Graphics Cards related queries here.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
ok, talking about the most important minimum metric from video I posted:

1) Overwatch; GT 1030= 40 fps 750ti = 48 fps
2) GTA V; GT 1030 = 32 fps 750ti = 27 fps
3) DOTA 2; GT 1030 = 50 fps 750ti = 48 fps
4) Hitman; GT 1030 = 28 fps (1% low) and 26 fps (0.1% low) 750ti = 25 fps and 22 fps respectively.
5) CSGO; GT 1030 = 100 fps 750ti = 97 fps

I don't think any of the 750ti's performance numbers are 25% above GT 1030. Even worse, the 750ti's minimum are lower than GT 1030's in 4 out of 5 games.
The average of 750ti is marginally better than GT 1030 though, but it doesn't matter because the frames are anyways above 40-50 per second.

It would be a foolish decision to buy a used 750ti over new GT 1030.

Not the absolute minimum. The absolute minimum are highly prone to error. Talking about 1% and 0.1%. Hitman should have been tested with DX11 since Nvidia gets more fps in DX11, big mistake there.
e.g. Overwatch 0.1% is 42(1030) and 59(750 Ti)

But i agree that second hand 750 Ti isn't worth 6.5K over a new 6K GT 1030 especially considering the efficiency. Should be less than 5K.

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
No, not RYZEN. Your Rig2 PSU will be good enough, just not the CPU - Athlon. I guess you gonna pair your PSU with this new RYZEN. :thumbs: It will do fine.
Oh! You gave me a scare ! :hyper:Whew! Yeah I have ordered Ryzen 5 1600X from Amazon.in. The order has already reached Bangalore. I shall get it tomorrow. Changed the Athlon platform to Ryzen. Already received the Motherboard and 16GB DDR4 3000MHz RAM. Waiting for the CPU now.

Reactions: nac

quicky008

Technomancer
I've observed that there are 2 versions of the zotac gtx 750ti 2gb ddr5-one of them has a transparent orange colored fan(which is more widely available) and the other has a slightly opaque orange colored fan(somewhat less commonly found)-is there any difference between the 2 or are they identical in terms of features and performance?(photos of the 2 cards are attached below)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 135
  • dsc-0660-1.JPG
    dsc-0660-1.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 116

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
I've observed that there are 2 versions of the zotac gtx 750ti 2gb ddr5-one of them has a transparent orange colored fan(which is more widely available) and the other has a slightly opaque orange colored fan(somewhat less commonly found)-is there any difference between the 2 or are they identical in terms of features and performance?(photos of the 2 cards are attached below)

You can check on Zotac's website:
Graphics Cards | ZOTAC

quicky008

Technomancer
Already done that but the models that are listed at zotac's website are the ones that are equipped with a transparent fan-i couldn't find any info concerning the variant of 750ti that comes with the translucent orange fan.

Vickyrealcool

Broken In
hi friends,
Recently my used sapphire 1 GB 7770 died and I need a new graphics card. I was fully satisfied with the 7770 performance.
my budget is 8k.
kindly suggest some card equivalent/higher performance than 7770 if possible in this budget.
I mostly play GTA 5 and battlefield series.
my pc details:: AMD 960T, Asus M5A88M, 4+4 corsair value 1333, corsair cx430V2, 500+2TB hard disc, benq G2220HD

thanks

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Already done that but the models that are listed at zotac's website are the ones that are equipped with a transparent fan-i couldn't find any info concerning the variant of 750ti that comes with the translucent orange fan.

You need to get the model no(like ZT-70605-10H) of it, not how it looks.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
hi friends,
Recently my used sapphire 1 GB 7770 died and I need a new graphics card. I was fully satisfied with the 7770 performance.
my budget is 8k.
kindly suggest some card equivalent/higher performance than 7770 if possible in this budget.
I mostly play GTA 5 and battlefield series.
my pc details:: AMD 960T, Asus M5A88M, 4+4 corsair value 1333, corsair cx430V2, 500+2TB hard disc, benq G2220HD

thanks
Try to increase budget and get a GTX 1050ti 4GB version.

quicky008

Technomancer
yeah,but the thing is i am more interested in the model that comes with a translucent type fan,but i couldn't locate it at zotac's website and so I wasn't able to find its model no. either.

quicky008

Technomancer
^try getting a rx 460 if you can afford it,it costs only about 1k more than rx 550 and performs a lot better in demanding games-otherwise you may try looking for an used 750ti in sites like olx/quickr etc-although somewhat old,its still a very capable gpu and will suffice for your needs perfectly,you can get one for about 5-6k in the used peripherals market nowadays.

Don't invest your money in Rx550-it will be a complete waste as Rx 550 is not meant for intensive gaming.

quicky008

Technomancer
Will a gtx 750ti work without any issues on older motherboards having pci-e 1.1/1.0 slots?Is having a pcie 2.0 or higher slot an absolute must for a card like that to work properly?

quicky008

Technomancer
^ok,thanks a lot for the info-do gpu manufacturers like Zotac provide warranty for products that are purchased from sites like snapdeal and FK?I'm interested in buying an used gpu from a friend,who in turn bought it from snapdeal about a year ago.In the invoice provided by snapdeal there's only the invoice no,date of purchase,item name,item code,order no and suborder no-however it makes no mention of the serial no of the gpu anywhere in there.Also in the invoice it isn't explicitly stated that the item was bought from snapdeal-it only contains the name of the dealer who sold the gpu(someone by the name of Iblue solutions,based in Maharashtra)-will such an invoice be considered valid by Zotac's service center if i ever need to RMA the card in future?Is there any possibility that their service centers may refuse to honor any warranty claims as it was bought online?

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
^^ Very high chances that they won't consider the bill valid. S/N must be on the bill. Also, the Zotac warranty policy says that they don't provide any warranty on second hand products. Well, that shouldn't be a major point because most likely they won't come to know that its second hand.

ZOTAC | Push The Limit

Before buying, I think you should contact the customer care and tell them that you want to claim warranty for the card but your invoice doesn't have the serial no. on it. That would make things clear.
Also, please note that extended warranty (3 years after initial 2 year warranty) is given only in certain cases (like registering the product within 28 days of original purchase date on their support site). So, your friend's card might be having only 2 years of warranty instead of 5 years.

Top Bottom