Graphics Cards related queries here.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

i checked xfx.com , are u not supposed to get company of heroes with 8600?

hey guys i also say that xfx is releasing 8800gts fatal1ty edition, in fact it has been released on september 17, did anyone see this. it has 320 gddr2, hdmi, it is faster than the xxx and extreme editions, whoo must get me one of these

*xfxforce.com/web/viewFeature.jspa?featureId=1430916

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

entrana said:
i checked xfx.com , are u not supposed to get company of heroes with 8600?

hey guys i also say that xfx is releasing 8800gts fatal1ty edition, in fact it has been released on september 17, did anyone see this. it has 320 gddr2, hdmi, it is faster than the xxx and extreme editions, whoo must get me one of these

*xfxforce.com/web/viewFeature.jspa?featureId=1430916

The fatal1ty is the fastest 8800GTS in the market which is better than the 640MB model,xfx released it because nvidia came over some performance issues with the 320MB version(that VRAM memory bug)

Offtopic:I am downloading crysis BETA and i'll break the NDA and post some info hear.
Please do not report.

Kalyan

Journeyman

Hi there.. me too bought the 8600GT recently. (and I too got the Lost Planet DVD though I think it requires an internet connection, which I dont have. so, it is not installing. If there is any way to install the game without installing the Steam application, please tell me.)
I dont know whether I could ask this qn here or not. I have a 400W psu given with my iBall Benz cabinet. Could anyone tell me if I need to upgrade my psu? if so, which psu should I buy and how much it would cost me?
Another Qn.. I have tuned the system using the nvidia control panel and it saved the profile in a separate file. Now, every now and then, the system is displaying a message that the profile is loaded. I think it is loading the profile according to the needs. Is there any way to turn off these messages? or to remove the profile and go back to my older profile?

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!

The_Devil_Himself said:
ehh dude where did you purchase the game from.

Regarding your problem do a clean install of xp and see if it works out.And why don't you consider switching over to Vista to harness full power of 8600gt(as it is dx10 compatible).

regards.

yeah guys made a clean install of xp..
now everything finr..

jst curiuos ..
name some really good softwares after a clean install
for the temp..

sorrry man i didnt install nview..

will tell ya soon .
prev when i installed and ran on my prev os itshowed at 56-58c

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

8800gts fatality edition 210 Pounds ex.of tax.

*www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=672898&source=shopzilla

milan

Right off the assembly line

hi techies

recently i downloaded a pc game punisher and spiderman 2 movie version but after install when i try to play it says "no tnl card detected" So i have decided to go for a graphics card but to utter surprize when i searched the net for a descent gfx card i was stunned to find a vareity of cards ranging from 2000 to 30,000 and to that in agp & pci version...so wat d f..i cannot understand anything..which one is better to go.I have a pc of 2.4ghz mercury mobo 256 ram (thinking to upgrade to 1 gb ram),1 agp slot and 3 pci slot.My budget for gfx card is 2500 to 4000 ..better if within 3500

Also i wann know what is d difference between agp and pci gfx cards & which one is the best

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

one by one.
i was stunned to find a vareity of cards ranging from 2000 to 30,000
Thats normal.Don't worry.This wide range of graphic cards is to make sure every customer gets exactly what he wants.

Also i wann know what is d difference between agp and pci gfx cards & which one is the best
It's PCIe not PCI.PCIe is far better than agp cards.USe google or wikipedia for differences.

thinking to upgrade to 1 gb ram
Its high time you do it.RAM is now dirt cheap.

Since your mobo doesn't support PCIe card you will have to go for AGP cards which are costlier than their PCie counterparts.I would suggect 6800gt it is around 3.5k.

MY SUGESTIONS:
upgrade your mobo instead of buying a graphic card.MOBO having SATA2,PCIe supposrt and having good onboard graphics(like GMA3000).This onboard graphics will easily play Spiderman2,NFS:MW etc.And then maybe later you can buy a PCIe graphic card.

Ragards.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'

How good is "256 MB GEFORCE PCX 8400GS " over onboard nvidia 6100 chipset?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

it is better than 6100, but i suggest u get something better than a 8400 at least a 8600gt dude, nowadays tahts become a minimum for the upcoming games

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

ambandla said:
How good is "256 MB GEFORCE PCX 8400GS " over onboard nvidia 6100 chipset?
8400gs is certainly better than any onboard graphic solution and it would suffice all your multimedia and DX10 needs(vista) but if you want to play games than this is just not the card for you.

sanjay_111

Broken In

I must say that this forum is dead against 8400 and strongly pro 8600.

Will someone tell me which game u cannot play well with 8400 but only with 8600

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

^^read this months digit magazine.looks like even techies at digit are dead against 8400 as far as gaming is concerned.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'

Thanks you entrana and The_Devil_Himself for your suggestions. I wanted to buy dx10 card for gaming. Will go for 8600 series.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

^^You should mention your budget in whatever question you ask.This helps in suggesting good alternatives according to your needs.

Regards.

Top Bottom