Graphics Cards related queries here.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^ his full config? including psu make and model?

Right. Never asked :(

Will ask the whole details and create a proper thread along with the template.

But, you know, we the people in this tech world understands this bottleneck and other terms and the necessity for these information which helps us to make a good purchase. But in reality, people doesn't understands all these, even after explaining them so. They will just say, c'mon yaar, for one suggestion you are troubling me. They don't even know what processor, psu etc. they have. Probably, they go to a computer shop, and ask for a 20k or 30k PC. That's what all they know. When you ask them, they will just say I have Intel Proccy, Intel Mobo, 2GB DDR3 RAM etc. Which model or whatsoever, they don't bother about or doesn't even have any idea.

This friend of mine, is kinda one of these. Just asked I have 15k which GPU would be best for me. Though I'm sure he has no idea about PSU model or make.

Anyway, I'll try to gather as much information as possible :)

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
One of my friend is looking for a Graphics card. His budget is around 15k. He asked me, but I don't have any idea about all these :(

So if you guys could help. Oh yeah, he wants to stick to NVIDIA only.

Buy Zotac Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 Graphic Card Online at Low Price in India | Zotac Product Reviews & Ratings - Junglee.com

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buy Zotac Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 Graphic Card Online at Low Price in India | Zotac Product Reviews & Ratings - Junglee.com

and how much will be the shipping and import fee ? Also there won't be any local warranty.

Currently only cards available at around 15k is either R9 270 or the 270x but still we need to know the details of the rig and psu?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Right. Never asked :(

Will ask the whole details and create a proper thread along with the template.

But, you know, we the people in this tech world understands this bottleneck and other terms and the necessity for these information which helps us to make a good purchase. But in reality, people doesn't understands all these, even after explaining them so. They will just say, c'mon yaar, for one suggestion you are troubling me. They don't even know what processor, psu etc. they have. Probably, they go to a computer shop, and ask for a 20k or 30k PC. That's what all they know. When you ask them, they will just say I have Intel Proccy, Intel Mobo, 2GB DDR3 RAM etc. Which model or whatsoever, they don't bother about or doesn't even have any idea.

This friend of mine, is kinda one of these. Just asked I have 15k which GPU would be best for me. Though I'm sure he has no idea about PSU model or make.

Anyway, I'll try to gather as much information as possible :)

yep. i know. i was one among them few years back ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, I'll just pass the information :)

remember 760 needs a good psu. i am almost certain that he will be having a local psu. in that case, if 15k is the max budget get antec vp550p and r9 270. probably his cpu might bottleneck gpu too...

ravi847

Journeyman
should I go ahead and install the 14.7 beta driver for my gpu(in sig).
Is anyone using it?
does it have any issues with this card??

ravi847

Journeyman
well..I had to rollback to 14.4 because one time the screen went blank after about an hour of gaming and the monitor displayed an error saying hdmi cable connected but no signal detected and another time the screen was flickering at windows startup.

- - - Updated - - -

Also guys should I upgrade from my current gpu to GTX 970 in future.
How much will a non-reference 970 cost?? --30k??
those benchmarks really blew my mind:hyper:

tkin

Back to school!!
well..I had to rollback to 14.4 because one time the screen went blank after about an hour of gaming and the monitor displayed an error saying hdmi cable connected but no signal detected and another time the screen was flickering at windows startup.

- - - Updated - - -

Also guys should I upgrade from my current gpu to GTX 970 in future.
How much will a non-reference 970 cost?? --30k??
those benchmarks really blew my mind:hyper:
30k for 970 takes away the performance upgrade over 280x, 25k is overshoot but can be mildly justified, 30k for 970 blows it out of the water, its no longer vfm.

Top Bottom