Graphics Cards related queries here.

avikchaks

Ex-KGB
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Even if they do release the 98XX cards , in all probability they will be even more expensive than the 8800 cards and I dont think 88XX cards will take any price cut .. not until at least 5-6 months after the 98XX releases .

So basically we are talking this time next year 88XX 640 will be like 15k or so , even thats not too tempting .
All of guys must be stinkin rich :)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

^^Well I think the prices of 8800 and 8600 are gonna fall before the release of cards I mentioned before.First of all they will ant to sell their stock of 8800 and 8600 as their chances of selling are less after the release of 98xx series(which are DX10.1 compatible).You are right about trhe prices of 98xx they will be pretty expensive and they are supposed to perform 2-2.5 times better than respective 8800,now this makes me believe they will also release a medium range card too with 9800 cos then there will be no medium range card in market which will give value for money(forget 8600--they are pathetic).So wait on guys this aint very far just one more month.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

i read in toms hardware ( forum ) that its official that g92 isnt geforce 9800 .

avikchaks

Ex-KGB

yea , now that 8800 320 's have been EOL 'ed , the talk is about the arrival of the new 8800 GT that will provide more bang for buck and is slated to replace 8800 320 .

Also a revamped 8800GTS 640 is slated to replace the old one . All this is speculation of course , therein lies the rub .

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

lets hope for the best, and no, 8800gt would not be equivalent to 8800gts 320mb version, its just replacing it

assasin

Banned

entrana said:
i cant find the fatal1ty bios, i can only find the normal 8800gts 320mb xe and xxx bios

XFX 8800GTS 320MB Fatal1ty BIOS:
*www.mvktech.net/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/XF88F1.rar

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

UPDATE
GRAPHIC CARDS PRICES HAVE BEEN SLASHED.Now a XFX geforce 8600gt is available at only 6.2k(previously it was 6.9k).Check theitwares.com

utsav

damn busy...

^^lo tumhe ab pata chal raha hai.its 6k from the past two weeks in most places

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

just dl the Fatal1ty bios and vflash.
create a dos boot disk,and copy the Fatal1ty bios file and nvflash files to that disc.

hey dude whats vflash, nvflash and how to create a dos boot disc. this process isnt risky is it? and it doesnt void the warranty does it

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

hey guys this is important
digit october issue in the graphics card test, says msi 8800gts 640mb costs 18k while xfx8800gts 320mb costs 18k as well. which one should i get. people living in kolkata where to get the msi one

Last edited:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

avikchaks said:
^^ Check up the model no of MSI card you are talking about . It's a typo .
:D
yup its a typo goddam thats a bad reputation for digit, anyways but this is showing better framerates. i think i shud get this one. plus i dont want lost planet with xfx i want coh which im getting with msi

avikchaks

Ex-KGB

^^ The devil was just havin some fun ,lol .

@entrana : Also which card u treating the 'mis-typed' card as ? 320 or 640 .
I dunno how we can be sure of either .

Last edited:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

its 320, the model number that was written says its 320, its a typo in the magazine

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac

Hey guys!! I have a palit geforce fx 5200 AGP card. ;)
All I need is to update it's BIOS to latest version. Can u guys help me about where do I get the BIOS and how do I update it using nvflash??:confused: :confused:

Top Bottom