Graphics Cards related queries here.

slyfox

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

i wanted to buy a graphics card. to tell you i m not a big gamer but will love to play games like hl2, fear, aoe3 etc. i was considering the geforce 6600gt based card. shud i be going for agp version of pcie version. i mean is thr a noticeable diff. b/w the two. also the 128mb gddr3 and 256mb ddr2 is cr8ing confusion. can sum1 quote the prices the cards.

xbonez

NP : Crysis

definetly go for PCI-E if ur mobo supports it...i'd suggest 256mb gddr2

also, i'd suggest u go for some other chipset instead of 6600

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

i wanted to buy a graphics card. to tell you i m not a big gamer but will love to play games like hl2, fear, aoe3 etc. i was considering the geforce 6600gt based card. shud i be going for agp version of pcie version. i mean is thr a noticeable diff. b/w the two. also the 128mb gddr3 and 256mb ddr2 is cr8ing confusion. can sum1 quote the prices the cards.
go for the 8 series if u have pcie supprot. check theitwares.com for prices

slyfox

Broken In

i hv got pcie support but my budget is ~5k(not more). that is why i ws considering 6 series.
it wares doesnt list ne 6 series card price

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

dude 6 series is almost obsolete. and with 5k u can try to find the 8600gt. if not 8500gt. and for 3k u can get 8400. why the hell did u even think of the 6 series. there is a reason they arent listed anywhere.

slyfox

Broken In

i chkd itwares n found xfx 8600gt @ rs 5100 (256 mb ddr3) wheras the others were costlier. is thr some problem in xfx 8600gt. i came across a post where sum1 wrote that this xfx card has heating problems.

btw ne ati card ~5k which can be considered over 8600gt??

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat

is there any good ati cards that could perform equivalent to 7600gt and also consumes less power i mean psu requirement low.

if there is. then can you please kindly post its details.

what will be its price.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

i chkd itwares n found xfx 8600gt @ rs 5100 (256 mb ddr3) wheras the others were costlier. is thr some problem in xfx 8600gt. i came across a post where sum1 wrote that this xfx card has heating problems.

btw ne ati card ~5k which can be considered over 8600gt??
dont worry this card is fine .

to quan chi
usually ati card consume much power( i used ati gpu some time ago) and why do u even bother for a ati alternative? just get 7600gt

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

well not in india theyre not. and id suggest stay away from the 7xxx series. its the dawn of the 8 series!!! get a 8600gt instead of a 7600gt.

slyfox

Broken In

Why are you saying to stay away from XFX?

not to stay away from xfx .. stay away from xfx 8600GT . .a model commonly available has heating issues .. for any other gpu , i too vote for xfx . for 8600 avoid xfx . thats my opinion. thats all . by all means take the xfx 8600 , but u're in trouble if it has heating issue.

this was the post i was referring to........

johnjjx

Ambassador of Buzz

well not in india theyre not. and id suggest stay away from the 7xxx series. its the dawn of the 8 series!!! get a 8600gt instead of a 7600gt.

8 series true.....still those who tight on pockets can get 76gt too...max 5-7fps diff in games between these 2.
added bonus in 86gt is jus dx10 support...

quan chi

mortal kombat

well when installing a graphics card is it required to uninstall the onboard graphics driver if you have any.

well when installing a graphics card is it required to uninstall the onboard graphics driver if you have any.

YES .... the proper procedure is
1. Uninstall the onboard grfx driver.
2. Shut down the PC.
3. Open cabinet and install new GRFX CARD.
4. Boot up the pc and install new drivers.

vps85

Broken In
XFX 8600 256MB GDDR3 or 512 MB GDDR2?

Hi ,

Which is best . 256 mb ddr3 or 512 mb dd2 8600GT of XFX..

and what the cost?

Im planning for 2GB of ddr2 ram @ 667mhz so which shud i go?

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

256mb gddr3 is better. price around 5k.

for ram , i think u can go4 transcend.

how is GeCube RX3870XT 512 MB DDR4 Rs. 14400compared to XFX 8600GT and XFX 8800GT ?
I am asking because I saw that it has GDDR4 RAM.
also please tell me something about Sapphire HD 2600XT 256MB DDR4 Rs.7100

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

2600xt at 7.1k - terrible buy . .offers marginal performance improvement over 8600GT available at 5k

3870xt at 14.4k is a pretty good deal . but it still is just behind 8800GT . find the prices of 8800GT as well .if thats also at 14k , 8800GT is better. but however if u intend to use the card for 2 yrs 3870 will be a better choice as it supports dx10.1

and how can you possibly compare 8600GT and 3870 ?
different cards of nearly same price are compared. otherwise , we see if the price difference is worth the performance the costlier one offers.

3870 is 3 to 4 times better than the 8600GT . its worth the price difference . so f u have the money get the 3870 .

quan chi

mortal kombat

guys i have another question well i have seen a guy in another forum asking this.

it is like this my mobo only supports ddr ram(the main ram).

now does this has to do anything with the gfx card ram.i mean can i install a gfx card with ddr2 ram as these days gfx cards has got ddr2 or more ram.

Top Bottom