Graphics Cards related queries here.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Havok... is owned by intel.
and havok is more cpu based than gpu.
amd's physics is bullet physics which is an open initiative but they have started late so they are behind nvidia in terms of bullet physics used in games...
but they are not behind nvidia in physics technology.. cuz there have been instances of people being able to run physx on ati..
its not a hardware issue.. physics on graphics cards may not so much be a technology problem but a game of politics.

sasuke

Broken In

I want to buy a 2 new Graphics card. the budget of 1st card is rs.2000/- it will be used to play somewhat old games like NFS:MW, Carbon, etc. will crysis run on it??

the budget of the second card is rs5500/-. it will be used to play the latest games, at any playable settings,

for the 1st one i decided to get a zotac 8400gs, i think its aroun 1.8k.(any suggestions for this??)

for the second i chose zotac 9600gt, or Palit HD4670 super or sparkle 9600GSO.
pls help me in buying according my budget.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD

@sasuke
I guess you can also get an HD 5650 for around 5.5k as well.
Doesn't offer too much else,but atleast u'll get a DX11 part. :\

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ sasuke - for the second one get either HD5670 512MB ed. or nvidia 9800GT if you hjave a good PSU.

BTW, what PSU do you have anyway ?

sasuke

Broken In

^I have a 550watt psu. That came with my cabinet.
Will the cards u stated can come under my budget. Cause i strictly cannot increase my budget anymore.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD

^
A 550 watt PSU with a cabinet?? :O
That is rare. Check the brand.Better buy a good 450 watt PSU from a trusted brand.
Anyways,the cards topgear mentioned are indeed within your budget.Infact the HD5670 512GB ed is 5.5k xDD.
I still recommend checking ur PSU though.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ sasuke - as Jripper told you mention the the brand name of your PSU but you wpould at safe side with HD5670 for sure :p

@ Varad Dilip Choudhari - GTS 250 consumes around 150W so a corsair VX450W would be a perfect matchg for that :p

Piyush

Lanaya

thanks piyush120290 & topgear

How about Tagan 500W?
as far as i know tagan is a new player in india
however its prices match with those of corsair and cm
still i'll recommend u to go for corsair or cm
remember ,dont buy cm's xtreme series
its full of s#!t

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Ageia was bought by Nvidia. so their team now works under Nvidia. & they integrated the architecture of PhysX into the existing Nvidia GPUs.

but HAVOK isn't part of AMD. or is it? so Physics in Nvidia cards is far superior to AMD cards, as of now. but it also doesn't mean ATI cards can't process physics at all. just Nvidia edged out ATI. badly.

PhysX is a graphics physics calculation engine/platform, which nVidia now owns. They license it to game developers. Now the game developers put API calls in the game, which can use the PhysX engine. Now during game play, these calls are rendered via the nVidia GPU. The Aegia PhysX drivers now have a check, if the primary GPU is found to be ATI, then PhysX cannot be rendered --> if a secondary Physics card was mounted on the second PCI.Ex16 dock. People were doing this. Buy a HD4870 and using it for 3d Acceleration, and use the old 8600GT for physics.

Havok is not part of AMD. It is purely rendered on the CPU. ATI cards 'can' to physics calculation via 3dCompute, which is gold for parallel processing, just that developers are not harnessing this technology as of now.

Havok... is owned by intel.
and havok is more cpu based than gpu.
amd's physics is bullet physics which is an open initiative but they have started late so they are behind nvidia in terms of bullet physics used in games...
but they are not behind nvidia in physics technology.. cuz there have been instances of people being able to run physx on ati..
its not a hardware issue.. physics on graphics cards may not so much be a technology problem but a game of politics.

Yes, it was happening, then team green put in the driver check. Old legacy drivers can make this work, via a soft mod hack.

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD

Is it ok if I couple a 5770 with a zebronics 600 watt PSU@3k??
M not sure abt the power rating,but it claims that it has 28-30 amps on the +12V rail.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Or with a VIP 600 watt @2.9k?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Is it ok if I couple a 5770 with a zebronics 600 watt PSU@3k??
M not sure abt the power rating,but it claims that it has 28-30 amps on the +12V rail.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Or with a VIP 600 watt @2.9k?

or Seasonic S12-II 380W @ 2.8k. still to handle that card, best PSU is VX450W.

tech_sword

Right off the assembly line

Hey frndz m also willin... to purchase a 512MB graphics Card.......
can anyone suggest me a gd one within the range of Rs. 2000

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ Jripper - HD5770 consumes around 100W under load so a corsair cx400W or Seasonic S12-II 380W @ 2.8k would be good enough for it :p

@ tech_sword - get a 9400GT around 2.5K or a 8400GS around 1.8K. BTW, if you want to play latest games then you have to change your budget ...

Top Bottom