Graphics Cards related queries here.

Krow

Crowman
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

@ desii, I think the pries are correct. 9600GT 512MB is for 4.5k. So the one B may be higher priced. I vote for 9800GT.

gamedev_adi

Right off the assembly line

first of all, i am rlly sory 4 nt responding 2 ur creative inputs nd amusing humour, bcause of my exams.i thk i wil recommend a hd4735 2 hm.putting a nw psu is a prob as it could void his guarantee.anyways i wld lke 2 knw abt a midrange card tht supports dx10 and is in prce rnge til 9000rs.thnks

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ What card you are talking about ?? Never heard of anything like hd4735 :p
Are you talking about HD4670 ??

A very good DX10 card in the range of 9K is Zotac GTX260. It's Rs. 9.5K and can blow all the cards in it's price range :p

@ karan_singh999 - what psu do you have ( brand name and model and watt ) ? 9800GT is better choice though :p

@ desiibond - Zotac 9600GT 1 GB GDDR3 is Rs. 5.3K and it's the cheapest one :p

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

Is HD5850 good at 1440x900 res. with all the eye-candy enabled? I'm really lookin' forward to it.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

^Is it a good move? I can play Crysis/WARHEAD with custom config (more eye-candy) without AA (looks better than AA enabled :D) with GF9800GTX+ & I'm gettin' 27-30 fps most of the time. I'm in a dilemma! HD5850 or X360 or PS3 or 14k Fermi. Shite!

Mayank Kothari

Right off the assembly line

Which is the best graphic card in between Rs. 5000-6000? I am using windows xp sp3 my motherborad is gigabyte GA-8I865GVMF-775

1. Supports LGA775 Intel® Pentium® 4 processor FSB800 with HT technology
2. New generation Dual Channel DDR400 architecture
3. Integrated Serial-ATA interface
4. Features Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 Engine
5. Integrated T.I. IEEE1394 interface
6. Integrated Marvel Gigabit Ethernet controller
7. Integrated high quality 6-channel AC' 97 audio

How can i start a new thread? I am getting a message of "you don't have permission".

thank you for your kind help.
:lol:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

under 6k, 9800GT is the right one. but what is the motherboard model number. some older pentium 4 porcessor supported mobos don't have PCIe slot.

Krow

Crowman

Also what SMPS do you have? For a generic cheap SMPS, get 4670 1GB @ 4.5k or GT240 (if available). Else, if you have a good SMPS, get 9800GT as desii suggested.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

Someone please tell me awesomely, goin' for HD5850 now a good choice? I can max out Crysis/WARHEAD, 2x AA with GF9800GTX+ and I'll stick to my 19" Widescreen monitor till the doomsday [2012] :D.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

Someone please tell me awesomely, goin' for HD5850 now a good choice? I can max out Crysis/WARHEAD, 2x AA with GF9800GTX+ and I'll stick to my 19" Widescreen monitor till the doomsday [2012] :D.

:+1:
wait till dooms day may be truth , after we will get HD6970 will play in 32 inch monitor all maxed out

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Which is the best graphic card in between Rs. 5000-6000? I am using windows xp sp3 my motherborad is gigabyte GA-8I865GVMF-775

1. Supports LGA775 Intel® Pentium® 4 processor FSB800 with HT technology
2. New generation Dual Channel DDR400 architecture
3. Integrated Serial-ATA interface
4. Features Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 Engine
5. Integrated T.I. IEEE1394 interface
6. Integrated Marvel Gigabit Ethernet controller
7. Integrated high quality 6-channel AC' 97 audio

How can i start a new thread? I am getting a message of "you don't have permission".

thank you for your kind help.
:lol:

Your mobo does not has any AGP or PCI-E slot. So you will not be able to use a gfx card.

Go for complete new rig or at-least a mobo+cpu+ram+psu :p

Hi guys I immediately require your help my sisters posting done and she requires a laptop ASAP. Guys can you please reply to my post below and suggest a good lappy >>
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1190981&posted=1#post1190981

thanks a lot hope to receive replies soon:smile::smile:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

Three days back, when i installed and start to play CoJ:BiB, my system suddenly crashes and from then, it wont boot into Windows. No matter, whatever i tried it isn't booting. But if i remove the graphics card,it works good with IGP. So pretty clear that HD4670 is the culprit. It was working good before the incident, where prev i played Crysis Warhead w/o any problem.

The problem is the boot screen looks garbled , and once the Starting Windows screen appears, it directly goes to a BSOD, where it says some atikmdag.sys file is corrupted.I googled it and found so many solutions and tried them all, but still no use.

I am using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate RTM. Please help me guys.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Ok..it is a driver issue.

1. Remove the GPU.
2. Restart go to BIOS and enable the onboard BIOS to IGP.
3. Go directly to safe mode desktop.
4. Uninstall everything related to ATI, even the HDMI.
5. Restart, again to go safe mode. Remove all using driver sweeper.
6. Restart, and go to normal desktop.
7. Restart, and go to normal desktop, install CCC ver. 9.11.
8. Shut down. Install the GPU.
9. Go to BIOS, disable the IGP, enable the PCI.E
10. Goto Desktop

Top Bottom