Graphics Cards related queries here.

dinakaran

Broken In
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Hi!
I have a plan to buy graphics card 7300GT 512mb DDR2 memory. How is this performance (Games,Apps)...........

samanvya_ad

Broken In

deathvirus_me said:
Well , 8600GT's are just around the corner .. and should be priced around 12k's .. and performing like the 7900GS .. so i'd say - WAIT ..

thanks but i guess they wont be priced at around 12k because when 6600Gt or 7600GT etc were launched they were way higher than 12k...

secondly if we get shipped a card from US then will it work here with us(its just a doubt cos many US DVDs dont work on Indian Players) because i ahve a friend going to US and i have told him to get one 512 MB 7900GS XFX extreme which is priced at 199$ there..... so thats pretty cheap......

instead of getting 7300 GT with 512 MB try ur hands on something like 7600GS with 256 MB .... price difference will not be much but performance difference will be much....

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

samanvya_ad said:
thanks but i guess they wont be priced at around 12k because when 6600Gt or 7600GT etc were launched they were way higher than 12k...

secondly if we get shipped a card from US then will it work here with us(its just a doubt cos many US DVDs dont work on Indian Players) because i ahve a friend going to US and i have told him to get one 512 MB 7900GS XFX extreme which is priced at 199$ there..... so thats pretty cheap......

instead of getting 7300 GT with 512 MB try ur hands on something like 7600GS with 256 MB .... price difference will not be much but performance difference will be much....

Well , they should be priced around 150 USD .. so that pretty much comes to something around 12k's ...

samanvya_ad

Broken In

i tried Vista RC1 on my comp.... n almost all new games...
they run fine on 6600 GT...

we cant just say that a newer tech is going to come so wait... that way i will never ever be able to buy something...
and as far as i think getting something shipped from US is difficult for normal ppl....
n when 6600GT n 7600 GT were launched they were sub 250$ cards not 150$ cards...

n pls tell if i get a card shipped then will it work fine here in India and what abt the warranty....
cos i m nt that rich and i save my pocket money to buy tech stuff....
so cant risk my money ...
PLease

george101

Good Boy

I want to buy a new graphics card but my mobo supports only agp cards. can someone post the price of all agp cards from nvidia and ati in Rupees. it will be very useful. thanks

goobimama

 Macboy

I've got a 7900GT but no power connector. Can someone please arrange for one and charge me hell for it?

The 8600GTS will be priced betweed 15K and 20K when it comes out but after 2 or 3 months , it will go down to around 15K or maybe evn less..........and this is the best sol. we can get.

Last edited:

aneesh kalra

Mclaren F1 Long tail

I recently purchased a zebronics nvidia 6200 agp 256 mb card but since then my computer has started restarting after an interval of 2-3 hours during normal web usage and not gaming. I have also heard after purchasing this card that the 6200 overheats however mine shows a temperature of 48 and the shutdown threshold of 145 is this causing the problem.My psu is rated at 300 w and is maufactured by some adcom. Surprisingly the nvidia drivers which were provided with the card were not xp sp2 compliant.So I installed the 93.71 version of the nvidia drivers provided alongwith the Dec 2006 cd of digit.The following is a screenshot of the windows error message I get.
URL=*img461.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aksao1.jpg]
*img461.imageshack.us/img461/6913/aksao1.th.jpg[/URL]

Last edited:

quasimodo1

Right off the assembly line
Re:GFX 5500 + Asrock P4VM800 = Compatible?

Hello, Newbie here,
I hope I am doing this right... I have ASRock P4VM800 Motherboard with an intergrated graphics (Chipset VIA S3G Unichrome Pro IGP) Intel P4 CPU and 1 Gb Memory.

I wanted to get ready for "Microsoft Vista" So I got this board from Ebay.
: inno3D FX-5500-AGP-DVI-TV-256MB.

I have downloaded and updated my chipset from Via with both hyperion and 4 in 1, plus I have tried disabling the chipset from the device manager. I then put in the graphics card and boot up. It boots up but I get a completely blank screen! It is as if the AGP card has stopped all signals to the monitor.
I have also tried with both types of updated chipsets all to no avail.
What I would really like please is some advice on how to disable my onboard grahics and enabling my graphics card to work. Any help would be gratefully appreciated! Thank you for reading this. Sincerely, Mike T :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............

quasimodo1 dude no one is blind here, there's no need for big bold fonts.

quasimodo1

I apologise for the big fonts. Any suggestions regarding installing the GFX5500? Mike T

mayurpam

Broken In

even i am facing similar kind of prob i have xfx 5200 i year old ,it was runnig fine till now but since a month whenever i m playing pes6 or watching video in full screen the pc freezes and hangs after hitting ctrl+alt+del only the monitor get off and keep on switching off and on in interval of time i removed the card and fixed it back also uninstalled the driver and rolled back to older one it was running fine but after a 2 to 3 day same problem occured (please help me )

raskal00

Its a decent card with good capabilities
It did fine on my friends comp (7300GT 256MB) running FEAR in 1024X768 with little tweaking on the advanced tab:D

Its a nice card but if u want a little more bang for buck , i suggest u get 7600 GS

Well if u want a quick and cheap fix till the 8 series arrives, this is the card to go for

raskal

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3

I have a comp with 256mb ran and a 845 mobo . I Want to play good games on it which graphics case should i in for . Have a budget of 6k

mayurpam

Broken In

even i am facing similar kind of prob i have xfx 5200 i year old ,it was runnig fine till now but since a month whenever i m playing pes6 or watching video in full screen the pc freezes and hangs after hitting ctrl+alt+del only the monitor get off and keep on switching off and on in interval of time i removed the card and fixed it back also uninstalled the driver and rolled back to older one it was running fine but after a 2 to 3 day same problem occured (please help me

soumya

In the zone

i have a problem with my graphics card (fx 5200)...after running for abt 5 mins itz getting too hot and the display is going blank.

Last edited:

hey , try to get some heat off ur graphics card by using a blow dryer or u can try to underclock it if its pissing u off ................ alright .

Top Bottom