Graphics Cards related queries here.

hash!!

________
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

BULLZI said:
$hash

dont know where u live.bt when u can get a decent psu here in India,why are u so much interested having it from Singapore??!!
cooler master true power will serve the purpose for you bt then if u upgrade ur computer in the future,400 watt psus wont let u do that.
if u use a low power psu with ur 8800,then the psu will blow,thts for sure.
before blowing,ur cabby will be abnormally heated.so better be in the safe side before regretting:).

hehh.. dude, im from delhi alright... but all over nehru place, you get different quotes for the same darn thing... and anyway, im gettin stuff at good rates there... so thats why... agreed, we get everythn here, but its a tad cheaper there...
so a 400-450w true power would be good enough? and would keep my rig safe, right?
or what if i get any (as in no specific brand) 500-700w psu?

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

yup u ll be in safe side with branded ones,though(coolermaster,corsair,antec).
make it at least 500 watt.
u dont need 700watt unless u wish to hv a couple of 8800gtxs or ultras in SLI:).

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

hey guys im getting cooler master 600wats wurth 4k
does it have 1 pcie connector?

hash!!

________

BULLZI said:
u dont need 700watt unless u wish to hv a couple of 8800gtxs or ultras in SLI:).
hahahaa... mate, thats waaaayyyy outta my league... as it is, im tryin to figure out how im gonna sneak in another couple of grand for the darn psu, after spendin all that much on the gts... lolz...
oh... lastly... is there anythn specific i should look out for while selecting the psu, other than the wattage and brand? like pins? or connectors, or pcie connectors? i really have no idea whatsoever about those...

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

amps on the 12 volt rail . if u're taking 8800GTX look for a psu with 2 connectors for it . if not one is enough . take one with alteast 30A if u're going for 8800GTS.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

hash!! said:
hahahaa... mate, thats waaaayyyy outta my league... as it is, im tryin to figure out how im gonna sneak in another couple of grand for the darn psu, after spendin all that much on the gts... lolz...
oh... lastly... is there anythn specific i should look out for while selecting the psu, other than the wattage and brand? like pins? or connectors, or pcie connectors? i really have no idea whatsoever about those...

yes mate,u will have to have 30 A on 12 Volt rails if you are going for 8800 series or higher that will soon come out.

if you get a 7 series one,it only has 4 pin connector so no need to worry about pins bt 8800 uses 6 pin connectors also u will hv to hv a spacy cabinet.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

ok 1 more thing guys since ur saying 8800 series use 6pins
coolermaster 600watts has only 4 pins so i have to get a better smps
is this true?

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

entrana said:
so that means id have to go for the 7.2k smps right
The 8800GTS requires 1 Pci-express power connector(6 pin)where as the 8800GTX requires 2 Pci-express power connectors.The cooler master 600watt's true rating is somewhere around 560watt and it has only one Pci-express power connector.Never compromise,tell your dad that if we try to save money we might not get the recommended products.If you are buying an 8800GTS go for the Corsair HX620W(can support upto 2 8800GTX in SLI by the use of molex to pci-express power connector,a total of four are required for 8800GTX SLI).I have no experience with coller master 600w.If ur going for cooler master u better google for user experiences to see ifs stable enough.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

so corsair hx620watts has four pci-e connectors with 6pins each? wow ill definitely get this
thanks harvy again so i guess no choice

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

entrana said:
so corsair hx620watts has four pci-e connectors with 6pins each? wow ill definitely get this
thanks harvy again so i guess no choice
No,HX620watt has 2 pci express power connectors and u can add 2 molex to pci express power connectors to set up SLI with 8800GTX.Don't worry the power provided is more than enough.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

ooooooooooooooooooooooook thx,umm again
just one more things whats a molex
and never in the future wud i be able to afford a gtx for me even a gts 320mb is costly and thats the max im gettin maybe id even have to downgrade to 8600gt
one more thing i have this proview amrex ups cant fnd on the net i wonder if this supports the 620watts psu or not ill post its specs as written at the back
model number: proview 600
220-240v,50-60hz i.e. input and output , and thats pretty much all

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

u attach a converter to the molex and put the other end of the converter ( which is now acting like a pcie 4 pin / 6 pin power supplier ) to the g-card.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

o ok thanks
so i planned on buying a 8800gts320mb
and ya in sli mode u can use any 2 graphics cards right or does it have to be the two exactly same replica of the card

Last edited:

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

@harvik

i hv corsair 620 watt.it has ,indeed,2 pci-e connectors but my 7900 gt only requires 4 pin molex.so i cant fit the gfx power supply in the required port of the psu and already am getting warnings that my gfx card isnt receiving enough power.wht shud i do now??
pci-e to molex converters available in tha market??

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

BULLZI said:
@harvik

i hv corsair 620 watt.it has ,indeed,2 pci-e connectors but my 7900 gt only requires 4 pin molex.so i cant fit the gfx power supply in the required port of the psu and already am getting warnings that my gfx card isnt receiving enough power.wht shud i do now??
pci-e to molex converters available in tha market??
I think the XFX Geforce 7900GT has a 6pin pci-express power inlet.

*img207.imageshack.us/img207/996/clipboard01on0.jpg

The HX620Watt has tow 6 Pin Pci-express power connectors.Just connect one to the crad.Are u saying that by connecting the pci-express connector ur getting the warning.U can always connect the molex to pci-express connectors that came with ur card to see if the warning is removed.I have heard that many people are getting these warnings with the 6 pin power connector.Actually the molex to pci-express power connectors are provided for old power supplies which don't have the required 6 pin pci-express connector.Have u tested ur crad with 3d mark,if it provides with accurate results,those posted on the net,then u don't need to worry about the warning.The HX620W has a total amperage of 50Amp and real power of 600watt on the 12V rails required by the card,so connecting the 6 pin power connector to the crad shouldn't cause any problems.

hash!!

________

damn... why cant they make things simpler... now that i've read all this jargon here, im like "to buy, or not to buy, that is the question"
ughhh... that means if i go for an 8800gts 320mb, i'l hvta spend on a decent psu as well... which will cost me an upwards of 3k... damnnn...
what if the psu doesnt have a 6pin connector? i can get the converter from nehru place or sumthn naa?
and will my card actually burn out or blow up if the psu doesnt give it enough power? cause that sounds a tad far fetched... cause if sumthn doesnt get enough power, it doesnt work...?
gaaah... help me out someone... gimme a budget psu which would be alright to run the darn card safely... cause i'd hate to go in for a 7950gt while the 8 series is riding high... :(

Top Bottom