Graphics Cards related queries here.

nithinr6

Right off the assembly line
Re: Graphics Cards related "general" queries here.

Guys could you please recommend a cheap graphic card that can play COD4 Modern Warfare and NFS Pro Street? I was looking forward to ZOTAC Nvidia GeForce 8400GS 1GB DDR3 but heard that it can't run Pro Street. My budget is around 3K.

Thanks in advance.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

At 3k your only option is probably the Radeon 6450. Please post your complete configuration for better suggestions.

nithinr6

Right off the assembly line

^^ Mine is a 4 year old P4 3Ghz CPU with 1.5 GB RAM and 160GB HDD.
I am planning to buy a new system when Win8 releases that will have EFI and all. So I need a graphic card that can I can use till then.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

How much you are planning to spend on your future system? It seems better to skip the plan to but any graphics card now altogether because current CPUs already have better graphics capabilities than any 3k GPU and next-gen will be even better. Better start saving for something better.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

3k isn't really a saving. but a P4 will struggle to run most of these games. still if you want to try, get HD6450 or if you have difficulty finding it, try HD4650 or 9500GT based card. 8400GS or HD4350 or similar cards are cheap but not powerful enough to run modern games & deliver good FPS. you'll have to rely fully on the GPU for any kind of performance.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Dude Win 8 is not coming for another year at least if not later. What's the need of upgrading the graphics today when his P4 is going to struggle at almost all the games!!!

limpness

Broken In

I have a question.
Which would be more viable/powerful? 2xHD4850s in crossfire or a single HD5770?
Also will a FSP 500W be able to handle 2xHD4850 in crossfire?Which PSU to recommend?

System specs: Athlon 2 X4 635+880GM UD2H

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

limpness said:
I have a question.
Which would be more viable/
powerful? 2xHD4850s in crossfire or a
single HD5770?
Also will a FSP 500W be able to handle
2xHD4850 in crossfire?Which PSU to recommend?
If you dont want to overclock then the Fsp psu should be enough.
That said, I suggest you to go for the 5770 single card setup as it has dx 11 support which the crossfire setup doesnt.

Not worth investing in non dx 11 card now

Piyush

Lanaya

I have a question.
Which would be more viable/powerful? 2xHD4850s in crossfire or a single HD5770?
Also will a FSP 500W be able to handle 2xHD4850 in crossfire?Which PSU to recommend?

System specs: Athlon 2 X4 635+880GM UD2H

do you already have the graphic card with you?
or are you planning to buy the new one?
budget required too....

Vaibhav Bishnoi

Broken In

Hi guys, I have a budget of 11K please suggest a good GPU+PSU+others parts(if required)
I currently have a core2Duo 2.20gHz, D945GCNL mobo, 1Gb ram, local PSU and Samsung CRT monitor (1024x768 current resolution).
Please suggest some good config because later this year i would also be buying a new HD monitor so probably game on high resolutions.
thanks

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

FSP Saga II 500W, if available and Sapphire HD6850. But your CPU will limit your graphics card's performance. And increase your RAM if possible.

Vaibhav Bishnoi

Broken In

FSP Saga II 500W, if available and Sapphire HD6850. But your CPU will limit your graphics card's performance. And increase your RAM if possible.
thanks a lot for the quick response
I forgot to add one thing I also have a spare P4 computer+Samsung CRT monitor+mouse+keyboard.
Can my old rig be sold and if yes where please specify.
So the sales proceeds from my old rig can be utilized in my present rig..

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Try locally. You can also use the bazaar section of the forum.

Cilus

laborare est orare

^^ Mine is a 4 year old P4 3Ghz CPU with 1.5 GB RAM and 160GB HDD.
I am planning to buy a new system when Win8 releases that will have EFI and all. So I need a graphic card that can I can use till then.

Get Asus nVidia GT 520 @ 3.2K. It is better than HD 6450 and can play games in lower resolution. Here is the link from lynx-india
. Here is the link for Zotac GT 520 @ 2.9K

Vaibhav Bishnoi

Broken In
Guys I have finally zeroed on
FSP Saga II 500 PSU- 2K (Price from SMCint.)
MSI R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition: 9,800 (Price from SMCint.)
DDR2 2GB KINGSTON 1228 (cost to cost price)
Please chip in your views..should I go for this config??

One thing more I wanted to ask MSI website says they are giving Dirt3 game free with R6850 PE but there is no mention on SMC website so is this offer valid in India??
URL:(MSI Bundle DiRT 3)

tkin

Back to school!!
Guys I have finally zeroed on
FSP Saga II 500 PSU- 2K (Price from SMCint.)
MSI R6850 Cyclone 1GD5 Power Edition: 9,800 (Price from SMCint.)
DDR2 2GB KINGSTON 1228 (cost to cost price)
Please chip in your views..should I go for this config??

One thing more I wanted to ask MSI website says they are giving Dirt3 game free with R6850 PE but there is no mention on SMC website so is this offer valid in India??
URL:(MSI Bundle DiRT 3)
All companies bring out different versions of their product to distribute in different countries, if the SKU matches you will get it, else not.

phil2097

Broken In
i'm planning to buy a graphics card for my system which i just upgraded
-amd anthlon x2 245 2.9 overclocked to 3.6ghz (going to upgrade to amd phenom II x4 965 B.E.)
-MSI 890 GXM G-65 motherboard
-kingston 2gb ddr3 1333 ram x 2 (planning for corsair vengence 4gb ddr3 1333 x 2)
-WD 1TB HDD (another 1tb to be added)
-CORSAIR CX 430 psu
-cooler master elite 430 cabinet
-benq g2220 hd 21.5in 1920x1080 res

can i go for the amd/ati HD 6850 barts pro gpu??? or do i need to change my psu?? i just bought it a few days ago as i couldnt get the corsair VX 540

Top Bottom