherwise .. please give ur reference and we'll discuss the matter.

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^+1
I have suggested 8600GT to a lot of people who wanted a budget graphics card.
If the ATi card is better, ill be more than happy to recommend the card to people with low budgets.. :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

rupee to rupee ATI can't match nVidia. But when coupled with AMD proccy and 7xx chipset, the nvidia card's are fairly beaten in performance:price ratio, thanks to the hybrid crossfire and terrific pricing of mobo's.

Moreover, 8600GT is a superb overclocker and 3650 is a really really bad overclocker. You can not do much on it.

The ATI HD 3850 will be a better buy but that comes at a price :)

I bought 2600XT so that I can couple it with 790G mobo that I am getting in 2weeks of time. :)

That way, I can crush core2duo+8600GT :)

Last edited:

beckram23

Right off the assembly line

hi friends...i m living in chennai....can anyone get me the list of graphics cards if price range from 2k to 3.5k???

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

^^ get 8500GT if u have a pciex16 slot. .

@desiibond , in india radeon 3850 is priced at 11k . 9600GT is priced at 9k .. . what do u say about price performance ratio .. if the 3870 was priced at 10k , it would be a good buy and strong contendor for 9600GT.. .but even the 3850 is costlier than 9600GT in india. .price performance ratio favours ati internationally but not in india i feel.

hybrid crossfire is a good advantage of amd. .but are there much games that use such a configuration ? would'nt it be better to get a 3870 now than a 2600 now and a 3870x2 later for crossfire ? i hardly think the 2600xt will contribute to any performance if its not negative due to scaling problems. .

rightly as you said , a 3850 at 6k is the right price for it and will have many takers if priced at that point . . .but priced at 11k its not worth it.

just sharing my views and contempt for the indian market to favour nvidia for reasons beyond me. why are ati cards so high priced compared to nvidia cards in india ? there's got to be something more than just availability ..

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz

@gautham,
8600GT performs better than 3650!
Infact a tad better...coz, 8600GT is one gr8 overclocking gpu(not to mention better clocks, higher core and mem volts)! However, yep both 3850 and 3870 are better performing cards than 8600! Though, their steep prices often create blockades for buyers! Nvidia on the other hand has amazing flavours! :p
Again, both 3850 and 3870 offer nice features for their prices. But i believe the mass is with Nvidia here in India! Any typical user in here would like to go with Nvidia becoz of its name, price, availability and after services! ATi in this case has to offer a lot more than it is offering right now!

pillainp

Journeyman

I have a small doubt.

My system has a DG965RY motherboard, on which I am currently running an XFX 8600GT.

I plan to upgrade to a Palit 9600GT Sonic 512MB.

My doubt is whether the Palit card will physically fit on my motherboard.

If anyone can give me the exact physical dimensions of the Sonic, I would be most obliged.

TIA
NPP

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

^ Which cabinet u are using?
9600GT (Almost 10" long) will occupy lesser than a microATX board!
So it is a perfect fit for ur board.

ajnaskhan

Broken In

Guy's, Me new to the forum...........
First of all, An Excellent thread....Regards 4 da starter..........

Well I am in search of GFX card under AGP 8x........

Budget = below Rs 5000/-
Prefer = Nvidia
VRAM = not lesser than 256MB
AGP 8X

SYS Specs
Intel 915 GVM Board
P4 HHT 2.93 Ghz
512 DDR RAM

Also specify the best Graphics my system can hold...................

soumyaonweb

Right off the assembly line

i have a Compaq A933TU laptop with Intel C2D 1.83Ghz processor and 2GB RAM.
Does this laptop supports any graphics card?
If yes plzzz recommend some along with their prices.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

@ajnaskhan

u sure ur mobo supports agp8x . AFAIK , 915 based mobo's offer only pciex16

if u're sure that u have only a agp8x slot , then u can go for 7300GT or 7600GS

the order of performance is 7600GT > 7600GS > 7300GT. pick whichever falls to ur budget.

P

paranj

@soumyaonweb

Ur laptop does not seem to hav a port for expansion but it comes pre-fitted with an onboard graphics card known on the universe as Intel Media Graphics Accelarator X3100. It cant play games but will run Vista fine without Aero u know!

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

i have a Compaq A933TU laptop with Intel C2D 1.83Ghz processor and 2GB RAM.
Does this laptop supports any graphics card?
If yes plzzz recommend some along with their prices.

There is not a feasible solution for this apart from external graphics card. ASUS went into this time ago by using 7900GT for laptop and now they are doing same with ATi HD3870, but tis still a WIP and no confirmation about this.

for new Gfx cards... after some reading of sooooo many forums and posts here,
I selected some cards. went to itwares to get some prices. I m in Pune but hopefully pune-mumbai prices will not differ much.... :)
Rs. company card and memory ( refer the *www.theitwares.com )
09200 EVGA 9600GT SC - 512MB DDR3 SC
09350 EVGA 9600 GT KO 512MB DDR3 KO
12250 EVGA 8800 GT SC 512MB DDR3 SC
13900 EVGA 8800 GT SC 512MB DDR3 SC
13600 EVGA EVGA 8800 GT KO 512MB DDR3 KO
12000 MSI 8800GT OC Edition 512MB DDR3
09400 MSI 9600GT OC Edition 512MB DDR3

1. and tell me overall best of these witout SLi. - for mid+highrange game. ( CURRENT budget 15k) (max dont know :) )or some other stock or OCed or Superclocked versions of above ? [if you want to suggest more, simply put them in ORDER/SEQUENCE ]

i am thinking abit i35p-pro (may do OCing) . but thinking that in future, replacing GCard might not be that easy(moneywise), i may go for SLi . so tell me good option for

2. best of these for SLi - also suggest MOBO then for SLi. Abit ip35-pro can be used for SLi? right now I will use one card only.
Also tell me will I have to get DDr2 RAM or DDR3 ram (is it avail? )
thx in advance. (hehehehehe)

Last edited:
P

paranj

@Sandeepfrompune
thanks for ur effort, I was looking for the new price list. Now if u are just going to stick with a single card all way long i had suggest u spend in a XFX 8800GTS 512MB for Rs.14,500 or something and the best card for SLI out there is 8800GT 512MB. go for the EVGA's 8800GT 512MB SC(SuperClocked) version which u have mentioned above. The best SLi board will be the new 780i chipsetes from NVIDIA but if u are looking something which a normal human like u and me can buy than look at the old 680i chipsetes which offer terrible performance and extensive overclockability. There are some of the P35 SLi boards also available from ASUS and MSI from which none cost UNDER Rs.15,000 and make no sense spending on. NVIDIA 680i chipset will be your best bet. You can also settle for affordable SLi solution with 2xEVGA 9600 GT SCs.

Top Bottom