Graphics Cards related queries here.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

People, can my GF9800GTX+ hold on to these new games?

ACII
MW2
The Saboteur
Crysis 2 [For sure I'm gettin' this!]

Is this a good time to change the GPU?

U r playing in 19 inch rite its ok

Crysis 2 is graphics are lower than Crysis 1

Assassin creed 2 same grphics but physx added most places - only gameplay with various weapons & glides

as for The Saboteur - not much information

Modern warfare 2 its all u need to max out @ 1440 X 900 9800GTX is enough ,, in demo HD 4850 has maxed out Modern warfare 2
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Right now... none. I have Ubuntu 8.04 CD. Installed it, soon after my PC crashed. Never re-installed Linux and never got to use the drivers!

i am talking about FEDORA 8 , REDHAT linux version - Ati drivers has no support for it

Last edited:

Hi,
this is urgent.........
tomm gonna get my GPU ............ was planning for Palit GTX260-216, but its not available
other options are palit GTX260, ZOTAC 260 @ around 10K
and GTX 275 @14K

which one should i go for?

If GTX 275is worth that money I can buy it...........what u all suggest?
TIA ......:?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

GTX 275 will rock your system..go for it..if you can manage.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^ Ya the GTX275 is good, it will rock your system. If you can manage. GO FOR IT.

zotac is fine & also Palit GTX 275 is also good

But as u r using AMD - go for Sapphire HD 4890 1GB sure its worth - GTX 275 & HD 4890 are equal

but i guess GTX 275 is gud choice
as
1. physx
2. OCed 275 beats HD 4890
this is as far as I know.............. correct me if I m wrong....

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

but i guess GTX 275 is gud choice
as
1. physx
2. OCed 275 beats HD 4890
this is as far as I know.............. correct me if I m wrong....

probably out of 10 - 5 games won by GTX 275 then another 5 games won by HD 4890

Get GTX 275 for physx if u need - if u want premium brand go for EVGA 275 , dont get palit GTX 275 i think a GTX 275 from palit has been RMAed now

Zotac & EVGA are good now

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

zotac is fine & also Palit GTX 275 is also good

But as u r using AMD - go for Sapphire HD 4890 1GB sure its worth - GTX 275 & HD 4890 are equal

What has AMD Chipset got to do with deciding the GPU brand..?

@nikhil_mandlik:
Which ever GPU you decide, just pick the cheapest one, with the best bundle. All the cores are the same.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

What has AMD Chipset got to do with deciding the GPU brand..?

@nikhil_mandlik:
Which ever GPU you decide, just pick the cheapest one, with the best bundle. All the cores are the same.

FUSION buddy - but it increases 3 - 5 FPS only

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

^^
Ok. Its cricket..!

eeeeeeeeeeeee :evil:
its not cricket - when AMD introduced DRAGON platform they said wen using AMD chipset processor with ATI gpu using AMD overdrive the fusion can be done - with that only 3 FPS increased on games :p

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^
I meant...by saying "its cricket"..I buy what you have said / agree with you..regarding FUSION...!

tkin

Back to school!!

probably out of 10 - 5 games won by GTX 275 then another 5 games won by HD 4890

Get GTX 275 for physx if u need - if u want premium brand go for EVGA 275 , dont get palit GTX 275 i think a GTX 275 from palit has been RMAed now

Zotac & EVGA are good now
I think you mean EOLed, yes its done by nVidia to stop more losses.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

I think you mean EOLed, yes its done by nVidia to stop more losses.

its RMA ed only - tkin

palit is good even i am using it , but in case of GTX 275 i heard one card RMA ed after one week - no video on screen

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz

If you think about getting it online, try Asus! They really make rocking GPU's! Its available on lynx-india. Just check if GTX275 is available. but if your are stretching your budget then stretch it to HD5850, that a real deal!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ they don't make gpu ( graphics processing unit ). They buy it from either Nvidia or ATi and makes graphics card with the those gpu's from nvidia or ATI.

Yup, HD5850 is one hell of good deal for sure :p

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted

FAKE GRAPHICS CARD !!!
Wow guys just look at this , fake graphics cards sold in indian market , found it on another forum . The guy went in nehru place delhi to buy a 9600gt and look what he got
*www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/my-9600gt-not-performing-as-expected-150888.html
So a lesson to be learned is no matter if you pay a little more , always buy products of reputed brand !!!

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

FAKE GRAPHICS CARD !!!
Wow guys just look at this , fake graphics cards sold in indian market , found it on another forum . The guy went in nehru place delhi to buy a 9600gt and look what he got
*www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/my-9600gt-not-performing-as-expected-150888.html
So a lesson to be learned is no matter if you pay a little more , always buy products of reputed brand !!!

lol....how dumb he is :D :D

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

FAKE GRAPHICS CARD !!!

Yups, it is a fake one for sure. Looks like a 8xxx series, nVidia chip. The core chip build is G84. The shop where he got it from Cost to Cost is huge. Thousands of people buy stuff from there. They even have kiosks set up, to quickly check assembled parts prices, and total them up. But I always found the customer service close to crap. So never bought a thing from there. All the sellers are 100% noobs and idiots.

Hard to say if this is outright fraud or just a mess up from the manufacturer. Cause once the part is binned in the box, its only opened by the consumer.

Top Bottom