Graphics Cards related queries here.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Hi damngoodman999,
My Budget is 10,000 . I am using Atrix 500W SLI PSU.

The PSU is not good for cards over 5K

U need to get good PSU - CORSAIR VX450 is best bet costs u 4K

u can get HD 4850 1GB for 7.5K from sapphire !

Sapphire HD 4850 1GB is nice card !

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Can u tell me a useful link where i can see e5200 vs 7750 or 7850.....*www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/athlonx2_7850/ see this for 7850.....as far as i know on stock 7850 is better than e5200........

7850 B.E. is a higher clocked 7750 B.E. ( with increased default multiplier )

A 7750 be can OC max to 3.2Ghz ( stable )
a e5200 at 3Ghz can beat a 3.2Ghz 7750 B.E. So it can easily beat a 7850 be.

You can find a pic of 3Dmark06 score of 7750BE from desibond in which cpu score is not more than 2200.

But a OCed e5200 @ 3Ghz has cpu score of nearly 2800.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

true. 7750 was the worst Black Edition ever released by AMD. better get Intel E5200 or AMD Athlon II X2 250.

dixit8611

Journeyman

thanks for ur suggestions........ but my preference is gaming only........ and i am not gonna do anything else,can u tell me an intel mobo which can support overclocking in cheapest price. I mean under 3k .........

fatalcore

Journeyman

Hi,Today I enqired XFX NVIDIA GTX 1 Gb Rs.10.5 And 512MB Rs.8.5.
Can u people please suggest what should I do Or wait for few months for the price to fall?
Please Advide,
Thanks
fatalcore

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

thanks for ur suggestions........ but my preference is gaming only........ and i am not gonna do anything else,can u tell me an intel mobo which can support overclocking in cheapest price. I mean under 3k .........

A G31 should be available inside 3k but not at all a good board for overclocking.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

@fatalcore,

it's GTS250 and paying 10.5k for it is waste as you get Palit GTX260 Sonic edition for same price. GTS250 should be at around 8k price range.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V

Guess August is the right time for me to get a new graphics card.. but I'm really confused.. I've around 14-15k.. and I'm really confused between Sapphire
's 4890 and XFX GTX 275.. I've been using 4890 since last two days playing Crysis without any headaches at 768p (4x AA).. Its running smooth.. but the explosions don't look as good as they were on my old 8800 GT..

I also tried converting a movie for my iPod Touch with the help of AVIVIO Video Converter.. but it said that the following format is not supported.. so please help guys. what're your views 4890 or 275 ??

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Guess August is the right time for me to get a new graphics card.. but I'm really confused.. I've around 14-15k.. and I'm really confused between Sapphire
's 4890 and XFX GTX 275.. I've been using 4890 since last two days playing Crysis without any headaches at 768p (4x AA).. Its running smooth.. but the explosions don't look as good as they were on my old 8800 GT..

I also tried converting a movie for my iPod Touch with the help of AVIVIO Video Converter.. but it said that the following format is not supported.. so please help guys. what're your views 4890 or 275 ??

Not being a fanboy here...but I would recommend the HD4890

For it:
1. Is almost neck-to-neck with the GTX285.
2. Beats the GTX275 in most games (except Crysis).
3. Runs cooler then the GTX275.
4. Less power hungry then GTX275. (Load)
5. Overclocks like crazy. (memory reaches 1 GHZ).

Against it:
1. Bad fan profile.
2. Loud under load.
3. Slightly high power consumption under idle.
4. Probably last of the HD4XXX series. 5XXX series are around the corner.
5. HD4870 is close to HD4890 for performance.

Price wise the Powecolor HD4890 ( RS. 13,838 ) and Palit GTX 275 ( RS. 13,838 ) are both the same. (Lynx Chandigarh). Though the XFX one is slightly more.

Am using 2 x HD4890 [Crossfire] and am having a blast. For a month I was on one card, even then I could play most games maxed out to full.

You can read this review also.

Best of luck. Let us know, what you decide...!

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

Not being a fanboy here...but I would recommend the HD4890

For it:
1. Is almost neck-to-neck with the GTX285.
2. Beats the GTX275 in most games (except Crysis).
3. Runs cooler then the GTX275.
4. Less power hungry then GTX275. (Load)
5. Overclocks like crazy. (memory reaches 1 GHZ).

Against it:
1. Bad fan profile.
2. Loud under load.
3. Slightly high power consumption under idle.
4. Probably last of the HD4XXX series. 5XXX series are around the corner.
5. HD4870 is close to HD4890 for performance.

Price wise the Powecolor HD4890 ( RS. 13,838 ) and Palit GTX 275 ( RS. 13,838 ) are both the same. (Lynx Chandigarh). Though the XFX one is slightly more.

Am using 2 x HD4890 [Crossfire] and am having a blast. For a month I was on one card, even then I could play most games maxed out to full.

You can read this review also.

Best of luck. Let us know, what you decide...!

HD 4890 is good card but donot touches GTX 285

GTX 280 keeps up with HD 4890

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V

@asigh ... looking at your siggy.. i think that your CPU is a bottleneck to the crossfired cards.. i think that you shd go for a high performance quad core.. Intel Q9550 or AMD Phenom II 940..

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

@asigh ... looking at your siggy.. i think that your CPU is a bottleneck to the crossfired cards.. i think that you shd go for a high performance quad core.. Intel Q9550 or AMD Phenom II 940..

Yes..I know that. Though thanks for the suggestion. I am planning to get the exact same quad (Q9550) you have suggested.

The only reason I am not doing so right now, do not have time, to dismantle the system, and mount the new CPU. But yes, the Q9550 will definately open up the Xfire.

Grim Reaper

Right off the assembly line

hey guys , i need a little help here my machine config is as follows
AMD 939 Athlon 3000+
1 GB ddr 1 ram
160 gb hdd seagate
XFX 6800 gs graphics card
Viewsonic 17 inch monitor

The problem i have is that my graphic card died on me this morning, my dealer is offering me a 8400 with 256 mb ram for 1300 bucks, I have a budget of abt 5-6 k . Kindly suggest an appropriate card for me . The system is used mostly to play games and net surfing and i try to run all the games on it even if it runs at lowest settings

Top Bottom