Graphics Cards related queries here.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
For 30k range go for Zotac GTX670 amp!
( this card is awkwardly wide so beware if your cabby is wide enough. Also be informed that graphic card has no relation with ram slots & none of RAM slot will be blocked)

For greater budget get an asus Direct CUII top that costs around 40k

Last edited:

nickreynold

Journeyman
Hello friends,
I want to build a pc but my budget is very limited.Here are the specifications i have done. Since i stay in bhubaneswar, my choices are very limited.

Intel i3 second generation-2100 processor Rs 7000

Asus PH61 motherboard Rs 2900

4GB DDR3 memory Rs 1300

500GB sata HDD- Rs 3650

20 inch LED monitor- i ball/Samsung/Dell(not decided yet what to buy. Suggesstion is i ball Rs 6300

I want to add a graphics card to my system but according to my budget(I just want to play casual games like MOHAA PA or Airborne, Mafia-I and II, Hitman Contracts, NOLF2 etc.) the cards the vendor suggested 1GB DDR3 which would come around Rs 2300 and 2GB DDR3 would be around Rs 3200. The suggested brand would be nvidia(Most probably Asus made or may be Zotac but not sure about second because Asus is flooding the market here). Can you suggest which model to buy and if I go for DDR5, what would be the price range and model? I have decided to buy the 2GB DDR3 and i think the model is GT520 or may be GT610 with a little bit more price. The brand here is Asus.Thanks for you support. I want to get my new pc on the occasion of Dushera.

P:S:-Deciding to get 2GB DDR3 at Rs 3200 Graphics card but they all are 64 bit but this thread here suggested to avoid. Rather than if i go 1 GB DDR3 128 bit it comes around Rs 5000(GT 630). But I think its better if I go at 1 GB DDR5(not GDDR5 though) which comes around some 1000 more. ATI HD 6670 which i think is better than DDR3 and enough to satisfy my small gaming quest. Please suggest any other card of same configuration i.e. 1 GB DDR5 with model number, brand name and price if possible. (Asus is present here in this market and also seen ATI cards too but they are suggesting Asus. So, tell me about the various Asus model in that range and(Rs 7000 my budget or less). One of my known has GTS 450 1 GB DDR5 from Asus. The HD 6670 model i saw online at Ebay is of sapphire. Is it a problem if i choose HD 6670 for my need mentioned above instead of nvidia in case of performance as the warranty is 3 years both. The problem i may face is the after sales service because I think Asus has its service center in bhubaneswar and nvidia is serviced by Rashi Peripherials(I think these two are one) but do not know about ATI service center in bhubaneswar. Please guide me. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

april

Broken In
can i buy a Forsa NVIDIA GeForce GT520 2 GB DDR3 Graphics Card-3k for a Intel DH61WW Motherboard?

Last edited:

Nighthawk12

In the zone
Hey guys please suggest me, My friend wants to buy a graphics card for playing games like Call of Duty MW3 multiplayer, SKyrim, Borderlands 2, BF3 and Resident Evil 6 at resolution of 1280X720 my monitor doesn't support any more higher resolution .He had Nvidia geforce 9400Gt before..but its too old now and most of games lags even at low settings.
Budget is 5k approx.
Please help

His PC specs are
Intel Pentium Dual core Cpu
2gb Ram
9400GT 1gb

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
:offtopic:

Hello friends,
I want to build a pc but my budget is very limited.Here are the specifications i have done. Since i stay in bhubaneswar, my choices are very limited.

Intel i3 second generation-2100 processor Rs 7000

Asus PH61 motherboard Rs 2900

4GB DDR3 memory Rs 1300

500GB sata HDD- Rs 3650

20 inch LED monitor- i ball/Samsung/Dell(not decided yet what to buy. Suggesstion is i ball Rs 6300

I want to add a graphics card to my system but according to my budget(I just want to play casual games like MOHAA PA or Airborne, Mafia-I and II, Hitman Contracts, NOLF2 etc.) the cards the vendor suggested 1GB DDR3 which would come around Rs 2300 and 2GB DDR3 would be around Rs 3200. The suggested brand would be nvidia(Most probably Asus made or may be Zotac but not sure about second because Asus is flooding the market here). Can you suggest which model to buy and if I go for DDR5, what would be the price range and model? I have decided to buy the 2GB DDR3 and i think the model is GT520 or may be GT610 with a little bit more price. The brand here is Asus.Thanks for you support. I want to get my new pc on the occasion of Dushera.

P:S:-Deciding to get 2GB DDR3 at Rs 3200 Graphics card but they all are 64 bit but this thread here suggested to avoid. Rather than if i go 1 GB DDR3 128 bit it comes around Rs 5000(GT 630). But I think its better if I go at 1 GB DDR5(not GDDR5 though) which comes around some 1000 more. ATI HD 6670 which i think is better than DDR3 and enough to satisfy my small gaming quest. Please suggest any other card of same configuration i.e. 1 GB DDR5 with model number, brand name and price if possible. (Asus is present here in this market and also seen ATI cards too but they are suggesting Asus. So, tell me about the various Asus model in that range and(Rs 7000 my budget or less). One of my known has GTS 450 1 GB DDR5 from Asus. The HD 6670 model i saw online at Ebay is of sapphire. Is it a problem if i choose HD 6670 for my need mentioned above instead of nvidia in case of performance as the warranty is 3 years both. The problem i may face is the after sales service because I think Asus has its service center in bhubaneswar and nvidia is serviced by Rashi Peripherials(I think these two are one) but do not know about ATI service center in bhubaneswar. Please guide me. Thanks a lot.

why do you want to buy an iBall monitor :-o ???

get DELL/SAMSUNG/AOC

Flash

Lost in speed
Please look at my post and suggest what should i buy? HD 6670(prefering) or GTS 450. Thanks. I think Asus supplies both brands.

Performance-wise, GTS450-DDR5 (@7-8k) beats HD6670-DDR5(@5-6k) in all the comparisons!
AnandTech - Bench - GPU12

But, if you look for budget-gaming card at 1280x720 resolutions as a gamer asked above, then 6670 is a best option.
Dont get fooled by the 2GB DDR3 kind of stuffs!

As gamers always say, 1GB DDR5 is always better than 2GB DDR3.
Sapphire is the most-fav brand of radeon cards, but they provide 2-year warranty.
Unless you overclock your GPU, you dont have to worry about it much!

nickreynold

Journeyman
Performance-wise, GTS450-DDR5 (@7-8k) beats HD6670-DDR5(@5-6k) in all the comparisons!
AnandTech - Bench - GPU12

But, if you look for budget-gaming card at 1280x720 resolutions as a gamer asked above, then 6670 is a best option.
Dont get fooled by the 2GB DDR3 kind of stuffs!

As gamers always say, 1GB DDR5 is always better than 2GB DDR3.
Sapphire is the most-fav brand of radeon cards, but they provide 2-year warranty.
Unless you overclock your GPU, you dont have to worry about it much!

Thanks a lot for answering question. I am not much into gaming but want to play some casual games like Medal of honor pacific assault, Airborne, Mafia-II if possible, NOLF2, Hitman-3 or contracts because these games wont run on my old pc due to lack of graphics card. The resolution you suggested is ok for me. I have been playing games in 800*600 in my old CRT 15 inch monitor. So, i think according to you HD 6670 is fine for me but if i can spend much, i can get better GTS450. I don't know whether sapphire brand is avaliable in bhubaneswar market or not but i have seen HD 6670(Red black box like original ATI) or something like that in the market. Asus has been flooding the market may be they have this model which provides 3 yr warranty and it will be easy to find here. So i think at my configuration your choice is HD 6670 surely can run some games well. I have decided to go for quality PSU rather than the cheap one and the lowest and good quality which i have decided to buy is Corsair VS450 after reading about the cheap PSU problems in a thread in this forum and as advised by some of the members due to my tight budget(Max Rs2500). I think at my configuration and graphics card HD 6670 or GTS 450(for a sake lets say HD 6670 which i dont know i had some liking) the above mentioned PSU is OK.( Corsair has service center here which is a relief and i have also talked with my brother who lives in New Delhi about buying me one if I can not find it locally. He earlier has bought me some items from Neheru Place market in New Delhi(DDR 1 GB Ram for my old pc, Pen drives, Broadband modem D-link etc.) and I hope he will be able to find a shop there which sells Corsair VS450. Thanks a lot again.

d3p

PowerHouse
Is it worth buying another Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC [345 Euros] ? or upgrade to Water Cooling worth [250 euros] ?

Any Suggestions ??

Last edited:

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
1gb dr3 or 1gb ddr5 need help please?
Plus one more thing will I able to play Max Payne 3 at high settings at 720p? 1280X720

DDR5 over DDR3 anytime.
Yep,@720P that card can handle easily.
BTW,what's ur max budget for video card ?
U can consider HD6770 which gonna be more future proof I guess.
And ATI may cut price soon.
Heard some new but not sure about price in India.

Nighthawk12

In the zone
DDR5 over DDR3 anytime.
Yep,@720P that card can handle easily.
BTW,what's ur max budget for video card ?
U can consider HD6770 which gonna be more future proof I guess.
And ATI may cut price soon.
Heard some new but not sure about price in India.

5.5k max.
6750 you mean?It out of my budget its over 6.5k

Flash

Lost in speed
5.5k max.
6750 you mean?It out of my budget its over 6.5k

This may help you.
GDDR5 performs well than DDR3, as it belongs to the latest(5th) generation cards.

1. First and foremost
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR5 PCI-E | eBay

You can buy the above from eBay at 5690/- (actual 6054/-) , if you use some coupon-based checkout (like ICICIFNB12)!

2. Next option is
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5670 1GB DDR5 Sapphire HD 5670 ATI 1 GB DDR5 Graphics Card | eBay
With coupon, you can buy this one for 5511/-, against the actual price of 5863/-

Top Bottom