Graphics Cards related queries here.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

can anyone tell me the current price of 7600GS and 6800xt(both 256mb)?is there another better card in this range?

raj14

In Deniel

nish_higher said:
can anyone tell me the current price of 7600GS and 6800xt(both 256mb)?is there another better card in this range?

7600GS 256MB is around 4.5k
6800XT is 5.1k

assuming your budget is around 6k, get 8500GT, its a good choice if you want to be future proof; otherwise, get a Point of View 7600GT 256MB or XFX 7600GT 256MB.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

The nVIDIA 8xxx series is DX 10.So all those model number starts with 8xxx GT,GS,GTS,GTX.....& so on,are DX 10 equipped!

cooldip10

In the zone

keith_j_snyder2 said:
The nVIDIA 8xxx series is DX 10.So all those model number starts with 8xxx GT,GS,GTS,GTX.....& so on,are DX 10 equipped!

Good info buddy..

But what's the price for mid-range 8XXX cards??

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'

Raedon 2900 XT Arrives, priced at $400,

faster than similarly priced 8800 GTS by miles

slower than outrageously priced 8800 GTX (ultra) and even outclassed 8800 GTX in few gaming benchmarks.

Con: very noise and powerhungry

Source: Extremetech

blackleopard92

In the zone

ambandla said:
Raedon 2900 XT Arrives, priced at $400,

faster than similarly priced 8800 GTS by miles
better yes, but not by miles.
ambandla said:
slower than outrageously priced 8800 GTX (ultra) and even outclassed 8800 GTX in few gaming benchmarks.
lol, don't joke. even 2900XTX couldn't match 8800GTX, it has now been postphoned to q3. so, nothing beats 8800GTX.
2900XT is a 8800GTS competitor.

quan chi

mortal kombat

well whats the basic difference between gt and gs.whats their full form.

ancientrites

In the zone

forget 8800 ultra for time being,this ati card is not able to beat the normal factory clocked 8800gtx cards.look below for the links

*www.tbreak.com/reviews/article.php?cat=grfx&id=511&pagenumber=2
*techreport.com/reviews/2007q2/radeon-hd-2900xt/index.x?pg=11
*enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTM0MSwxNywsaGVudGh1c2lhc3Q=
*www.tweaktown.com/articles/1100/15/page_15_final_thoughts/index.html
*www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/431/20/

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'

blackleopard92 said:
lol, don't joke. even 2900XTX couldn't match 8800GTX, it has now been postphoned to q3. so, nothing beats 8800GTX.
2900XT is a 8800GTS competitor.

I am not joking mate. See the benchmark results @extremetech.com.

blackleopard92

In the zone

ancientrites said:
forget 8800 ultra for time being,this ati card is not able to beat the normal factory clocked 8800gtx cards.look below for the links

*www.tbreak.com/reviews/article.php?cat=grfx&id=511&pagenumber=2
*techreport.com/reviews/2007q2/radeon-hd-2900xt/index.x?pg=11
*enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTM0MSwxNywsaGVudGh1c2lhc3Q=
*www.tweaktown.com/articles/1100/15/page_15_final_thoughts/index.html
*www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/431/20/

add another 2 of them
*www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2988&p=19

*www.gamespot.com/features/6170621/index.html?tag=topslot;title;1

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat

well please can someone tell me which card will be the best 7600gs or 7300gt.and whats gs and gt.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

Can I know the best place in bangalore to buy grafix card other than SP road.

Computer warehouse states that
XFX 7300GT is Rs.4300
XFX 7600GS is Rs.5550
XFX 7600GT is Rs.7100
Radeon X1650 is Rs.6300.

Which one to go for ... is there other other option? I need the gfx card mainly for TV out and vista areo ;) , and a few causal week end gamming in medium settings. My current RAM is 512+256 , Processor is P4 520 (2.8 Ghz HT ) and its on a intel 915GAV mobo. and a 17" monitor

Please let me know your options.

Computer Warehouse Link

prosenjitmukherjee

Right off the assembly line

Dear Frends,
I am willing to Buy a Graphics Card(AGP One).Can anyone suggest me which one will be the best ,I am looking forward to buy Nvdia-6600gt , need to know whether it is good enough and the same the same time the current price of the card and of which company shall i buy ........... Please reply

morpheusv6

Journeyman

I am planning to buy 2 Asus EAX1950Pro GPUs and connect them in crossfire mode.
  • What other components do I need other than the graphics cards(cables etc. )? Is there any tutorial on how to connect them? What is the cost of the connector cables and is it locally available?
  • Does the motherboard MSI P965 Platinum support Crossfire mode(Its not very clear - does it have 2 x16 PCI Express? which is required for crossfire mode).
  • By connecting 2 EAX1950Pro GPUs do I get a performane advantage over a single 8800 GTS 320 MB card?[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

I suggest get 1 8800GTX rather than 2 1950pro.They sure do perform better in X-fire than 8800.But whats the point of buying the EAX1950pro.
Buy the XFX 8800 GTX XXX Edition(The barrier breaker).
Besides this u gonna need a PSU of 500-600 watt or above to run in X-fire.

Otherwise the answer for ur question:
There are cables that comes with the card & X-fire bridges like SLI but u will need 2 connectors which also comes with the card.
This is your lucky day buddy,the MSI 965 Platinum supports X-fire!!!
but one slot runs on X16 & other will run on X4.
Check the reviews
*www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2049

kapal83

rockyj123 said:
ati radeaon 9600se or fx 5200.. i have choice between them..pls help.. its urgent..
also are ti 4200/4400 cards still available in mumbai?.. are they better than the above cards...?

Don't opt for either of the 2. They both are DDR1 and wont last you more than 4-6 months. Try to look for Nvidia's 6 series (GF 6200) or 7 series (GF 7300GT)

keith_j_snyder2 said:
I suggest get 1 8800GTX rather than 2 1950pro.They sure do perform better in X-fire than 8800.But whats the point of buying the EAX1950pro.
Buy the XFX 8800 GTX XXX Edition(The barrier breaker).
Besides this u gonna need a PSU of 500-600 watt or above to run in X-fire.

Otherwise the answer for ur question:
There are cables that comes with the card & X-fire bridges like SLI but u will need 2 connectors which also comes with the card.
This is your lucky day buddy,the MSI 965 Platinum supports X-fire!!!
but one slot runs on X16 & other will run on X4.
Check the reviews
*www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=2049

In X-fire your performance may go down due both cards not performing at same speed. But in SLi you can get both the cards running in 16X with ASUS P5N32-SLi

SLi is easier to config and no need for master card like in X-fire.

prosenjitmukherjee said:
Dear Frends,
I am willing to Buy a Graphics Card(AGP One).Can anyone suggest me which one will be the best ,I am looking forward to buy Nvdia-6600gt , need to know whether it is good enough and the same the same time the current price of the card and of which company shall i buy ........... Please reply

Nvidia 6600GT is no longer in production and old technology. You should be looiking for either 7300GT or 7600GT alteast if you want your graphic card to last for a year in AGP.

Last edited:

prosenjitmukherjee

kapal83 said:
Don't opt for either of the 2. They both are DDR1 and wont last you more than 4-6 months. Try to look for Nvidia's 6 series (GF 6200) or 7 series (GF 7300GT)

In X-fire your performance may go down due both cards not performing at same speed. But in SLi you can get both the cards running in 16X with ASUS P5N32-SLi

SLi is easier to config and no need for master card like in X-fire.

Nvidia 6600GT is no longer in production and old technology. You should be looiking for either 7300GT or 7600GT alteast if you want your graphic card to last for a year in AGP.

Thanks a Lot...Just wanna know wats the Latest price tag for 7300GT...and which one to buy from (XFX,NVDIA..etc) ...

Top Bottom