Graphics Cards related queries here.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

monkey said:
Around 6k for 8500GT

well will 8500gt play games like splintercell and call of duty2 in medium settings in 1024x768 resolution.

monkey

Padawan

quan chi said:
well will 8500gt play games like splintercell and call of duty2 in medium settings in 1024x768 resolution.

8500GT and even 8600GT don't perform as well as 7600GT so they are not necessarily better than 7 series. Playing SplinterCell and CoD2 at 1024x768 settings shud give average FPS considering that I play these game on my 6600GT at these settings.

sagargv said:
is dx10 exclusive to vista ? ( ithought so , i want to be sure)

DX10 card is required to enable Aero feature of Vista. Other features of Vista run fine even on DX9 cards.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

and i forgot . . . i'm planning on buying 8600GT from dubai or 8500GT , just waiting for ati release . . i want to know the price of psu which i will need ,could u please tell me ? i'm really tight on budget . i think max is 2k. i hope i can get something for that
thanks.

@monkey , can i run dx10 on xp.

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat

according to me dx10 can be run on xp vista or even 2000 and nt in short almost in all versions of windows.
this only i suppose. no conformation yet.:D

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

ok . tell me where to find dx10 for xp .and what abt the smps i'll be needing

monkey

Padawan

sagargv said:
ok . tell me where to find dx10 for xp .and what abt the smps i'll be needing

I don't think DX10 will run on XP. It was meant for Vista and written specifically for it. In fact there was news of hybrid DX10 which will enable DX10 to run on XP but with limited functionality only. No news on it yet.

Also to run 8500GT/8600GT a PSU of 450W/500W will do which you can buy for under 2k. If you are buying gfx from Dubai then just take care of warranty issues as if something goes wrong with the card then you are doomed if the card is not under International warranty. Alternatively I suggest you buy from India as the difference in lower-end cards is not much and you will get full warranty support.

In continuation to my above message...
"The hybrid DX10 is called DX9.0L for XP."
Sorry..missed out this in the previous posting..

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

thanks . so vista --dx10 . ok . and the card has international warranty. my pop's friend is the manager of some company(or something , i dunno exactly ) and he visits india quite frequently and he said that the prices for which they sold in dubai were quite lower , so he asked my dad if wanted any comp parts. so i hope there is no prob.

Could you please tell me teh names of the psu which i will need . i was going to banglore day after tomorrow , i thought i would get one . thanks.

sabret00the

Youngling

Booked a 256mb Zebronics 8600GT (3year warranty) for Rs.2000/- as it's not available in the market yet.The card will be delivered to me within the next 2-3 days and it's gonna cost me Rs.7900/- + VAT in full.I guess its very cheap for the performance provided by the card.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

hey , what psu do u have or going to have ??
but i must say , it wud have been better to pay 2k extra and get xfx . zebronics aint that a good gfx card manufacturer . . ( heard they use chinese pcb )

Last edited:

monkey

Padawan

500 Watt PSU from Zebronics/Powersafe shud be enough to run 8600GT. They all cost about 2k. Higher brands like Antec/Corsair/CoolerMaster will cost much more and shud be considered with future expansion in mind.

Also I found this for gfx cards: *www.yantraonline.in/Product.asp?page=1&SubCatId=24
Some XFX cards are missing but atleast u get the idea on prices (prices may be discounted by 5% as claimed).

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

thanks a lot . i'll buy one of the two . . .
will amd release mid end cards on may 14 ?

quan chi

mortal kombat

well which will be more good. buying a ps2 for7k or going for gfx.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl

ps2 - getting outdated pretty fast ( though hangs still in india )
if its a dx10 card , get it , its better than the ps2 . . .

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

quan chi said:
well which will be more good. buying a ps2 for7k or going for gfx.

Its all about requirement.U have to decide which is more necessary to u.Some say PSU & some say Graphics card.

In 7K u can have the best of the best PSU.I suggest THERMALTAKE or ANTEC,or if u can find OCZ or CORSAIR,these are few of the best PSU available in the market.

Do u expect a DX10(a good one,which can run without a problem in maxed out the settings)card in 7K?

If yes i suggest go for Card,if power isn't a problem!

Kniwor

Learner

keith_j_snyder2 said:
Its all about requirement.U have to decide which is more necessary to u.Some say PSU & some say Graphics card.

In 7K u can have the best of the best PSU.I suggest THERMALTAKE or ANTEC,or if u can find OCZ or CORSAIR,these are few of the best PSU available in the market.

Do u expect a DX10(a good one,which can run without a problem in maxed out the settings)card in 7K?

If yes i suggest go for Card,if power isn't a problem!
dude he said PS2

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

^^^ohh...my bad.
Anyways....r u Serious! I'de rather go for PSP if it comes to console.
Don't but PS2,u can run almost every game on PC Emulator.THe web is filled with these emulators.......tried once,worked fine.