Graphics Cards related queries here.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

^^

oh..could be.
But I remember r4gs, asking a lot of questions here. Man, who is that guy Bikenstein on TE. He is deadly...! You subscribe to TE.

Krow

Crowman

TE has a lot of knowledgeable members. Much more than here, but then again, many of TE's current active members are ex-TDF guys. This forum was as good once upon a time. :( I am a regular reader at TE, rarely login. I don't need to, they have enough members. :)

Bikeinstein is a very knowledgeable guy. Seen many of his posts and been really impressed. If you can, then check out the show off section of TE. You will find some Lian-Li cases and also some custom made OC Bench stations like this one :

*www.techenclave.com/show-off/new-bench-station-151287.html

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
Just read some posts there. Found it to be too show off, and noobish. Very similiar to Erodov. It has carry over of Erodov members.

People are saying that FPS is not related to smoothness in a game. An E8400 will bottle neck a 9500GT. He he..!

TDF rules and rocks man. Why would someone from here move to TE..!

Krow

Crowman

Oh well, that's a long story. Another time. Noobs are everywhere, but the really knowledgeable ones are the ones whose posts I read. Great for knowledge purposes.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

thanx asingh for gud info abt AA & AF....now i know y they r important to gamers...
coz of EYE CANDY in visuals....:))

For example: if i play POP:Sands of Time in HD4850 & HD4870 with all best ultra high settings...then the graphics will totally differ in both even if settings r same for AA & AF etc

but i doubt coz it such an old game..if it renders dat quality in new cards :neutral:

Note: One more important thing in GCards is shader model support for transform & lightning....coz whenever we start a game it looks for SM version like SM 2.0,3.0,4.0 etc so a SM 3.0 game wont run on SM 2.0 Card....:-D

tkin

Back to school!!

thanx asingh for gud info abt AA & AF....now i know y they r important to gamers...
coz of EYE CANDY in visuals....:))

For example: if i play POP:Sands of Time in HD4850 & HD4870 with all best ultra high settings...then the graphics will totally differ in both even if settings r same for AA & AF etc

but i doubt coz it such an old game..if it renders dat quality in new cards :neutral:

Note: One more important thing in GCards is shader model support for transform & lightning....coz whenever we start a game it looks for SM version like SM 2.0,3.0,4.0 etc so a SM 3.0 game wont run on SM 2.0 Card....:-D
What?? No, if the Graphics settings are same across different GPUs then the game will look exactly same for every GPU, if you run Crysis @ say 1440x900, 2X AA, 16XAF and all settings @ very high on all GPUs then it will look exactly same across all GPUs, but you'll get low FPS on slow GPUs(9600GT,HD4830 etc), while get high FPS on faster GPUs(HD5850, GTX275 etc).

abhidev

Human Spambot

abhidev's budget is less than 8k...:))

Exactly KaranTh85:)....and when do u think the price will low down :huh?: ???? coz in between all this m missing hell lot of awesome games...man!!!!

Well i was planning to get a PS3 slim but then thought it won't be affordable at all to invest 2-3k in only games....so dropped the idea and now lookin for a video upgrade.

Also one more doubt....i have onboard 128mb graphics with shader model 2.0 support, but when i start COD4 it says SM2.0 detected and Vertex shader not found required for lighting transform.Now wats that:unsure:???

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

ow. okay. then wait for 1yr and HD5850 will be available for 8k :)

inside 8k, GTS250 or HD4850 1Gb should be good.

r4gs

In the zone

Krow is right. I never consulted anyone here before buying my psu. If you saw my earlier posts in the qna thread, i thought that the psu was better than the vx450. Whoever i spoke to recommended the cm600 saying it had more power than the vx450. The pc i bought was my very first, after a whole string of laptops so i never really had any idea about what was good. As mentioned earlier, nvidia recommended 550w so i thought the cm was sufficient. My system is comparatively unbalanced and i should have checked here before purchasing, this must have been about the time i was arguing about why the 4870 beats a gtx260 and ended up taking a 260 sonic for lack of availability. That time i didn't really know that 70+/80+ really mattered. I just read digit long enough to know that a cm or corsair was better than any generic psu and i thought i was on safe ground there. Anyway, lesson learnt and i'll be more careful in the future.
Also, i'm more confused than ever right now and i'm going to be doing some solid reading up till i figure out what exactly is the deal. :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
Sure man, no issue. I guess if you are really uncomfortable with your current PSU, try to find a good resale/exchange offer -- and getter a better one.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Also one more doubt....i have onboard 128mb graphics with shader model 2.0 support, but when i start COD4 it says SM2.0 detected and Vertex shader not found required for lighting transform.Now wats that:unsure:???
Note: One more important thing in GCards is shader model support for transform & lightning....coz whenever we start a game it looks for SM version like SM 2.0,3.0,4.0 etc so a SM 3.0 game wont run on SM 2.0 Card....

So, 1st check the Shader Model Support for COD 4 :))

Gowtham Saran

Right off the assembly line

i am having nvidia 9300 GS with 512 mb graphics memory, direct x 10 compatible . If anyone interested then contact me on 9042162769. otherwise send mail to firebits@gmail.com. I will give this card for 2.5-2k.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ Why would anyone spend around Rs.2.5K when they can get a 9400GT for the same price and by spending 500 bucks more a 9500GT.

BTW, if you are trying to sell this card create a new thread on Bazar section with necessary details :p

tkin

Back to school!!

Exactly KaranTh85:)....and when do u think the price will low down :huh?: ???? coz in between all this m missing hell lot of awesome games...man!!!!

Well i was planning to get a PS3 slim but then thought it won't be affordable at all to invest 2-3k in only games....so dropped the idea and now lookin for a video upgrade.

Some old onboard GPUs(Intel- gma 945) does not have a dedicated 2.0 vertex shader, the driver emulates it, so SM2.0 games(like- prince of persia- sands of time) won't run on it.

samar123

Broken In
which graphics card to buy??? help me plz!!

gonna buy a new pc....budget around 50000-60000...max...want it for gaming only, reeely confused as to which graphics card shud i go for and wat processor....best posible card....i ges itz nvidia geforce gtx 290??? i dunno much, guyz enlighten me....xcept for speakers wana change evrything....and wnt b able to upgrade it for like 3 yrs...so buyin d latest...

Hi guys I just wanted to confirm which one is better
1} 9600 GT 1GB for 5.2K
OR
2} 9800 GT 512 MB for 5.5K
Both of them have very less price diff. which one be better and by the way what is the current price HD 4830 .
pls reply soon

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

Hi guys I just wanted to confirm which one is better
1} 9600 GT 1GB for 5.2K
OR
2} 9800 GT 512 MB for 5.5K
Both of them have very less price diff. which one be better and by the way what is the current price HD 4830 .
pls reply soon

9800gt , try getting with better cooler - cause it heats up lot

Top Bottom