Graphics Cards related queries here.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

thats right - who cares which is good or bad - all we want to care is WE WORTH it !!:-o

Actually these debates are never ending... monotonous and never has an end. People who believe in something would continue to do so even though others try to make them understand the basic differences of it!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
That is why I follow this now..

Never argue on..

1. Intel vs AMD
2. ATI vs nVidia (drivers)
3. Crysis runs better on.....

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

My old thread of 9800GTX+ vs. HD4850 proves that 9800GTX+ ran better with AA and AF enabled in the games that I tested. Period.

robs246

Broken In

Hi All...

i just need to know which GPU cooler would be best for my graphics card (BFG GTS250OC)
The stock cooler does not do much by way of cooling...
after abt 90 mins of playing it gets heated up really high and the images on the screen begin to tear...
Please let me know what would be the best solution for this in a budget of 1-1.5k and if you know where i can get it from in Pune or online please provide those details as well..

Thanks,
Robs

Krow

Crowman

There is a Thermalright GPU cooler for about 2.2k not sure about model number. It comes bundled with 2x80mm fans. And it works well on the 4850 AFAIK.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

@Rob:
Are you using the latest forceware drivers...? Usually stock GPU HSF is fine...!

What PSU you have.

robs246

Broken In

@krow: know where i can buy it online or some place in pune preferably...

@asigh: yes the drivers are current.. i knew at the time of buyin the card that i will have to replace the stock cooler... just never got around to buying one.. read in the online reviews that the stock GPU cooler sucks. but the card works like a charm once u replace it..
got the card from the US.. but my friend who got it for me did nt get a chance to get the cooler...
i have a VIP GOLD 500W PSU...

Krow

Crowman

I dunno about pune, but I saw one at PrimeABGB, Mumbai. www.primeabgb.com
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
BFG is not available in India IIRC. I don't like your PSU. It may harm your rig that crap PSU. :(

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!

Can anyone tell me why HD5870 VaporX cost 400$ in US and 25k in India? Is this price right?

*www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hard...pphire-radeon-hd-5870-vapor-x-1gb-review.html

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

Can anyone tell me why HD5870 VaporX cost 400$ in US and 25k in India? Is this price right?

*www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hard...pphire-radeon-hd-5870-vapor-x-1gb-review.html

yes but here vapor x edition is not available

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V

OK.. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is out.. and I sold my beloved iPod Touch coz i need a graphics card.. So guys, I've 11k in hand.. I'm damn, damn confused between Palit GTX 260 (Rs 10600) & Sapphire 5770 (Rs 10600)... my current computer config is :-

AMD Phenom II 720 BE
Biostar TA790GX BE motherboard
2 GB DDR2 Kingston RAM @ 800 MHz...
1.2 TB of HDDs (yeah baby)
AOC 21.5" Full HD F22 Monitor...
Cooler Master Extreme 500 W PSU...

So, please please suggest a graphics card.....

PS :- I'm going to buy Nokia 5800 XM in a month so the card should've good GPU Transcoding muscles..
Posted again:
Currently running my friend's Sapphire Radeon 4890 since last 1.5 month on my PC.. no problem with PSU what so ever.. even overclocked the processor and the damn PSU was running awesome..

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

OK.. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is out.. and I sold my beloved iPod Touch coz i need a graphics card.. So guys, I've 11k in hand.. I'm damn, damn confused between Palit GTX 260 (Rs 10600) & Sapphire 5770 (Rs 10600)... my current computer config is :-

AMD Phenom II 720 BE

PS :- I'm going to buy Nokia 5800 XM in a month so the card should've good GPU Transcoding muscles..
Posted again:
Currently running my friend's Sapphire Radeon 4890 since last 1.5 month on my PC.. no problem with PSU what so ever.. even overclocked the processor and the damn PSU was running awesome..

Then y so doubted - PALIT GTX 260 - no way HD5770 is gona beat GTX 260 !!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Driver optimization to bring out raw performance

Ati still get weak in drivers ! u can't deny on this :arrow:

That's very true.

Just tried to install ATI gfx card drivers on a x1200 ( 690V chipset mobo ).
Do all necessary changes in bios prior that and uninstalled nvidia drivers. ( as friend was having a 7300GS on that mobo and he wanted to test the power of onboard gfx ). Driver installation failed by saying no compatible hardware found. Tried to install in safe mode but no success. Put that 7300GS back. Cleared the bios settings and every thing is up and running.
Posted again:
Then y so doubted - PALIT GTX 260 - no way HD5770 is gona beat GTX 260 !!

Zotac GTX 260 is avialable for only Rs. 9.3. HD5770 can only beat GTX 260 is DX 11 ( there was a app which can bench the DX11 ). But who cares for DX11.........can anyone quote some good DX11 games anyway ?

So Zotac GTX 260 @ Rs. 9.2-9.3K would be the best bet :p

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

^^ Offcourse i even like DX9 over DX10 - just in CRYSIS i like DX 10

Most of the games i play in DX 9 , give me 15 - 20 more FPS than DX 10

Who needs DX 10 , may be some one with over 28" inch monitor looking for real eyecandy can go for DX 11

Hmm then Zotac GTX 260 is not 55nm , its 65nm GPU !! AFIAK

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

AMD Phenom II 720 BE

Posted again:

Refuse to return your friends HD4890, and hand him the 11K you have. :)

Else go for the HD4890, you might need to add 1K more to your budget. Do not get a 5xxx series card. They are too-over priced.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Is the HD 5XXX series a DX-11 card & from what price they start...will it be a good idea 2 buy HD4870 now ??? :oops:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

HD5xxx is dx11 series.

cheapest one (HD5750) costs around 9k and is very overpriced.

go for Zotac GTX260 that is available for 9.5k now

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz

If you want to get HD5xxx and have the dough i think you can spend it on HD5870. If you can wait. Get HD5890, soon to be released, ridiculously expensive cards! Plus HD4870X2 isn't cheap as well.

abhidev

Human Spambot

Hey guys...m looking for a graphics card that is compatible with my motherboard ASUS P5GC-MX and also which should be able to play latest games like far cry2, POP, COD-5 modern warfare 2, splinter cell conviction...etc...pls help...my budget is 7-8K.Thanx in advance

Top Bottom