Graphics Cards related queries here.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

any1 has any idea as to when penryn quads hit shelves in india???also is it worth upgrading from Q6600 to Q9650 or sud i wait 4 Nehalem????

ummm...if im rite all the quad cores available today except the lower models are penyryn core...im not sure doh :D

kayos

Boy Waiting To Be A Man!!

1.5 lacs
Should i WAIT for 9800/9600 or go ahead with 8800 ultra ??

why go ahead.. wait for sometime .. u have to buy it in march april and that according to no calculation is 2-3 months .. a lot will change so just sit back and game hard on ur present config and come back in march to ask the same question ...

waise with 1.5 lac u can put both of these in ur rig .. lol :p

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity

why go ahead.. wait for sometime .. u have to buy it in march april and that according to no calculation is 2-3 months .. a lot will change so just sit back and game hard on ur present config and come back in march to ask the same question ...

waise with 1.5 lac u can put both of these in ur rig .. lol :p

According to my calculation,
GeForce 9800 GTX will cost about 70k and if i take in SLi it will be 1.4 lac.so how will i put 8800 GTX in SLI + 9800 GTX in SLi in my RIG ???
However i can put them if i get 1 9800 gtx and 1 8800 ultra .......

OKAY I will ask THIS question again in MARCH :-D

any more news about 9800 ?

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^What calculation made you think that the 9800GTX will cost 70k:shock: :confused:

kayos

Boy Waiting To Be A Man!!

According to my calculation,
GeForce 9800 GTX will cost about 70k and if i take in SLi it will be 1.4 lac.so how will i put 8800 GTX in SLI + 9800 GTX in SLi in my RIG ???
However i can put them if i get 1 9800 gtx and 1 8800 ultra .......

OKAY I will ask THIS question again in MARCH :-D

any more news about 9800 ?

1.4L with SLi ....
they lost one customer....
i will be able to afford it on my own in 4-5 years time but that time it will be outdated for sure... so series 9 adios amigos.. !!!
no more thinking over it ..
my precious 8800GTS .. content with it !!

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^Dude i dont think it will cost 1.4Lacs!!!
Maybe each card will cost 50k.

xbonez

NP : Crysis

they might cost 50k as soon as they release, but after about 3-4weeks, prices start plummeting...most probably within 1.5months of release, it'll come down to something like 30-35k

hash!!

________

ya the sub 40k category will be much more affordable

heh.. yeah... they wouldnt sell gamer oriented cards at that price, unless everyone's spending power increases 3 folds or something...
high priced professional cards are justified, cause thats serious business, not that gaming is not serious business, but because, gaming cards have a wider consumer base...

offtopic, and off thread as well i guess, but i figured noone would care to answer this anywhere else... could anyone tell me how good patriot memory modules are? im gettin a decent deal on a ddr2 800 mhz 1x2gb dual channel kit... not quite sure about the latency, probably 4-4-4-12, but i know its not basic value ram cause its got heatspreaders or a heatsink...
dont shoot me for posting this here... :)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

Some cheap brands had heat spreaders on earlier days when DDR400 was common. So dun get fooled by heatspreaders.
And 4-4-4-12 is very gud timing and currently very gud[infact expensive] modules only supports those latencies. They are at least 2x or 2.5x costly.
SO i dun think its a very gud one.
And if u are getting 1GB 800 for sub 1k, then surelly it has very gud vfm. Orelse go for Transcent.
Transcent DDR2 667 CR1 can be easily oced to 780 or 800 CR1 @ 5-5-5-15
SO i think Transcent 800 can also subjected to decent ocing, at least another 150Mhz from 800.
And Transcent DDR2 800 1GB is for 1.1~1.2k.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity

I think instead of going for 9800 we should get 8800 GTX @ cheap prices this summer and enjoy games like crysis on it. next summer we can buy 9800 GTX and so on.................
so money is saved !

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-

Transcent DDR2 667 CR1 can be easily oced to 780 or 800 CR1 @ 5-5-5-15
SO i think Transcent 800 can also subjected to decent ocing, at least another 150Mhz from 800.
And Transcent DDR2 800 1GB is for 1.1~1.2k.

for going over 800mhz make sure the motherboard can support it. cause ddr2 interfaces are capped at 800. but probably all newer models from reputed companies like asus and gigabyte support over 800 speeds.

meghraj

Broken In

I have recently bought a new graphic card (Nvidia xfx 8600gt 512mb) ddr2 techlology....
so can u tell me what is the difference between ddr2 and ddr3 technology graphic card.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity

A much difference between DDR2 and DDR3
The first commercial product to claim using the "DDR2" technology was the NVIDIA GeForce FX 5800 graphics card. However, it is important to note that this GDDR-2 memory used on graphics cards is not DDR2 per se, but rather an early midpoint between DDR and DDR2 technologies. Using "DDR2" to refer to GDDR-2 is a colloquial misnomer. In particular, the performance-enhancing doubling of the I/O clock rate is missing. It had severe overheating issues due to the nominal DDR voltages. ATI has since designed the GDDR technology further into GDDR3, which is more true to the DDR2 specifications, though with several additions suited for graphics cards.
GDDR3 is now commonly used in modern graphics cards and some tablet PCs. However, further confusion has been added to the mix with the appearance of budget and mid-range graphics cards which claim to use "DDR2". These cards actually use standard DDR2 chips designed for use as main system memory. These chips cannot achieve the clock speeds that GDDR3 can but are inexpensive enough to be used as memory on mid-range cards.
FROM Wikipedia,The Free Encyclopedia

Read More here : *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gddr2#Relation_to_GDDR_memory

Last edited:

Jags

Journeyman

Hi Guys,
Recently bought a POV 7200gs and I want to connect my PC to TV.
I have an OLD CRT tv..so no dvi/hdmi output..just have one "video in" connector behind the TV

Can anyone tell me :-
1) Whats the name of the cable used in connecting PC-to-TV
2) How exactly does it look..like how many pins/connectors on each side
3) Rough idea about the price
4) Any particular Brand which is good

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

Can anyone tell me :-
1) Whats the name of the cable used in connecting PC-to-TV

For your TV the cable should be S-Video to Composite Video-In

2) How exactly does it look..like how many pins/connectors on each side

It has one S-Video in cable which plugs in the S-Video socket of your Graphics Card.It has three other cables one for Composite Video-In which plugs in Video-In socket of your TV and two other for L-Audio(Left) and R-Audio(Right)which are pretty useless.
*www.epanorama.net/circuits/svideo2rca1.jpg

This Image is without the insulation wire and L-Audio And R-Audio.

3) Rough idea about the price

Price will vary from Rs 100 to Rs300 depending on brand and other factors like length and plating.

4) Any particular Brand which is good

Don't know about brands.

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

If ur TC dn have S vid only then a cable like this cud work.
I costed me bout 200/-, maybe due to gud quality. The cable was of very gud quality. Maybe similar cheaper ones are available.

*img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10023881xi8.jpg*img136.imageshack.us/img136/7885/10023881xi8.th.jpg

u can extend with another RF[i think thats the name] cable and adapter

*img527.imageshack.us/img527/9378/10023921vq8.th.jpg

And for best quality output get gud quality cables only. The ones with gold colour has med~gud quality, even though they are nowhere near original gold plating.

Some TVs video in connector will have small shock. This is a TV h/w problem[not harmful for TV], but cud problem with Gcard. And this happens with most TV after 3~4 yrs. Just test by touching ur finger on the vid in of TVF while on:- no u wont get big shock, just a small disturbance. First check that, nd if its there, get TV repaired. Its a small defect nd will only costs 150/- to 200/-.

Last edited:
Top Bottom