Graphics Cards related queries here.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

dude ati x1900 never killed the 7900, and even if it did, ati's hd models suck literally. their flagship hd2900 has VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY bad framerates on games. trust me u really dont wanna go for ati. and specially u wouldnt wanna go for the hd series, seriously trust me on this one

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Although the word "KILLED" might not be appropriate but yes X1900XTX is really standing taller than 7900GTX. May be not enough but the performance difference is 60:40.

quadroplex780

Maximum Fame

I have some bad news for XFX and nVidia fans today me and my brother Harvik went to upgrade his old pc and this the info I got from a good gentleman at rashi-Remember u guys got the news that XFX have slashed the prices for the Geforce 8600GT but there is no such thing when I told the guy that theitwares mumbai are selling 8600 at Rs6200 he told me that an older model of the 8600 has been withdrawn and its sales have been banned by XFX it seems to me that it is the same model that breached the 80C mark on serious gaming more he told me that he could get me an Geforce 8600 GT for Rs7500 apiece minimum.
So buyers beware of this older model in the market.
My brother has ordered two pieces of the new model of 8600 gt for SLI on the ASUS P5NE-SLI(650i SLI).

hash!!

________

keith_j_snyder2 said:
I usually play NFS most wanted with all settings maxed out on 1280X1024 res.!
By far it is really good and i don't have any problem.
In NFS Carbon, i just have to turn AA to half and rest of the things are maxed out!
Still don't face any problem!

Does the 2600XT will be able to beat or not on my system(17" LCS1280X1024res.)?

i reckon you'd get better framerates with the 2600... infact, im pretty sure...
tho i read somewhere that ati's come out with a newer line of 2600's which have slower memory, hence cheaper too...
and btw, if you're getting optimum performace with your current rig, why're you goin in for a newer card? that too an entry/mid range card...
cause even if the 2600 gives you better performance (which i think it would), it would just about be noticeable... so if you're lookin for better fireworks, and serious gaming, i think you might as well save up and buy something better....

entrana said:
dude according to the specs its should but i dont trust ati anyways just go with 8600gt dude it rockzzzz
the 2600's almost as good as the 8600gt, and cheaper too...
tho its only downer is that the 2600's performance falls a bit when aa's turned on, and the 8600 does alright...
but well, they both cant handle aa at huge resolutions i guess, thats for the big guns...

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

hash!! said:
i reckon you'd get better framerates with the 2600... infact, im pretty sure...
tho i read somewhere that ati's come out with a newer line of 2600's which have slower memory, hence cheaper too...
and btw, if you're getting optimum performace with your current rig, why're you goin in for a newer card? that too an entry/mid range card...
cause even if the 2600 gives you better performance (which i think it would), it would just about be noticeable... so if you're lookin for better fireworks, and serious gaming, i think you might as well save up and buy something better....

Wow...seriously...if i need to save money for something better then i will buy it after 2 years from now because my rig is playing every single game so far upto S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Splinter Cell - Double Agent.

For all those upcomming games....if i don't go for an upgrade or change....i will run all those comming games on little lower settings like no AA and medium details.....but when i go upgrade....it will be the Quad cores and DDR3( possibely cheaper after 2 years)....but now i m just skipping little stones before taking a big leap!

quan chi

mortal kombat

ok guys please help here.well i am not so of a hardcore gammer but i want to run games like nfsmw,blood money and carbon type of games at almost high settings(if aa is turned off it dosent matter)at 1024x768 or at full highest settings at 800x600 resolutions.
and it should also be able to run tom clancy type of games at lowest or mid settigs at 800x600 resolutions or 640x480 resolutions.

well is 7300gt better for this.or 7600gs.

well how much will 7600gs cost.

does 7300gt have ddr2 ram.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

quan chi said:
ok guys please help here.well i am not so of a hardcore gammer but i want to run games like nfsmw,blood money and carbon type of games at almost high settings(if aa is turned off it dosent matter)at 1024x768 or at full highest settings at 800x600 resolutions.
and it should also be able to run tom clancy type of games at lowest or mid settigs at 800x600 resolutions or 640x480 resolutions.

well is 7300gt better for this.or 7600gs.

well how much will 7600gs cost.

does 7300gt have ddr2 ram.

Go for 8500GT or HD2400 pro

quan chi

mortal kombat

keith_j_snyder2 said:
Go for 8500GT or HD2400 pro

well thanks for the reply.but i am dont want dx10 card now.
and i want something in the price range of 7300gt.well i think 8500gt is 5.5k.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

quan chi said:
well thanks for the reply.but i am dont want dx10 card now.
and i want something in the price range of 7300gt.well i think 8500gt is 5.5k.

Well XFX 7600 GS is for 4150/- and XFX 8500 GT is for 4500/- acc. to www.itwares.com

So, i don't think its a much of a difference in price yet decent one in performance.

Tech_Wiz said:
How Much is cost difference between 8600 GT and HD2600 ?

The 8600 GT is for 6200/- and the HD 2600 XT is for 5850/-

Last edited:

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl

If just Rs. 500 odd is the difference then 8600 GT is better choice I think. I am upgrading this week :)

Just saw comparisions on net and HD2600 gets outperformed in game FPS by 8600 GT :$

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

o ya guys u shud see the thread posted by harvicks brother, the 6k 8600gt is the old model and there is a new model of 8600gt thats for 7500

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

entrana said:
o ya guys u shud see the thread posted by harvicks brother, the 6k 8600gt is the old model and there is a new model of 8600gt thats for 7500

What exactly is this new and old thing?
There is only one 8600GT. Is it something like 8600GT2 or OC or OC2....like BFG has?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

a newer model, hey its posted by harvicks brother i dont doubt him he rockzz

baccilus

Cyborg Agent

Please beware of temperature problems in XFX 8500 and 8600 cards. They easily touch 80 90 degree c. I have the 8500 one so I know.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

^^why worry yaar buy from Rashi peripherals they will replace your card if any heating problem rises.

Top Bottom