Graphics Cards related queries here.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^^ why buying the Q6600 when u can get the penryn quad cores now with higher clk speeds and bigger cache???also they oc to a much higher extent.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

@Harvik780
u going for 8800GT too???!!!!! I think uve 2*8800 GTS and 2* 8600GT now itself.:-D
Whats with u mate? why waste so much money....atleast wait till 9600/9800.

And E6600@ 3.4 wud give far better performance that Q6600 in todays games. U shud be upgrading to quad only when games optimised for quads become common, nd by that time far better quads than Q6600 will be there for lesser price. Orelse ullve to upgrade again that time.

just my opinion dude.:)

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

The 9800 will cost a lot when it launches even the GTS considering the new 8800GTS G92 still costs 23,000-26,000 from XFX.
I want to future proof the system with a quadcore because i assume games will come optimized for quad in late 2008 and the penryn 9650 only benefits slightly from its previous generation quad core.
And my E6600 is having problems at 3.4Ghz seems i got a bad chip.

The 9600 will be cost effective and be around Rs 13,000 but won't be able to beat the 8800GT so its out of the question.
Though i'll reconsider my thoughts on ur suggestion.

sk8as

Broken In

hello, i want to buy my computer a new graphics card and don't know which my computer's specifications: 1.82 GHz, 512 ram (will upgrade to about 2gb), and asus motherboard.
i would like to know what is the best choice for me. ty in advance.
P.S.
don't offer me to buy a new pc.

sk8as

Broken In

i don't know it in your cash but i will say it in euros it's about 120 euros ^^

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

ASUS EN 8600GTS 256MB will easily come in that price.If you take your budget a bit higher maybe you can go for an Asus 8800GT 256MB.
Or go for ATIs HD3850 which retails at around 120 euros or 176 USD.
Of the three i recommend the HD3850.

sk8as

Broken In

im not very good at english and don't understand the meaning of PSU ^^ could you explain it? ^^

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

Power Supply Unit.The component inside the PC cabinet on the top which powers the internals(like mother board,hard drivers,etc) through Alternating Current converting it to Direct Current.
A decent PSU will cost you very less say about 36 Euros.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity

I am planning to upgrade this pc to a high-end gaming rig in march-april 08 :
Core2Duo 2.66 Ghz
ASUS EN 8600 GT
2 GB DDR2 RAM

pls suggest the ideal config , should i go for 9800 or get 8800 ULTRA ??
also i want to upgrade my proccy to quad-core

sk8as

Broken In

oh.... :) just checked the shop in my country and HD3850 costs more than 120 euros :D i've got shocked when i saw it
i want to pay about 400 of my cash and it costs 610 :) so please could you tell me a cheaper one :p

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

sk8as
did ya check so fast? If u r from Europe, then i wud suggest u to get HD 3850 from newegg.com, for 169$ for MSI one. Shipping is some 7$ or so.

MSI HD 3850 is far better than 8600GTS, infact in most cases 3850 is better than 8800GTS 320MB nd comes close to 8800GTS 640MB.
3850@ 169$ has killer value for money compared to nvidia.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq

any1 has any idea as to when penryn quads hit shelves in india???also is it worth upgrading from Q6600 to Q9650 or sud i wait 4 Nehalem????

Top Bottom