Graphics Cards related queries here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: Graphics Cards related "general" queries here.

^^ yep, Nvdia started it's DX11 gfx card line up from that series and GTX480 is the first DX11 compliant gfx card by the them.

AMD started it's DX11 line from HD5xxx series and HD5870 is the first DX11 compliant card by them.

rchi84

In the zone

Speaking of the RAdeon 5xxx series, I read this review of a new sapphire 5850 extreme which just released.

Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 Xtreme 1GB Review: Introduction - Techgage
and here
*www.bjorn3d.com/articles/Sapphire_5850_Xtreme/2037.html

Translate that price to around 9K here and it's still an amazing deal. There's no competition at that price range.

for any gamer on a tight budget, 5850 or 465s are still amazing deals, as long as one is patient to hunt around and bargain like hell.

Last edited:

clear_lot

Journeyman

^ there is never a simple dollar to rupee conversion in india. there is always an extra overhead. i expect the "9k" figure to be really ~ 14k

Last edited:

antani_90

Broken In

small query guys...
Wat wil be the result of underpowered HD 4870?
Poor performance? or Frying?
My HD 4870 is giving poor performance similar to my old 9400GT...using dual psu support...A local 450 watt smps for motherboard,processor,ram,hdd and a dvd rw,coolermaster ep 460watt for HD4870 and cm 120mm led fan...is cm 460 watt underpowering my gpu?

small query guys...
My HD 4870 is giving poor performance similar to my old 9400GT...using dual psu support...A local 450 watt smps for motherboard,processor,ram,hdd and a dvd rw,coolermaster ep 460watt for HD4870 and cm 120mm led fan...is cm 460 watt underpowering my gpu?

i'm getting similar lagging in Civilization V as i used to get on 9400Gt!!

kartikoli

Busy!!

small query guys...
i think it is

time to go for corsair atleast VX 450W ... this is better than CM extreme power plus 600W

antani_90

Broken In

thnx for ur reply....i need to sell certain stuff but unable to create new thread here....can corsair vx 450w power my rig...i also do some mild overclocking...
my sys specs..
Intel c2d E7200,
Asus P5QPL-AM,
Corsair xms2 2GBDDR2 800mhz ram,
500Gb hdd,
1 DVD rw,
MSI HD 4870

kartikoli

Busy!!

hmm... chk the power consumption of 4870 @ load

*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph4278/36850.png

its 305 + HD+mobo+ram+DVD writer ... add 100~125 more so its around ~420

i would strongly advice VX550 as u will be overclocking as well
so better to invest once ... future proof

u can calculate ur power consumption here

Computer Power Consumption Calculator

antani_90

Broken In

how abt this 1?
Tagan Stone Rock 500 Watt Power Supply Model - TG500-U37
Tagan Stone Rock 500 Watt Power Supply Model - TG500-U37 ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Store In India
is 4870 a good card? since i havent seen its full power:)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

@Kartikoli, that is total system power. Not the GPU in entity.

clear_lot

Journeyman

how much is the cost of overclocked MSI HD6970 Lightning in local market?

around 22k. but why dont you buy the 6950. dont even unlock it. just set it at the clocks of a 6970. then, 6950 ~= 98 % of a 6970. and then it can be clocked further.

around 22k. but why dont you buy the 6950. dont even unlock it. just set it at the clocks of a 6970. then, 6950 ~= 98 % of a 6970. and then it can be clocked further.

I was talking about my upcoming build, in which I will use 2600K, and planning to gaming @ 2560 X 1600 resolution. I am not sure if the new 6950s have the capability to unlock and run to 6970, and the MSI Lightning 6970 is an OCed version which is as fast as GTX 580, therefore should perfectly fit for gaming at that resolution

clear_lot

Journeyman

^
if its basically a gaming build and NOT any benchmarking/video processing/ build, it is more useful to get the 2500k and use the extra money for a better/second GPU. the 2600k has hyper-threading technology, that games do not use. so you wont get any extra benefit from it.

*tpucdn.com/reviews/MSI/HD_6970_Lightning/images/perfrel_2560.gif

whats your planned config and budget?

Last edited:

vizkid2005

In the zone

Just a little price related enquiry here ...
Why is there such a price difference between msi twin frozr and sapphire stock 2 gb ???

Any thing special in sapphire ???

*img851.imageshack.us/img851/1237/unledknx.png

Top Bottom