Graphics Cards related queries here.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Re: Graphics Cards related "general" queries here.

Will load on my GPU(while gaming) decrease if i increase my RAM to 4GB ?

If your game is limited by VRAM then yes it will for data (usually texture) swapping between RAM and VRAM.It will improve performance vs using pagefile (if your RAM also gets saturated).

tkin

Back to school!!

If your game is limited by VRAm then yes it will for data (usually texture) swapping between RAM and VRAM.It will improve performance vs using pagefile.
He has 2GB DDR3, most games will show no improvement over it, maybe metro, crysis, just cause 2 etc, games that play with lots of high res textures and draw distance(not unreal cr@p).

MegaMind

Human Spambot

He has 2GB DDR3, most games will show no improvement over it, maybe metro, crysis, just cause 2 etc, games that play with lots of high res textures and draw distance(not unreal cr@p).

He ll get dual channel memory if he adds another 2GB RAM..

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

If he adds another 2GB there will be a small amount of imrovement if he has sub 512MB GPU (one that can use the 512 like HD 5670 and not a 9500GT 512)

Actually i want to lower the burden on my GPU while gaming due to my PSU. I dont want improvements in graphics of the game.

So will an extra 2GB RAM lower the burden on GPU ?

As per the improvements is concerned, i'll give u all an example.
My PC runs crysis warhead smoothly in low settings in 1024x768 resolution.Whereas my friend's PC with same config excpt for 4GB DDR3 RAM & a Geforce G310 512MB, runs crysis warhead at medium quality with same resolution. My GPU is far better than his. So RAM amount does matter !!!

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Actually i want to lower the burden on my GPU while gaming due to my PSU. I dont want improvements in graphics of the game.

My PC runs crysis warhead smoothly in low settings in 1024x768 resolution.Whereas my friend's PC with same config excpt for 4GB DDR3 RAM & a Geforce G310 512MB, runs crysis warhead at medium quality with same resolution. My GPU is far better than his. So RAM amount does matter !!!

2gb DDR3 1333 value ram costs just 1k. Just get one, if not games, Windows will definitely love that additional amount of RAM. But burden on PSU can't be lowered by adding RAM. Your HDD may heave a sigh of relief as there will be lesser paging now. But that PSU... how long are you using your system???

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

anupam_pb said:
Using this config for about 6 months without any problem
It's just about impossible. Not possible.

Get a better PSU if possible as you're PC may blow up during Voltage fluctuation

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

only thing possible is lower voltage of processor & gpu (bios hack). but still there won't be much of a difference. your system uses around 150W while gaming. so you are running your psu @ 100% load. get a new psu while your system is intact.

I run C2 @ 1600X900 with mid settings. smooth gameplay.

I'm not joking guys, i also didn't believe my eyes when i saw it.
When i upgraded my PC to core i3(in jun 2010), i asked the assembler about the rating of my PSU (i didn't upgrade it). He said that it is a 400W PSU. So i bought 5670 in dec 2010. But when i checked my PSU carefully(while cleaning), i saw that it was printed "max. load of 160W" !!

I run C2 @ 1600X900 with mid settings. smooth gameplay.

Ya i know that if i had 4GB RAM, i can play @ higher settings.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member

Can you upload a pic of your SMPS? That will remove all the confusions.

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE

saphire 5450 1GB DDR3 XFX.....Rs 2400
zotac 9500 gt 1gb ...................Rs 2600
NVIDEA 9300GE /512MB...........Rs 1900
ATI 4350 1GB (SAPHRE)...........Rs 2000

which one shud i go for and will these run on my 500watt psu i got that psu for Rs 900
its like gsm pro 500

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

and which model is that 500W PSU?

that el cheapo can probably kill your system if overloaded.

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE

i dnt know abt the psu it is like gsm pro500watt it costed me 900 rupees
if i buy a power supply which one shud i go for
i wanna keep my budget as low as i can
thnx in advance

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE

its
i3 540m
gigabyte h55m d2h
corsair 2gb
80gb ide seagate
500gb sata seagate

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

how much will you spend on a new PSU?

for 5450 a Corsair CX 400 should do fine.it is not the best but good enough and comes with three years warranty.

*techshop.in/store/corsair-cmpsu400cx-400w-power-supply-buy-online-india-p-2923.html?cPath=320_194

Costs ~ 3k.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

^^ fsp saga 400 is more than enough for the above system alongwith 5450. Besides around 1k can be saved.

But Sonil.luthra should avoid 5450 and get a 5670 512mb instead.

Top Bottom