Graphics Cards related queries here.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

what's the current price of both the cards u suggested.(i may buy the card within a month):-|

currently selling for 5k online. the PowerColor 512Mb hard to find. Sapphire a good one. total will come to 5.2k after carry charge.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

suggest the best gfx card within Rs-5000 to Rs-6000.

for my config.
proccy: Athlon II X4 630:
mobo: Biostar TA785G3 HD
ram: corsair 2GB DDR3 1333MHz
HDD:Western Digital Caviar green 1TB.
gfx card: ?
psu: Corsair CX400W
cabby zebronics bijli.

Your first ioption should be HD5670 as sam has told.

But if you don't mind in going for a little bit older ( DX10 ) but powerful and power hungry gfx card then get a GTS 250 512MB edition around 6.2k - it can out perform even a HD5750 :p

hi guys,,gone yesterday to purchase the card but no r5770 is available in the market only one xfx hd5770 is there but i fear that aait may b those faulty pieces left so i didnt dare for it...!!!

i saw a gts 250 from xfx how is this card as per now i.e 2yrs..then shall upgrade it..??

If you have a good PSU and don't care for a DX11 gpu then GTS 250 is a good choice as it performs better than a HD5750 - only catch is it's power requirement is around 50-60W higher as compared to HD5750.

adityamgk

The GameFREAK is Online

guys can u suggest me good x58 motherboards from asus and msi for my zotac gtx 480 amp in terms of performance and pci express slots placements..not a very expensive one but value for money...suggest me boards other than msi x58 pro and also tell me the price..i have heard of the msi big bang x power...how is it and wats price..

girish_b

Journeyman

Finally, Ordered an Sapphire HD 5770 and a Corsair vx550 from Lynx.

Vapor-X or hawk isn't available anywhere, Will have to overclock it myself.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ nice one. if your cabby well ventilated, the HD5770 will OC well. even without proper ventilation, your cabby will be cool.

deba_2k_1

Broken In

Guys I'm planning to buy my first ever graphics card this festive season.. so please suggest me the best graphics card with the following specs within a range of around 6k. It would also be very helpful if you can provide address of the dealer specifically in kolkata.
SPECS:-
MB:- Gigabyte 945GCM-S2L
Processor:- Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53GHz
RAM:- 2GB
Expansion Slots:-
1) 1 x PCI Express x16 slot
2) 1 x PCI Express x1 slot
3) 2 x PCI slots

* also plz mention the power (in watts) I need for such card

rajan1311

Padawan

Get an ATI HD 5670 512MB for Rs5300 odd, FSP Saga II 350W PSUfor Rs1500, little over your budget though.

sasuke

Broken In

hey will i be able to play GTA 4 on HD 5750, if yes at what settings??? I want all the or most of the eye candy without any stutter.

I am going to get a HD 5750 and FSP saga 400W as suggested by you guys??

funkysourav

What The.... !!!

hey will i be able to play GTA 4 on HD 5750, if yes at what settings??? I want all the or most of the eye candy without any stutter.

I am going to get a HD 5750 and FSP saga 400W as suggested by you guys??

you would be able to game at highest settings at 1440x****
and very high at 1600x900

rajan1311

Padawan

Am I the only one who feels that GTA 4 was a total fail? so boring lo....

anyways, you should be able to play it at medium-high at lower res, the game is heavily CPU bound.

Piyush

Lanaya

@asingh and rajan
why GTA4 is a fail?
(i havent played it yet,just taking feedback from u all)

Last edited:

rajan1311

Padawan

i just liked messing around with the cops, which too got boring after one hour of play, good thing was that the game was only Rs500.....playing Mafia 2 now, good game :)

Piyush

Lanaya

i just liked messing around with the cops, which too got boring after one hour of play, good thing was that the game was only Rs500.....playing Mafia 2 now, good game :)

did u complete the storyline anyways?
i heard that this game deserves 10/10

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

@asingh and rajan
why GTA4 is a fail?
(i havent played it yet,just taking feedback from u all)

It was a fail not because of the game content (it followed the style of the original GTA series -- which I loved). It failed cause it was a lazy console port. It does not realize the GPU. Graphics are sh$$.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

It was a fail not because of the game content (it followed the style of the original GTA series -- which I loved). It failed cause it was a lazy console port. It does not realize the GPU. Graphics are sh$$.

But i have heard its the most top selling game of all time...beating Halo.....
morever most of the sites ranked it No 1

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
Will it has immense legacy backing it. Vice City and San Andreas.

rajan1311

Padawan

did u complete the storyline anyways?
i heard that this game deserves 10/10

well, i can play the game only at night when parents go to sleep, plenty of nudity and sex related stuff,so cant play in front of parents ;)

see some screenshots here, i update it almost daily:
mafia 2 released

Do we have a gaming section here at TDF? Any1 else interested in mafia 2? would love to discuss the game :)

Top Bottom