Graphics Cards related queries here.

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
As of now, Gigabyte GTX 660 is decently priced and should be considered for present. Its performance is at par with HD 7870 in some games.

okay thanks bro..
also one thing.. my present monitor has only a VGA port..
so does the 660/7850 or any present model gpu's support the VGA PORT??
if yes, any performance difference when used against HDMI??

Last edited:

rock2702

Padawan
Planning to get asus gtx 660ti dc2t card from flipkart.Will it fit on gigabyte ga-b75m-d3h mobo and also is seasonic s12ii 520w psu enough for this card?

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Planning to get asus gtx 660ti dc2t card from flipkart.Will it fit on gigabyte ga-b75m-d3h mobo and also is seasonic s12ii 520w psu enough for this card?

Till your MobO has PCIe X16 slot any modren Graphic card will work.
Also mention ur proccessor.....
No problems with PSU.
Pls check other sites you may get cheaper deals.

rock2702

Padawan
Should i go for sapphire hd 7950 oc edition or 7950 vapor x or asus gtx 660ti dc2t?I want to be futureproof for 3 years atleast.Also wat is the difference between 7950 oc vs vapor x considering performance,cooling and noise.Will seasonic s12II 620 w be enough for these cards?

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Should i go for sapphire hd 7950 oc edition or 7950 vapor x or asus gtx 660ti dc2t?I want to be futureproof for 3 years atleast.Also wat is the difference between 7950 oc vs vapor x considering performance,cooling and noise.Will seasonic s12II 620 w be enough for these cards?

AnandTech - Bench - GPU12

It's HD7950 hands down...
Seasonic S12II 620W is more than good enough... ;-)

No idea about those variants though...

AcceleratorX

Youngling
okay thanks bro..
also one thing.. my present monitor has only a VGA port..
so does the 660/7850 or any present model gpu's support the VGA PORT??
if yes, any performance difference when used against HDMI??

Generally brands like Palit, Sparkle, Galaxy (in NVIDIA) and PowerColor, VTX3D (in AMD) sell cards with a VGA port as well as DVI. Otherwise you need to buy a DVI-to-VGA coverter plug. As for VGA vs. DVI. In general VGA quality is less. The signal is digital and converted to analog. If the VGA port is on the card then the graphics card has the DAC and performs the conversion and scaling. Otherwise, if you use a converter, this task is done by the monitor hardware. Generally the graphics card will do a better job than the monitor, but in both cases it won't be as good as DVI. With a good DVI converter plug, a good monitor or a good graphics card the difference is small enough that you will not notice it.

*Applies when comparing to HDMI as well.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Get either of the hd7950s.Both overclock quite well.Vapor x runs cooler than flex edition.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I second that.

What's the price of the vapor-x? And that PSU is enough for the cards you have mentioned.

rock2702

Padawan
Vapor x is 23.5,dual x is 24k,also i read that a seasonic s12ii 520w would be enough for any single gpu,620w is not required.Gtx 660ti outperforms 7950 in few games,so this makes my decision tougher.What do you suggest?

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^Get the hd7950 vapor x.
Mention your complete system specs(Processor and mobo and whether you overclock or not).
(Most probably you either have an ivy or sandy bridge processor as you were enquiring about b75mobo).
S12ii 520w is more than enough even if you have a more power consuming processor like i7 920 overclocked at 3.6GHz
Overall in most games hd7950>>gtx660ti.When both cards are overclocked the gap increases.With newer drivers hd7950 comes quite close to gtx670.
When overclocked hd7950 can match hd7970 or go even better.
GALAXY GTX 660 Ti GC OC vs. OC GTX 670 & HD 7950

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vapor x is 23.5,dual x is 24k,also i read that a seasonic s12ii 520w would be enough for any single gpu,620w is not required.Gtx 660ti outperforms 7950 in few games,so this makes my decision tougher.What do you suggest?

For example?

funskar

Padawan

I can avail you saphire vaporx 7950 for 22.5k

rock2702

Padawan
^^Get the hd7950 vapor x.
Mention your complete system specs(Processor and mobo and whether you overclock or not).
(Most probably you either have an ivy or sandy bridge processor as you were enquiring about b75mobo).
S12ii 520w is more than enough even if you have a more power consuming processor like i7 920 overclocked at 3.6GHz
Overall in most games hd7950>>gtx660ti.When both cards are overclocked the gap increases.With newer drivers hd7950 comes quite close to gtx670.
When overclocked hd7950 can match hd7970 or go even better.
GALAXY GTX 660 Ti GC OC vs. OC GTX 670 & HD 7950

I m in the process of upgrading my old rig,will be getting an i3 2120 now and upgrading to i5 3550 in few months,4 gb ddr3 ram.I have 1440*900 res now which will be upgraded to 1080p along with the processor.The damn physx and amd's crappy drivers are making my decision tougher.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
I m in the process of upgrading my old rig,will be getting an i3 2120 now and upgrading to i5 3550 in few months,4 gb ddr3 ram.I have 1440*900 res now which will be upgraded to 1080p along with the processor.The damn physx and amd's crappy drivers are making my decision tougher.

Get i5 3550.No need to buy i3 2100 and then upgrading to i5.Not worth the money spent.
As far as gaming is concerned under windows amd drivers are not crappy.There can be issues with some version of drivers which is also true in the case of nvidia.
Overall hd7950 is a better card for gaming.
One can't run physx on amd gpu.One can add a secondary nvidia card for physx processing with a primary amd card.
Have to use hacked/modded drivers for that.

There are other alternatives like Havok and some other CPU based physics engines which would run irrespective of amd or nvidia gpu.
There are not that many good titles with good PhysX application/implementation(I don't call pre-rendered debris effects impressive).
The thing is Physx is not something that is that eye-catching in many games.
Mafia II is one good physx title.
At the end it is your choice.If physx is that important to you then take the gtx660ti dcII.

Top Bottom