Graphics Cards related queries here.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

CX400W is the only unit having CX prefix
*www.corsair.com/products/cx/default.aspx

I only once saw a palit 9500GT 256MB GDDR3 which was around 4K

for 4k, its ain't any good. for that price a much better HD4670 512Mb can be found.

Don't know much about FSP ( only heard their everest series models are bad ) ... but as FSP Saga II 400W is the OEM of gigabyte unit I think it would be good enough to run a HD5770 but it's better to stick with corsair ( specially VX450W ) :p

not exactly. FSP is OEM of Gigabyte's Superb PSU range. so they maybe using the rebranded SAGA or maybe Blue Storm units. but more likely Saga units as they cost in same price range as Superb.

well, if getting a HD5770, i'll be better off in investing in a better branded PSU. i prefer FSP only in budget region of below 2.5k. its solid VFM.

gameranand

Living to Play

Hey friends i need a graphics n a psu in 15000 please suggest. I m thinking on a sapphire radeon 5770 n for psu i m thinking on a tagan 500w or a vip 600w because both are priced at 3000. Am i making a right decesion?

Krow

Crowman

^Corsair CX400W is also available for 2.8k. S12II 380W is very good too.

gameranand said:
Hey friends i need a graphics n a psu in 15000 please suggest. I m thinking on a sapphire radeon 5770 n for psu i m thinking on a tagan 500w or a vip 600w because both are priced at 3000. Am i making a right decesion?
Not really. Instead, get Corsair VX450W @ 3.8k and HD5770 @ 11k or so.

Piyush

Lanaya

^Corsair CX400W is also available for 2.8k. S12II 380W is very good too.

Not really. Instead, get Corsair VX450W @ 3.8k and HD5770 @ 11k or so.

absolutely right but the prices of hd 5770 has been dropped to 9.8k(at least in delhi)
and now corsair vx 550W is now available at 4.7k(yayyyy):p

ajai5777

Youngling

NFS shift didnt run even in 1280 X 720 resolution in My config when i used XP.Now i am getting 40-50 FPS in 1280 X 720 res for assassins creed in windows 7.Also getting 30+FPS in 1600 X 900.I havent tried new games on this config except shift.Can i play any new games in 1280 X 720 in current config?

If I need a graphic card upgrade to play new games;Suggest me a PSU+Graphics card upgrade in tight budget.My monitor is samsung 2033.Now i have zebronics 450W Sata plus PSU and 9500GT.
Also what can i get for 9500GT?

Piyush

Lanaya

either go for 5770+450W combo
or go for
gtx 260+450W combo

both will come under 15k

Cool G5

Conversation Architect

Tagan is better than VIP but still I do not recommend it. Better you stick with Corsair VX450W(Rs.3.9K) or Corsair CX400W(Rs.3K).

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac

You can also go for Gigabyte PSU. I am using Gigabyte Superb 550 for last 8 months with some moderate components inside my cabinet without a single problem.

hi guys,
I wanted to know whether HIS products are available in India(NCR region.)
I was interested [FONT=&quot] HIS HD 5770 IceQ 5 1GB (128bit) GDDR5 PCIe (DirectX 11/ Eyefinity).
Its different from other 5770 variants as it has good cooling system and the best thing I liked is the U.V. sensitive case (attached a pic :smile:).
If it is available here what is its current price and where can I get it from??
Thanks

[/FONT]

Piyush

Lanaya

hi guys,
I wanted to know whether HIS products are available in India(NCR region.)
I was interested [FONT=&quot] HIS HD 5770 IceQ 5 1GB (128bit) GDDR5 PCIe (DirectX 11/ Eyefinity).
Its different from other 5770 variants as it has good cooling system and the best thing I liked is the U.V. sensitive case (attached a pic :smile:).
If it is available here what is its current price and where can I get it from??
Thanks

[/FONT]
sadly i dont know about ncr region
but there's a shop named as R.R.Systems in nehru place
they can get 1 for you on request:smile:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

SMC Electronics, Meghdoot Building Nehru Place. 2nd Floor, when you enter from the Paras Cinema entry.

sadly i dont know about ncr region
but there's a shop named as R.R.Systems in nehru place
they can get 1 for you on request:smile:

SMC Electronics, Meghdoot Building Nehru Place. 2nd Floor, when you enter from the Paras Cinema entry.

Thanks a lot guys, one more thing I wanted to ask what is the appox. price of normal Iceq5 and the turbo Iceq5 one??
->How is the customer support of HIS company as compared to others.
->Will a gigabyte 450W superb be enough to handle the card

Related to this I also wanted to ask if 470 GTX is released here. If it has,
is it priced at $299 or more. Will things be safe to get a new GPU (5770)now or should I wait..
thanks...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Related to this I also wanted to ask if 470 GTX is released here. If it has,
is it priced at $299 or more. Will things be safe to get a new GPU (5770)now or should I wait..
thanks...

as USD & INR is not balanced so expect pay 18k+ on the GTX470. ok, now add to it the premium of getting a faster card than HD5850. premium of purchasing card 1st month of its release i.e. if u buy in April, if you wish to. & other favors. so the final image should look something like this:

any GTX470 (XFX, Asus, MSI or Giggy or whatever,,,,,,,,)---> 23k or maybe more. for that much price you getting actually a HD5870 which will take GTX470 by its neck & thrash it head 1st.

on 1 last thing, if you have a microwave, you may mind selling it & using the GTX470 for it. Nvidia GTX 470 Microwave Edition :lol: (read temperature & noise @ Anandtech under GTX470 & 480 reviews. 90degree+ is no fun for any graphics card, seriously).

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

@ Sam.Shab

No buddy you're wrong again.The 5870 wont thrash the gtx470.In fact it got thrashed by the 470 in crysis,dirt2 & battleforge in the anandtech review you were talking about.The fermi cards are prtetty strong in tesselation and geometry than their amd counterparts.

Regarding heat yhese are reference designed cards and when the cards hit retail board makers will give better coolers to dissipate the extra heat so no need to worry.

@ karan_singh999

Buddy you can consider th gtx 470 as its a great card but the pricing will be a big decider here.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
It is not exact. In some games the HD5870 is pulling way ahead of the GTX470. As it is the GTX470 is positioned to take out the HD5850. I doubt heat exchange will really make heaven and hell difference, once the OEMs manufacture them --- unless VaporX or liquid cooled. There are too many transistors (3Billion), on a die of that size.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

@ Sam.Shab

No buddy you're wrong again.The 5870 wont thrash the gtx470.In fact it got thrashed by the 470 in crysis,dirt2 & battleforge in the anandtech review you were talking about.The fermi cards are prtetty strong in tesselation and geometry than their amd counterparts.

Regarding heat yhese are reference designed cards and when the cards hit retail board makers will give better coolers to dissipate the extra heat so no need to worry.

the HD5870 is 10% faster than GTX470. ok but the price premium don't justifies that fact at all. also regarding heat, how much will a good cooler bring it down? remember its already dual slot & the cooler looks very effective. so take 5-10degree drop, leaving you a card that still can be used as an oven. till heat issues & price doesn't find their respective good place, i suggest peoples don't look at Fermi.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...

^^
yaa pricing does make a big difference and until that's sorted it isnt wise to vouch for it.
But i have a feeling that its gonna be one heck of a fight between team green and red.

Top Bottom