Graphics Cards related queries here.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^ Does a laptop screen require/support good high resolution . I have an old ibm laptop with x200 chipset and maximum resolution the laptop screen can handle is 1024*768 , for that the 4670 is good enough . Correct me if i am wrong since i dont game on my laptop its only for office use , for gaming i am happy with my desktop .
I have never came across a laptop with screen size more then 19inch !!

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare

The Core i7 Laptop u suggested is good except the Graphics card. U can customize it in HP online with ATI HD 4650 at least. It will play all the games in above 30/35 FPS @1024X768 resolution. Price will be hardly $100 more.
The performance of ATI mobility Radeon HD 4650 DDR3 is compared to GTS 250M from Nvidia.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

Wait till march if you can and you'll be ready for some awesome deals.The dell studio xps 16 comes with a core i7 mobile processor i.e the 720qm.It just doesnt have a good graphics solution and does with a 4670.Wait until a new dx11 gpu heads into the xps 16.

U R JOKING RIGHT ??

Actually the Alienware MX15 price is not 1.2Lakh it includes all shipping tax + vat + some other US taxes so comes around 1.45Lakhs
& GTX 260M is not OLD hardware , bringing DX 11 with 5850/5870 on a laptop will cost u more than 2 lakhs or above !

Mobile GTX 260M is 40% lower performance than GTX 260 Core 216 !

@ Mr.Gaming Laptop Buyer - Snehit

Still u need to understand that gaming on a laptop with high resolution of 1080p are impossible with now a days games ! i knew that Studio XPS is coming with TRUELIFE FULLHD 1080p screen with HD 4670 u cannot go over 1024 X 768 ! & core i7 mobile technology is far more backwards than Centrino 2 Mobile T9400/T9500

Reconsider ur thoughts , please dont invest money like 70K for a laptop gaming purpose the disappointment will be higher .
:!::!::!:

Get a decent laptop Like Studio15 ! save ur money for next gaming desktop

Toxicshadow

Right off the assembly line

I want to buy a graphics card under Rs 5000, but I don't know which one to buy , please help !
My PC configuration is -
Dual Core 2.6 Ghz
2 GB DDR2 RAM
ASUS P5KPL- AM/PS Motherboard

I don't have a gaming SMPS.

snehit

Broken In

U R JOKING RIGHT ??

Actually the Alienware MX15 price is not 1.2Lakh it includes all shipping tax + vat + some other US taxes so comes around 1.45Lakhs
& GTX 260M is not OLD hardware , bringing DX 11 with 5850/5870 on a laptop will cost u more than 2 lakhs or above !

Still u need to understand that gaming on a laptop with high resolution of 1080p are impossible with now a days games ! i knew that Studio XPS is coming with TRUELIFE FULLHD 1080p screen with HD 4670 u cannot go over 1024 X 768 ! & core i7 mobile technology is far more backwards than Centrino 2 Mobile T9400/T9500

Reconsider ur thoughts , please dont invest money like 70K for a laptop gaming purpose the disappointment will be higher .

you really make me think over to take decision. Thanks for you concern and your opinion. Undoubtedly desktop is the superior choice but in next five year I could not plan to buy one nor PS III as I have applied for student visa. You know what is student life there. Only one option I do have is laptop not any other but still I wud think rationally now onwards

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

you really make me think over to take decision. Thanks for you concern and your opinion. Undoubtedly desktop is the superior choice but in next five year I could not plan to buy one nor PS III as I have applied for student visa. You know what is student life there. Only one option I do have is laptop not any other but still I wud think rationally now onwards

I gave my suggestion as above my best ! i can say that Studio XPS is good for gaming - but how can i say to some who asks suggestion for gaming with expectation ! i cannot lie

Sorry to break ur choices but - indeed u can go for decent gaming laptop with PSP like !

All the best for ur purchase , please if u purchase post it in the POST YOUR LATEST PURCHASE - thread

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

I want to buy a graphics card under Rs 5000, but I don't know which one to buy , please help !
My PC configuration is -
Dual Core 2.6 Ghz
2 GB DDR2 RAM
ASUS P5KPL- AM/PS Motherboard

I don't have a gaming SMPS.

Hey..welcome to the forum. And reading your post brings a smile to my face. Wonder why...? First time I am hearing this term "gaming SMPS". Sounds really nice. :) I guess you coined it...! Patent it man..! :)

So to get the ball rolling:
What resolution you plan to play at, and what types of games interest you...! Post this we can advice. Would you put more into the 5K to get a 'gaming smps'. :) Though which PSU you have as of now..?

tkin

Back to school!!

U R JOKING RIGHT ??

Alienware is officially sold in India by Dell, so only the 4% tax + shipping charges apply. Just go to Dell India website and you can buy one.

Toxicshadow

Hey..welcome to the forum. And reading your post brings a smile to my face. Wonder why...? First time I am hearing this term "gaming SMPS". Sounds really nice. :) I guess you coined it...! Patent it man..! :)

What resolution you plan to play at, and what types of games interest you...! Post this we can advice. Would you put more into the 5K to get a 'gaming smps'. :) Though which PSU you have as of now..?

thanks:-D .. the PSU is of 300W , but I don't think it's of much work, still you can suggest me :)
wanted to play Modern warfare 2, ninja blade, Red Faction: Guerrila, Borderlands, Assassins Creed :???: .. tell me if it's possible:)

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

thanks:-D .. the PSU is of 300W , but I don't think it's of much work, still you can suggest me :)
wanted to play Modern warfare 2, ninja blade, Red Faction: Guerrila, Borderlands, Assassins Creed :???: .. tell me if it's possible:)

Suyash Tyagi

what is gddr3? my pc specs are-core2duo 2.93ghz ,e7500,intel dg31pr motherboard & seagate barracuda 250gb hard disk.My pc will support a gddr3 card or not?

tkin

Back to school!!

what is gddr3? my pc specs are-core2duo 2.93ghz ,e7500,intel dg31pr motherboard & seagate barracuda 250gb hard disk.My pc will support a gddr3 card or not?
It will even support GDDR5 graphics card.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

It stands for Graphics Double Data Rate 3. It is the ram modules used on some of the graphic accelerators available today. A more comprehensive definition is available here.

Yes, you motherboard will support it. If a it has a PCI.Ex16 slot, then it should work.

tushargupta

Broken In

My PC config is AMD athlon X2 4400+, Asus M2A-VM mobo, Transcend 2*1GB 800MHz Dual channel, 2*320GB SATA HDD, XFX 8600GT 256MB, 20" 1680*1050 AOC monitor, Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. All latest drivers installed.

Windows 7 PC performance ratings shows that my performance bottle necks are CPU and RAM (with equal minimum score than other items). Will an upgrade of CPU to Phenom X3 and later unlocking 4th core(Will that be possible on my mobo?) be of much help in increasing performance of PC?? Main PC use is for playing latest games.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

My PC config is AMD athlon X2 4400+, Asus M2A-VM mobo, Transcend 2*1GB 800MHz Dual channel, 2*320GB SATA HDD, XFX 8600GT 256MB, 20" 1680*1050 AOC monitor, Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit. All latest drivers installed.

Windows 7 PC performance ratings shows that my performance bottle necks are CPU and RAM (with equal minimum score than other items). Will an upgrade of CPU to Phenom X3 and later unlocking 4th core(Will that be possible on my mobo?) be of much help in increasing performance of PC?? Main PC use is for playing latest games.

Windows 7 score is always determined by the lowest subscore if I'm not worong meaning - even if your cpu can give 5.9 points but your hdd gives 5.4 windows score ( overall ) would be 5.4.

As far as I know your mobo supports only 1st generations of phenom cpu ie 9xxx series and 8xxx series cpus only. It does not supports 2nd generation of phenom II or might be athlon II cpus namely 8xx, 6xx, 9xx, 4xx, 5xx, 2xx series cpus.

So you can OC your existing cpu and a buyt a more powerful gfx card like a 9600Gt or Hd4670 around 4.6-5K or if youi don't want to oc find a cpu such as phenom x4 9650 around 6.5K.

tushargupta

Broken In

Windows 7 score is always determined by the lowest subscore if I'm not worong meaning - even if your cpu can give 5.9 points but your hdd gives 5.4 windows score ( overall ) would be 5.4.

As far as I know your mobo supports only 1st generations of phenom cpu ie 9xxx series and 8xxx series cpus only. It does not supports 2nd generation of phenom II or might be athlon II cpus namely 8xx, 6xx, 9xx, 4xx, 5xx, 2xx series cpus.

So you can OC your existing cpu and a buyt a more powerful gfx card like a 9600Gt or Hd4670 around 4.6-5K or if youi don't want to oc find a cpu such as phenom x4 9650 around 6.5K.

Today after reading many articles and reviews about suitable CPU for gaming, i m thinking of upgrading my cpu with a Athlon X2 6000+ 3.1Ghz and not with a phenom x3 or x4. I think i will be getting good performance boost in games by higher clock speeds of x2 6000+and not by more cores of phenoms. m not in favor of x2 6400+ as its power consumption is very high(125w) also it is 90nm (hotter).

I was wondering if higher cache sizes in phenoms will compensate for lower clock speeds and give better performance in games.

My focus is best performance of games, no multitasking or encoding...

My past experience with OCing was not very good, PC got unstable so i will be running on stock speeds only.

budget 5k for CPU

Pls guide...

Last edited:
Top Bottom