Graphics Cards related queries here.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^^
yeah it is a much better deal if available under 9.5k
that is in the price proximity of Hawk.

paying an even bigger premium for 5770
when gtx 460 768 mb is available in close proximity is a no-brainer

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Is Nvidia GTX 460 is better than ati hd 5770?5770 cost less than 460?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Amrbir at Lynx-India has offered me VaporX or Toxic, instead of Hawk. (5770 all of them), IS it a good deal? I mean, Vapor X has been in my radar before.

VapourX is a waste of money. cost more than a kidney (defective one). for price of VapourX, you can get a GTX460.

hi i am going to buy a new gpu card. My budget is 8k. Pls help me to get a good card at this price.
I want to play all the games including latest releases, and also games like crysis at a playable framerate with medium or high settings.

I had HD 4850 and Geforce GTS 250 in my mind. but talking about hd 4850 i have heard that it has some overheating issues. and i dont like them.
I am not going to buy a psu. so pls suggest a card that will run on my pc the way it is .
Also suggest the brands to prefer like zotac or asus or palit etc.

Following is my pc's config.
AMD Athlon II X2 250 @ 3.01GHz,
ASUS M2N68-AM Plus Mobo,
3 GB DDR2 @ 800MHZ,
seagate 7200 500GB, WD Caviar 160GB,

Now talking about my PSU i dont know whether it will be enough or not so i am posting a image of PSU. i think its 550W.

so friends pls help me to get a new graphics card tell your suggestions and tips while buying.
Also if u know then pls tell me a shop at lamnigton road where i can get a good card at reasonable price.

can't say about the PSU. looks to be a local powersupply. get a HD5750. anything over it, this PSU mayn't hold. GTS250 & HD4850 are old cards. will consume more power. or you may try changing the PSU. a FSP Saga II 400W or Gigabyte Superb 460W (both available at IT Wares) will set you back by 2k & will able handle upto HD5770.

definitely it is.

girish_b

Journeyman

If I go for GTX 460, Zotac would be a better option?

ZOTAC GTX 460 1GB DDR-5 is Rs :12615 and Vapor-X is Rs :9363/- (without tax and shipping cost)

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Which is best brand for nvidia GTX 460 1 gb ddr5?

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Best brand of Nvidia card graphics card-Best brand of Nvidia card - Page 6 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

theres nothing like best brand. Palit was a good one. but end result? it screwed itself. currently EVGA & Gigabyte & yes Point of View good ones.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ sasuke - get a new PSu as suggested by sam

@ piyush120290 - zotac 1GB gtx460 has heating issue as well thoiugh not as high as palit.

@ revolution - xfx GT240 512MB GDDR3 cot is Rs. 5k without tax.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

SMC? could you please elaborate?

SMC International - One Stop Shop for all your Hardware Need !

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Yes, 460 SLI beats the sh!t out of high end cards too.

sasuke

Broken In

hey but will a new psu and hd 5770 come under 8k?? and wat abt 5750 what will it cost me at lamington road?? also tell me brands to look for.

do i have to get a new psu for hd 5750?? coz i really dont want to buy a new psu.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

also the 5750 requires 6 pin power connector, so will it consume more power than hd 4850 or gts 250 or less???

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

also tell me one thing will my pc be able to handle Geforce GTS 250?
i am planning to get this as the reviews show that it is more powerful than hd 5750!

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

tell me some good brands to look for gts 250

sasuke

Broken In

yaar i am here asking about a graphics card and you are telling me to buy a psu.
what do you say about this card MSI N250GTS-2D1G???

vwad

In the zone

hey but will a new psu and hd 5770 come under 8k?? and wat abt 5750 what will it cost me at lamington road?? also tell me brands to look for.

do i have to get a new psu for hd 5750?? coz i really dont want to buy a new psu.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

also the 5750 requires 6 pin power connector, so will it consume more power than hd 4850 or gts 250 or less???

---------- Post added at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

also tell me one thing will my pc be able to handle Geforce GTS 250?
i am planning to get this as the reviews show that it is more powerful than hd 5750!

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

tell me some good brands to look for gts 250

MSI Twin Frozr for GTS 250

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

yaar i am here asking about a graphics card and you are telling me to buy a psu.
what do you say about this card MSI N250GTS-2D1G???

i.e. only for your good. If you are going to buy new graphics card and your PSU is lower level one, you might run into troubles.

adityamgk

The GameFREAK is Online

guys please givesome views on zotac gtx 480 amp edition..i know that the card runs very cool compared to stock cooler.. But for a well ventilated cabinet should i go for cooler master 690 ll advanced or cooler master haf 922? For the psu i am buying the corsair hx 850.. Also tell me the price of zotac gtx 480 amp edition..

funkysourav

What The.... !!!

i would go for HAF 922 anyday over 690 II advanced
zotac gtx 480 amp is available for around 30k+taxes

girish_b

Journeyman

Still haven't decided whether it's a 5770 or a gtx 460. also 5830 are an option as well.

I have a max budget of 14k.

sasuke

Broken In

thanks vwad will consider it.

wat do you guys say about this card MSI N250GTS-2D1G its factory overclocked plus custom cooler.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

^^ your PSU 12V rating is 18Amps.

so guys make him understand what will happened if plug in a HD5770.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!

thanks vwad will consider it.

wat do you guys say about this card MSI N250GTS-2D1G its factory overclocked plus custom cooler.
dude why don't you want to understand that with your present setup,
it is just not possible to add any graphics card
without the risk of some fireworks:-|

Ironically the name of your psu is "Fuel":))
if you want to add fire to the "Fuel"
so go ahead if you want to see diwali in advance
and get a 5970 or gtx 480sli:twisted:

you've got to understand at first change the PSU to at least a good 400w or 450w one
i have listed your options

considering your PSU
400w=Corsair cx400>>Gigabyte Superb 460>Fsp saga II 400
450w=Corsair VX450>>>FSP saga II 500

now considering your GPU
Msi GTS 250 is no doubt a good card,
but HD5750 is even better at that price(7.2k)

if you want to spend some more
HD5770@9.5k(at least a good 400w psu)

GTX 460 768 MB@12k(450w psu)
GTX 460 1gb@14k(450w psu)

HD5850@16k(450w psu)

sasuke

Broken In

can i get a good psu under 1000 rupees??? cause i am on a really tight budget. so tell me if i can get a gts 250 and a psu under 8.5-9k.

and i probably cant afford hd 5970 or gtx 460 sli.
pls dont suggest a card above 8k.

Top Bottom