Graphics Cards related queries here.

knight1981

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Hi there...
My Graphics Card recently blew up...I have an ASUS P4S533 VM Motherboard and i wanted to know that which 128-256 MB NVidia 4X AGP Graphics Card is available in the Mumbai market compatible with my MOBO which i can get my hands on...pLEASE GUYS REAL EMERGENCY...
Thanks...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@knight1981
Any 8x AGP card will work with ur system. So get a 6200 128 or 256 for some 2~2.4k. It shud do the job.

Bushido

Right off the assembly line

Hey guys im planning to buy xfx 8800 gt xxx edition 512 mb.
can ne 1 suggest a good psu for this ?
will coolermaster 500 w be enough fr this?
MY setup
c2d e6300 @1.8hz
946 gz mobo,
2 gb ddr2
160 gb seagate SATA HDD
sony dvd writer
Considering the setup I feel that 500w should be more than enough.But I need your opinion .Also what is the pricing of psu's in kolkata?
Help will be appreciated

xbonez

NP : Crysis

@bushido : i'm nt sure about this, but wouldn't ur procy bottleneck the gfx card? *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/7.gif

hellgate

At Hell's Disq

@bushido : i'm nt sure about this, but wouldn't ur procy bottleneck the gfx card? *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/7.gif

yup the procy will surely be a bottleneck.if he cud oc it then it wudnt be much of a bottleneck.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Hey guys im planning to buy xfx 8800 gt xxx edition 512 mb.
can ne 1 suggest a good psu for this ?
will coolermaster 500 w be enough fr this?
MY setup
c2d e6300 @1.8hz
946 gz mobo,
2 gb ddr2
160 gb seagate SATA HDD
sony dvd writer
Considering the setup I feel that 500w should be more than enough.But I need your opinion .Also what is the pricing of psu's in kolkata?
Help will be appreciated

Go for POWERSAFE 500 W Gold!

knight1981

Broken In

@knight1981
Any 8x AGP card will work with ur system. So get a 6200 128 or 256 for some 2~2.4k. It shud do the job.

Thanks a lot bro...but just to be sure my system is 4xAGP ..Since u mentioned tht any 8x AGP Crd will work with my system, is an 8x AGP card be backward compatible with my MOBO ??

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@knight1981
Any 8x AGP cards is backward compatible with 4x slot nd have same voltage. But none of the 4x or 8x card can be pluged into a AGP2x slot as it will fry it coz AGP2x runs at almost double the voltage.
AGP8x cards wud scale down the interface speed to 4x of 4x supported mobos. No worries.

@keith_j_snyder2
Whats is with ATI these days? Are they nuts? I do like 3850 nd 3870 much[due to vfm], but whos gona buy AGP versions of it? Proccys nd ram will be highly bottlenecked in older AGP based systems.
To enjoy at least 60% performance outaa 3850, ull need at least a dual core.

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Yeah i know that but ATi also have to survive and stay in the market coz they know that their card can't beat nVidia!
Therefore they are fining some blank shots...atleast for AGP because no 8 series card comes in AGP!

knight1981

Broken In

@knight1981
Any 8x AGP cards is backward compatible with 4x slot nd have same voltage. But none of the 4x or 8x card can be pluged into a AGP2x slot as it will fry it coz AGP2x runs at almost double the voltage.
AGP8x cards wud scale down the interface speed to 4x of 4x supported mobos. No worries.

@keith_j_snyder2
Whats is with ATI these days? Are they nuts? I do like 3850 nd 3870 much[due to vfm], but whos gona buy AGP versions of it? Proccys nd ram will be highly bottlenecked in older AGP based systems.
To enjoy at least 60% performance outaa 3850, ull need at least a dual core.

Thanks Bro...couldnt get 6200 settled fer Sapphire AGP Ati Radeon 256MB DDR1 R9250 fer Rs 1600...hope it works...

ashish_patel

Broken In

which graphic will suit me for gaming at abudget of 3 to 6 thousand

my computer

motherboard= Intel 845
Pentium 4 2.8 ghz
ram=1 gb

please tell

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

Ok guys...need some suggestion..i was about to buy an 8800GTS but i dropped the plan and m going to buy an 8800GT 512MB since the performance difference isn't much and the G92 8800GTS from XFX costs a lot here at my place...and i thought money wasn't a problem.
sam9s a member of this forum posted that he bought the 8800GT alpha dog edition for Rs 14,600.Theitwares quotes the price of the same as Rs 16,075.Rashi at my place quotes the price as 16,400.I don't understand as to why the prices are so high.Is it due to CST(Customs Sales Tax).The courier charges are just rs 150.I didn't know that CST is applied within the country itself.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

actually it also depends on the places u buy it. like places with seaports get it cheaper than the inner states. but then major cities have it more expensive. i dont totally understand it, but the itwares prices correspond to mumbai pricess

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Entrana is right. See this can be seen into various things. Take an example of PETROL. Bombay high is in Southern region of INDIA but oil prices are high over there and no drilling well in North India but there are refineries here so petrol is cheap and costlier in southern part!

Well thats just one example but there are millions of are there but thats about it!

There is another thing that the retailers also give prices according to the costomer. I mean i asked SMC guys about CORSAIR 2x1 GB 800 MHz Dual channel Kit and they have quoted 14,000/- for that but it was available at Tirupati for 4500/- at that time!
I mean they just think that the other guy is a moron and don't know anything, somebody gotta stop this mess!!!

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-

i bought the xfx 8800gt 512mb and it comes in alpha dog edition only now. anyways alpha dog editions have no diff then a slightly bigger fan. which is supposed to help in OCing. you can imagin my heart beat when i got my package as saw alphadog written on it as i had only ordered the vanilla version.

i live in dehradun and got it for 15200 after a wait of 3weeks!!!
i placed the order around 7th december for 16000 rs, price then, and got the card on 31st dec for the new price 15200 rs
needless to say my new year night was not in a pub but drooling over the super high framerate on my games :D :D :D

anyways all stuff here comes from nehru place, delhi so i am guessing the right price there should be 14200 - 15000 bucks.

my pros and cons for xfx 8800gt

+sweet looking and gr8 design being single slot n all. the damn card is so long that it reaches into the hard disk bays in my cramped cabinate :D
+very low noise levels because of the new alpha dog heatsink/fan design. less then my earlier xfx 6600GT :)
+best price to performance deal at present
-alphadog edition is not factory OCed as reported on some websites. default clocks. :(
-very small bundle. only Company of heros game and a lame drivers cd. a couple of cables and nothing else. atleast should have a few more dvds full of demos of all latest games and better manuals.
-present latest drivers from nvidia are not good (v169). very bad antialising bug(no AA in lots of games at all no matter how u try to set it, like timeshift, nfs carbon, stalker, and many more), buggy enhancements for games like crysis (like forced low setting to show better fps for stats and rankings) etc. just google and see
-more bugs with some games like DiRT, some versions of stalker. only gives <25 fps for some reason. most prob driver issue.
-reportedly 8800gt cant be OCed much. havent tried OC on mine yet.
-no temp/fam monitoring support in vista in nvidia control panel

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

^^The XFX Alpha Dog edition also comes in three flavors.The plain,extreme and XXX the last two are overclocked.Want to overclock more.I will be ordering the HR-03 rev a for my 8800GT and overclock it so some extent.
Thanks to all the members who replied.
I hope i make a pleasant purchase.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Ohh Yeah baby!
Congrats on the Dog...what a lucky dog u are...just kiddin!

Do post ur Crisis benchies with the default clock and overclocked!

Top Bottom