Graphics Cards related queries here.

Flash

Lost in speed
Minimum required power supply for 6670/7750 is 400-450W.
I dont think a 250W can handle it. Though if does, it will damage/blow your PC someday.

Flash

Lost in speed
Okay thanks.
I'm getting HD 7750 for 6.1k is it worth extra 500bucks?

Definitely better than 6670, as it belongs to the next gen.
See it for yourself @ AnandTech - Bench - GPU12

And what about this?
ZOTAC GeForce® GTS 450 - TechXtreme.in

Please reply I' have to buy it soon.

Just compare with Anandtech's GPU bench i shared above.
I'm using AMD HD6670, so i cant say much about GTS450; All i knew is 450 is better than 6670!

Wait for the answer from nvidiaboys for more info on 450!

This will surely clear PSU doubt of using 250W;
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/104472-basic-guide-right-power-supply.html

rohit32407

Ambassador of Buzz
I have just one little query. I heard that AMD is dropping their prices further. Is it going to happen soon or will it take time to come to india?

nickreynold

Journeyman
Hello friends,

After a lots of discussion and helping from friends like you here, I purchased the Corsair CX430V2 for my yet to be built new PC. Since it is not available locally, I had to ask my brother to bring it from Neheru place, new delhi and he purchased it today's evening. I asked him to look for VS 450 and CX430 V2 models as these models were suggested in mu budget. The prices were Rs 2050 and Rs 2350 respectively plus 5% service tax. I choose the later and asked him to see whether its V2 model or not. The shopkeeper told him its the V2 model and i asked him to see the sticker on the power supply which he said is written as- Builder series V2. The item was seal packed but when my brother told that he will be taking it outside delhi, the person tested the power supply by running it. It cost me Rs 2500( 2350 plus 5% tax plus 2% for card swipe). He will be bringing it to Bhubaneswar on 19th. So, now i have to decide which graphics card to buy. My choices are-

1) HD 6670 most probably

2) HD 6770 may be

3) HD 7750 not sure

4) GTS 450 not sure

I am not a avid gamer so I think 1 or 2 would be suffice for my causal gaming needs. But I see if there is not much price difference between these cards( lets say 500-1000) I may switch to 3 or 4. But the problem is whether my power supply will be able to handle it or not. I took the PSU test at MSI and Coolermaster website and the results are below-

My config-

i3 2nd generation 2120

4/8 GB DDR3 Ram( I tested for 2 sticks i.e 8GB)

500GB sata HDD

20 inch LED monitor(i ball/Samsung/Dell)

USB 2.0 1 TB HDD( earlier used to back up data as my old HDD was only 40 GB but now i may not need it regularly as i used earlier but still i checked for this too. Luckily I got it for RS 3500 as the stocks were not selling but after i bought due to the shortage of HDD, the same were sold for Rs 5500. This needed both USB cable to transfer and additional power via adapter. Brand Buffalo. Now it has became slow and sent for repairs costing me all my data loss but after 1 yr of rigorous use )

USB DVD RW Buffalo which i wont be using as i will have internal DVD RW from Asus.

I don't know the CPU code as stated in MSI website for testing but lets say these are the results(in watts)-minimum

HD 6670- MSI- N/A Coolermaster-263

HD 6770- MSI- N/A Coolermaster-298

HD 7750- MSI-N/A Coolermaster-265 it consumes less power which surprises me

GTS 450- MSI-N/A Coolermaster- 309

N/A- non avaliability of code for i3 2nd generation 2120 processor
I am hearing that ATI may cut prices so I may wait for few days but I want to decide before hand so that I can buy at that time. I inquired about the prices of HD series and the person at abacus peripherals who is the dealer and service provider here said the only one card is here which is Powercolor HD 7770 priced at Rs 9000(after inquiring that whether i am a shop owner or individual) which is I think out of my budget and needs. I have to search other shops too and talk to my dealer also if he can get me one. otherwise i will go online and prices at filpkart or ebay are-

HD 6670- Rs 6000-6500

HD 6770- Rs 7200-7500

HD 7750- Rs 8200-8500

GTS- Rs 8200-Rs 8500

Please let me know the cards best for me in value, power consumption and performance starting from the lowest. A big thanks to all.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Gts450<hd6670<hd6770<hd7750

This stands true for all parameters except fact that price wise HD6770 is best & VFM product but is power hungry too

nickreynold

Journeyman
Okay thanks.
I'm getting HD 7750 for 6.1k is it worth extra 500bucks?

Please tell me the place. Whether its online or some shop. Its 1 GB DDR5 or DDR3? Thanks

lolwat ?!!

This is right !

@rickreynold
Don't ask at different threads. 1 place is enough

Sorry for that hitesh. I was just informing them about the power supply i bought and this message was integrated. but I can not understand the the advice really. I am sorry for that. What i deduce from the second explanation for performance wise which given by Nighthawk and seems to be correct-

HD 6770 better than HD 7750 better than GTS 450 better than HD 6670

Otherwise performance basis it can said that-

1- HD 6770

2- HD 7750

3- HD GTS 450

4- HD 6670

So, tell me if I choose for HD 6770 will it run on my power supply Corsair CX 430 V2. Or should I opt other options like lets say HD 7750 or GTS 450 which may run on my power supply.

Nighthawk12

In the zone
Please tell me the place. Whether its online or some shop. Its 1 GB DDR5 or DDR3? Thanks

Sorry for that hitesh. I was just informing them about the power supply i bought and this message was integrated. but I can not understand the the advice really. I am sorry for that. What i deduce from the second explanation for performance wise which given by Nighthawk and seems to be correct-

HD 6770 better than HD 7750 better than GTS 450 better than HD 6670

Otherwise performance basis it can said that-

1- HD 6770

2- HD 7750

3- HD GTS 450

4- HD 6670

So, tell me if I choose for HD 6770 will it run on my power supply Corsair CX 430 V2. Or should I opt other options like lets say HD 7750 or GTS 450 which may run on my power supply.

HD 7750 local shop its 6.1k and HD 7770 is 7.5k both are 1gb ddr5

sptutusukanta

Right off the assembly line
Best Nvidia Graphics Card for Intel DG35EC within range of 3-5K

I was using Zotak Nvidia 9400GT 1GB Graphics Card which is now out of order. So, I need to buy a new one within a budget of 3-5K.
Please give me a good idea to configure my power supply related to any graphics card you suggest.

My aspiration is to have 2GB DDR3 Memory in it with a good clock speed so that I can play recent Windows Games of DirectX11 & work on 3Ds Max and Maya without any hesitation.

nickreynold

Journeyman
HD 7750 local shop its 6.1k and HD 7770 is 7.5k both are 1gb ddr5

Thanks but i want to know the name of the city please where you are mentioning this price and name of the shops if possible. Thanks again.

I was using Zotak Nvidia 9400GT 1GB Graphics Card which is now out of order. So, I need to buy a new one within a budget of 3-5K.
Please give me a good idea to configure my power supply related to any graphics card you suggest.

My aspiration is to have 2GB DDR3 Memory in it with a good clock speed so that I can play recent Windows Games of DirectX11 & work on 3Ds Max and Maya without any hesitation.

I was looking exactly for what you want until I decided to shift for 1 GB DDR5 because they are future proof and also on 128 bit architecture. But if you insist on 2 GB DDR3 memory then I think one card which i remember is also 2 GD DDR3 and 128 bit architecture. its GT 630. I may be wrong.

*www.ebay.in/itm/ASUS-GeForce-GT-63...tDomain_203&hash=item2a23f62dd5#ht_3047wt_872

You can also see Zotac version which is priced less.

*www.ebay.in/itm/Zotac-NVIDIA-GeFor...tDomain_203&hash=item257656e131#ht_2826wt_648

I am no expert on performance. Others may tell about that. i am just suggesting you a card. As per power supply you have not mentioned which one you have. But if you do not have, then get some branded power supply from Corsair, Cooler Master, Antec, Seasonic etc and I think 450 watt would be enough.

Last edited:

nickreynold

Journeyman
Nehru Place New Delhi.
Thanks. I will see what the local prices are.My brother has just bought me the Corsair power supply and also financing for my new pc through his credit card. So i can not burden him for another graphics card. I think i will wait for sometime. When he again comes to home, then i may ask him to buy one for me from Neheru place New Delhi. But if the price difference here is some Rs 500 then i might buy here. By the way what brand you mentioned the price-
ATI, Asus, Sapphire,Powercolor,HIS etc. and any particular good shop you recommend with good service.Thanks a lot again.

Top Bottom