Graphics Cards related queries here.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

the framerates shown differ in many other sites, thats the doubts but overall its good

utsav

damn busy...

^^
the system that they used was superb

x6800
900Watt PSU
2*1GB 1066MHz RAM in dual channel giving a theoretical memorybandwidth of 17GBPS
Asus Commando Motherboard

so i think these r the causes of difference in frame rates.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

no i meant negative differences it was actually showing less framerates
dude 1066mhz? are they using ddr 3 or something cool

assasin

Banned

^^^ i think a variance of +/- 5 in fps is acceptable cuz no 2 rigs with same config will give u exactly the same fps.
also no 2 piece of hardware of the same make and model will perform the same.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

ahh i see anyways gud luck to the people buying new gfx. im still option for 8800gts. hey sin comon tell me in detailed how to make it fatal1ty

assasin

Banned

^^^ goto mvktech.net and download the Fatal1ty bios.load this bios file and nvflash files onto a bootable dos boot disc.
boot from this disc and at the command promt just enter the following command:
nvflash name.rom
where 'name' stands for the name of the bios file u wanna flash.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

i cant find the fatal1ty bios, i can only find the normal 8800gts 320mb xe and xxx bios

avikchaks

Ex-KGB

Well ,

I want to bring home a Gfx card for about 10k
It should be able to play the next 2-3 NFS and FIFA installments .

As for my system specs :
AMD 4400+ , Mobo: Asus M2a-vm,
1gb x 2 Kingston 667 Mhz
500 GB Pata

Also a friend suggested that my procy would bottleneck a high end DX9 card like 1950xtx or 7900 .Should i change the procy ?

Any suggestions :oops:

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)

Hi Buddies ,

My 8600 GT which i got for myseelf from Canada has gone faulty . When i called up nVidia , they gave the answer " NO WARRANTY FOR GPU's PURCHASED OUTSIDE INDIA " ...now there's not even a service center here in Delhi ...

The main prb is that when i plug in my GPU to the mobo , the PC doesn't starts up , n without it , the PC starts like a charm !

Thinking that PSU mite be at fault , replaced the PSU with a higher capacity !

Even after above failed attempts , i plugged my card into another PC but same result , that PC also didn't start up !

Now the question arises ,

i wud like to ask u ppl what can i do and whether can i get the card repaired in Nehru Place ? If yes , then plz which shop too !

i m paying the price :(

Thnx

BlackBerry7100g.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

hmm are u sure ur mobo isnt a bottle neck i mean does it support pcie?

hash!!

________

@blackberry: whats your config? and what psu are you using?

avikchaks said:
Well ,

I want to bring home a Gfx card for about 10k
It should be able to play the next 2-3 NFS and FIFA installments .

As for my system specs :
AMD 4400+ , Mobo: Asus M2a-vm,
1gb x 2 Kingston 667 Mhz
500 GB Pata

Also a friend suggested that my procy would bottleneck a high end DX9 card like 1950xtx or 7900 .Should i change the procy ?

Any suggestions :oops:

hmmm... i dont think so... i have a 4400+ myself, and its pretty decent... i got an 8800gts 320mb... its been a month or so, and i've run almost all the games i could think of at majorly maxxed out settings, res @ 1024x768... games like nfsmw, carbon, prince of persia t2t, battlefield 2142, fear, prey, etc etc.... and in no way do i think my processor's bottlenecked my card... :)
but well, if you got moolah to spend, getting a 5400+ or above is justified... :D

Last edited:

avikchaks

Ex-KGB

@entrana : Yeah .. Its an AMD690G chipset board .

@Hash (lol .. talking to hash !! ) : Good to hear that 4400+ can handle all that . I think I'll update proccy after a year or so .. this one's still got 3 yr warranty on it .

But though I'd love to buy 8800gts , its still way over my budget .

Does anybody know how much a 1950XTX costs in Delhi . Online stores generally give price updates on Nvidia cards .

Thanx.

utsav

damn busy...

@ avichaks .if u wanna play next two NFS titles then u should invest in a DX10 card 8800GTS as most probably the next NFS after Pro-Street will be a Direct X 10 game and u wont be able to play it with X1950 which supports DX9 only

avikchaks

Ex-KGB

hey utsav .. thanx for the advice .. I can see that problem coming up if i purchase a Dx9 card , u r right .

Problem is Nvidia just don't have a good mid range solution in Direct X 10 as of now ..and looking up 8800 prices just makes me hold on to my purse strings for some more months ..

What about the 8700 ..i heard it will be released in the last quarter ?

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

^^They(nVidia) have never officially announced any 8700 card but they are coming with some new cards to coincide with the release of crysis.I guess they will launch cards to replace current high end dx10 8800 series with 98xx series and 8600 series with 87xx(supposedly).I am also waiting for this big release.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Guys!!! i don't know if it is true but i have heard that nVidia is killing its 320 MB 8800 GTS. So for all guys out there....please check the web before u buy one!

Top Bottom