Graphics Cards related queries here.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

hash!! said:
damn... why cant they make things simpler... now that i've read all this jargon here, im like "to buy, or not to buy, that is the question"
ughhh... that means if i go for an 8800gts 320mb, i'l hvta spend on a decent psu as well... which will cost me an upwards of 3k... damnnn...
what if the psu doesnt have a 6pin connector? i can get the converter from nehru place or sumthn naa?
and will my card actually burn out or blow up if the psu doesnt give it enough power? cause that sounds a tad far fetched... cause if sumthn doesnt get enough power, it doesnt work...?
gaaah... help me out someone... gimme a budget psu which would be alright to run the darn card safely... cause i'd hate to go in for a 7950gt while the 8 series is riding high... :(
Cooler master 600watt(real watt 560).Has one 6 pin pci-express power connector.Should be suffice ur needs.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

i will post my 3d mark results by this weekend.bt my card doesnt look like the one there in your pic.i will try to post a pic too.
no converter from pci-e to molex came with the card.are these converters available in the market individually??

@ hash

coolermaster will be more than enough for ut system,thts for sure:).

Last edited:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

@harvy in the website of coolermaster i think it says its 4 pin not 6pin
could u elaborate which model by going to the cooler master site properly

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

entrana said:
@harvy in the website of coolermaster i think it says its 4 pin not 6pin
could u elaborate which model by going to the cooler master site properly
The cooler master 600w is an ATX 20+4 pin(24 pin for ATX and 20 pin for micro ATX)power supply u can detach the 4 pins if u want to connect it to a micro ATX power supply.I think it was the detachable 4 pins u were talking about.To confirm that it has a 1 pci-express 6 pin power connector follow this link-
*hi-techreviews.com/reviews_2006/CMPSU/P1.htm

This power supply is not modular.That means u cannot disconnect the wires u don't need.Check out the full review from the above link.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

ooo ok ya totally iread 20+4 pins thanks for the heads up anyways
but i dont think anytime in the future ill swich to SLI because it has issues beside this single gts would last me 3 years

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

BULLZI said:
no converter from pci-e to molex came with the card.are these converters available in the market individually??
Yes they exist and u can buy them individually.Check them here-

*www.atxpowersupplies.com/Molex-to-PCI-Express-Adapter.htm

and here

*www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=46857&doy=30m8&C=SO&U=strat15

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

hmm harvy whats the best overclockable asus mobo with dual channel ddr2 support and all features of p5ne-sli under 7-8k
p.s. i DONT NEED SLI

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

entrana said:
hmm harvy whats the best overclockable asus mobo with dual channel ddr2 support and all features of p5ne-sli under 7-8k
p.s. i DONT NEED SLI
Asus does not have any motherboards based on the 650i ultra chipset(its non sli).But XFX has one-
*www.xfxforce.com/web/product/listC...+nForce+650i&seriesId=989307&productId=989811

It should be a good overclocker and will be under ur budget.I think it costs R6.5K.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

i believe the features are the same as asus p5ne sli just without the sli right?

woops slash that this is the graphics cards thread sorry
anyways decided to go for asus cuz its better

Last edited:

p_d5010

Journeyman

Can Bioshock run at 1280x800 resolution with all settings cranked up to high in DX10 mode on 8600gt?

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

p_d5010 said:
Can Bioshock run at 1280x800 resolution with all settings cranked up to high in DX10 mode on 8600gt?
@Tech_Genius told me that his 8600Gt gave him 27-30 FPS at 1024*768.But i think his processor(P4 3.0Ghz)bottlenecked the video crad.I have an 8800GTS 640MB and it gives 40 FPS average on 1600*1200 with everything maxed out.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

hey harvy i too have a p4 ht 3.06 ghz im not sure if i would change it
would it too bottleneck the card
and + i just need the resolution of 1280x1024
and ya id get 8800gts 320mb

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

^^ I'd be nice if u could oc that CPU .. my friend has P4 HT 3.0 GHz oc'ed to 3.6 GHz and it reduces the bottleneck by quite a bit .. even with a 7900GTX ...

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

Harvik780 said:
Yes they exist and u can buy them individually.Check them here-

*www.atxpowersupplies.com/Molex-to-PCI-Express-Adapter.htm

and here

*www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=46857&doy=30m8&C=SO&U=strat15

i checked out the sites.nice info.thnx a lot.:).bt the problem is still there.
there are two pci-e ports in corsair hx 620 watt,all 6 pins.now,with that converter,it converts two molex connectors to 1 pci-e.it means,the psus those do not have a 6 pin pci-e port can power the pci-e gfx card via addition of two molex ports in the psu,am i rite?
bt my card has only 4 pins that requires a molex connector.
so if i connect the 6 pin pci-e connector to psu and one of the molexes in my gfx card,i am not sure my purpose will be served or not:confused: :confused:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

guys how to overclock a p4, witihin the safe limits i mean software overclock i dont want any damage and how to check temeperature of my p4

srinivasaraor

Right off the assembly line

I am having problem with my 19 inch (viewsonic VA1903wm)widescreen LCD. I know the native resolution should be 1440*900. But I can't see it in the list, any suggestions ? thanks in advance

integrated graphic driver on intel original essential series desktop board D945Gcl mother board..................i have tried with all updated drivers for that resolution but resolution not came.but some times the sys automatically set to 1440*900 resolution.at that time i could able to see all 1440*900 resolution list.....
mother board details are:

micro ATX form factor
supports 1066/800/533mHZ sys bus
processor:intel(R)pentium(R)cpu 3.00GHz

support ddr2 667/533 sdram memory

intel graphic media accelarator 950

PCI express*x16 graphic connector
intel high defination audio
support intel em64t
microsoft windows vista ready

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

BULLZI said:
i checked out the sites.nice info.thnx a lot.:).bt the problem is still there.
there are two pci-e ports in corsair hx 620 watt,all 6 pins.now,with that converter,it converts two molex connectors to 1 pci-e.it means,the psus those do not have a 6 pin pci-e port can power the pci-e gfx card via addition of two molex ports in the psu,am i rite?
bt my card has only 4 pins that requires a molex connector.
so if i connect the 6 pin pci-e connector to psu and one of the molexes in my gfx card,i am not sure my purpose will be served or not:confused: :confused:
Sorry for the wrong reply,i didn't pay attention.Have u tried connecting the psu's molex connector to the video card.Do it,it won't harm the video card and check if low power warning is received.

I think ur card is somewhat like this 7900GT from gigabyte.

*img406.imageshack.us/img406/2368/fullgb7900gtwj7.jpg

This is a 7900GT which requires a molex connector.

entrana said:
guys how to overclock a p4, witihin the safe limits i mean software overclock i dont want any damage and how to check temeperature of my p4
Well pentium 4 is unstable when u increase the FSB.U'll have to increase the multiplier to get a higher clock.Also u'll have to do it through bios.The FSB is the real clock of the processor and the multiplier is the number of instructions that can be processed per clock cycle.So if ur processor has a multiplier of 9 then ur processor FSB or real speed is 333.333Mhz(FSB*Multipler=Theoretical clock,9*333.33=3.0Ghz).Ur new mobo will support extensive overclocking.Be careful though.

Last edited:

hash!!

________

srinivasaraor said:
I am having problem with my 19 inch (viewsonic VA1903wm)widescreen LCD. I know the native resolution should be 1440*900. But I can't see it in the list, any suggestions ? thanks in advance

right click on your desktop, go to properties, select the Settings tab, click on the "Advanced" button, now the monitor and display adaptor properties will open up in a new dialog... click on the Monitor tab, and untick "Hide Modes that my monitor cannot display"
that'd open a whole lotta resolutions...

Top Bottom