Graphics Cards related queries here.

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
hey guys!
my monitor 's native resolution is 1280*1024....will game at this resolution and with high settings only( suffered enough with a 9400gt)
need a good gpu within 10 to 12k...
shortlisted-----7770's
---- 6870's
---- 560's
please suggest any other!!!!
cheerio....

Last edited:

nickreynold

Journeyman
:offtopic:

why do you want to buy an iBall monitor :-o ???

get DELL/SAMSUNG/AOC

The i ball monitors have integrated speakers and are also cheaper than Samsung or Dell. But I have not decided to buy it yet. The warranty is same 3 yrs but the dealer said it would be carry in not on site as Samsung. Samsung- Rs 6500. i ball- Rs 6300

Performance-wise, GTS450-DDR5 (@7-8k) beats HD6670-DDR5(@5-6k) in all the comparisons!
AnandTech - Bench - GPU12

But, if you look for budget-gaming card at 1280x720 resolutions as a gamer asked above, then 6670 is a best option.
Dont get fooled by the 2GB DDR3 kind of stuffs!

As gamers always say, 1GB DDR5 is always better than 2GB DDR3.
Sapphire is the most-fav brand of radeon cards, but they provide 2-year warranty.
Unless you overclock your GPU, you dont have to worry about it much!

I do not want to overclock it. I do not see any need for it. Everything is designed to operate in a certain way and it should remain so. That what i think. Alteration may cause problems which i do not want. I am new at this graphics card thing and i want it to run smoothly. Thanks for the warning.

DDR5 over DDR3 anytime.
Yep,@720P that card can handle easily.
BTW,what's ur max budget for video card ?
U can consider HD6770 which gonna be more future proof I guess.
And ATI may cut price soon.
Heard some new but not sure about price in India.

Is it true? Then I might wait for few days. Actually i am going to buy my new PC in Dushera as my brother will home and he will be paying for it. But I do not want to over burden him by asking him to add a graphics card too. He is also bringing me the Corasair VS 450 model from New Delhi. So, as i will be paying for the graphics card and i have decided on HD 6670(Although i am not sure to get ATI or Sapphire brand so i have to settle for Asus) depending on my specifications stated above and it would be best for my needs and budget too as recommended by some members here, i might want to wait for a month or two. The problem normally happens with me that when i plan everything in advance, it never happens as something comes in between. Secondly once a PC is purchased, whatever there is there and i can not add a new thing which is another typical thing happening to me. But lets see how much time ATI takes for the price cut news.

P:S: I have decided the i3 2nd generation 2120 for my PC in my budget. Should i keep it or go for old Quad core? Thanks

Nighthawk12

In the zone
Better get quad core processor than dual core i.e i3.
Get AMD X4 955BE or 965BE if they are available.

How is this grphic card *www.flipkart.com/gainward-nvidia-1gb-ddr3-gts450-1-gb-graphics-card/p/itmddsy9e2psbcgr?pid=GRCDDRZZSFKTBHDY&ref=f302a890-e1e8-465d-87b9-93c501524b64&srno=s_6&otracker=from-search

Is it s good as 6670?

Flash

Lost in speed
Better get quad core processor than dual core i.e i3.
Get AMD X4 955BE or 965BE if they are available.

How is this grphic card Gainward NVIDIA 1GB DDR3 GTS450 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

Is it s good as 6670?

GTS450 is better than 6670!
Are you going for DDR3?

I'm not familiar with Gainward brand. Anyone?

5.5k max.
6750 you mean?It out of my budget its over 6.5k

If 5.5k is the max, you can add an extra +190 to buy HD6670 GDDR5 version.

Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR5 PCI-E | eBay

You can buy the above from eBay at 5690/- (actual 6054/-) , if you use some coupon-based checkout (like ICICIFNB12)!

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
Either 6870 or 560.
benchmarks show 560 slightly better...

Are not those overkill @1280x1024 ?

Err, to some extent. Also OP should mention his system spec and SMPS.
will upgrade to i3 2100 with a sub 500 w smps.
will i3 be good enough?? its better than any of the amd 's chips...Gaming CPU Hierarchy Chart : Best Gaming CPUs For The Money: September 2012

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
benchmarks show 560 slightly better...

Not really, they are exact equal to say the least (individual benchmark notwithstanding)

will upgrade to i3 2100 with a sub 500 w smps.
will i3 be good enough?? its better than any of the amd 's chips...Gaming CPU Hierarchy Chart : Best Gaming CPUs For The Money: September 2012

Yeah, it will be good enough. Get Corsair GS600 for SMPS.

nickreynold

Journeyman
GTS450 is better than 6670!
Are you going for DDR3?

I'm not familiar with Gainward brand. Anyone?

If 5.5k is the max, you can add an extra +190 to buy HD6670 GDDR5 version.

I can lets say put 6 to 6.5k for graphics card. I although decided to go for HD 6670 ad suggested by you depending upon my configuration and specially power supply(Suggested to me is Corasair VS 450 as my budget is Rs 2500. But is CX 430 V2 is better but its 430 watts. Whether CX 430 V2 or VS 450 would be a better choice if i upgrade to HD 6770. Please let me know as quickly as possible as my brother will be arriving from New Delhi and he would make this purchase as told by me on this sat i.e 13/10/2012 and i have to tell him till friday 12/10/2012. What is the difference between DDR5 and GDDR5? is HD 6790 can be handled by Corsair VS 450 or CX 430 V2?

Last edited:

nickreynold

Journeyman
^ DDR5 and GDDR5 are same.
@Others: Isnt it??
Thanks, but will Corsair VS 450 can run HD 6770 because what i see it is Rs500-600 more than HD 6670? I can buy graphics card later but I can't buy another powersupply when this one will be running good? As my budget is limited to Rs 2500 max VS450 was suggested. So should I keep it or switch to CX 430 V2( I dont know whether my brother will find it or not as they are still stocking CX 430) and how will it be better? Thanks again. Please reply if you can as soon as possible as my brother will purchase it form New Delhi as its not available locally. I have to tell him what to buy from VS 450 or CX 430 V2.

Choice of cards-

HD 6670-first

HD 6770-Second

GTS 450-Third

Top Bottom