Graphics Cards related queries here.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

ATI: Sapphire, XFX, ASUS.
nVidia: XFX, EVGA, Gigabyte, ASUS.

Also, Palit, PowerColor and Zotac are great brands for VFM cards, best one being Palit

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Just go for the cheapest one you find.

Believe me..all the GPUs are the same. Bigger companies (XFX,EVGA) just charge more for the brand. They are all reference ATI or nVidia. Yes -- you can pay extra if the bundle is better, or they have a modified cooler mounted.

Look for the following ranking most to least important: (Once you decide your model example 4850, GTS250

Look for the following specific to your needs, and India.

1. Price. (Online you will get it better--Lynx, IT Wares etc)
2. Customer Support. (Will they provide support in India -- your town. What are the RMA procedures).
3. Bundle. (HDMI adapter, digital to analog adapter, S-Video cables, molex to PCI.E Converters x how many)
4. Cooler mount (for OC--down the line)

And research the following:

1. How powerfull is the GPU.
2. Future scalability.
3. Do you have the current PSU/UPS requirements.
4. Is it really the right card for your use.

I personally researched my GPU(s) for days before deciding on it. I read like 20 something reviews..went to many forums. Your GPU will probably be the single most expensive component in your system set up...!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ sandeepk - Buy a new PSU ( suggested on earlier posts )

@ Rockstar09 - desibond suggested you quite good brands but I would say for ATi Sapphire or Palit & For Nvidia Palit, Zotac or EVGA

Arnab boss

In the zone

Hi guys.., I need a graphics card within 10k...'

I want 2 play games @ 1920* 1080 resolutions....'

I have chosen ati hd 4770 is this one is better than hd 4870...'

I will xfire it later and want good performance ...' and won't change it in nxt 3 yrs...'

I have phenom 2 940 with ga ma790gp - ud4h mobo and Corsair 4gb ram with tx 750...'

Is this psu is enough to power my rig with 2 hd 4770 in xfire and whole system in a cm 690...'

Plz suggest quickly as I will buy in this week...?

loktar

Broken In

for those who are still confused about the choice between gts 250 and hd 4850 , looking at the present state of the market , my recommendation will be gts 250 anyday.....
couple of website may claim hd 4850 outperforms gts 250 but i beg to DISAGREE...

before i bought my gfx card i researched thoroughly and at all the websites that i swear by for gfx benchmarking show gts 250 is a WAY better performer..

*www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1772/galaxy_geforce_gts_250_1gb_graphics_card/index9.html

*www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/bfg_gts250_oc/7.htm

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gts-250,2172.html

*www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/palit-gf250gts.html

*www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=674

*techreport.com/articles.x/16504/1

*www.guru3d.com/article/palit-geforce-gts-250-2048mb-review-test/1

now i know gts 250 = rebranded 9800gtx = 8800 gts g92... but the issue here is the most vfm card and not the label of the card itself.... at kolkata at least gts 250 costs around 7.3k but 4850 is around 7.5k so price diff is negligible here...

also note that palit gts 250 comes with a monster cooler that idles at 45c and at load max 60c..... but can't say that for 4850 (except for palit sonic edition which is priced at least 1k higher).. though people claim that bios tweaked 4850 runs a bit cooler honestly i found no way to verify this so on the thermal context gts 250 again is a safer bet...:p

the only cards that stand out actually are ati 4870 or nvidia 260 gtx and above but they belong to a higher price segment..

ati 4770 can be a good alternative but availability issues and ridiculous pricing make it a very difficult choice....:-?

Last edited:

falumittir

Broken In

@falumittir

get atleast 9600gt 512mb or 9800gt 512mb

9500 is not worth. It gives only little extra performance than your 8400.
so get 9600gt or 9800gt

i would go for 9800gt or ati HD4770 :)

@raj

thanks for replying buddy...........point noted............but my initial porblem remains the same.......i guess 9600 & 9800, both the cards are PCI E 2 cards.........i am using Intel DG41TY mother board.........& this one comes with a PCIE 1 slot........so technically i cant put these two cards in my mother board.......i really dont want to buy a new mobo right now......can you suggest me a PCI E 1 card in nVidia 9 series or ATI equivalant series that will go with i.e. compatable with my mobo............

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ Arnab boss - Get the Powercolor Radeon 4870 512MB as desibond suggested & later get another one & CF them :p & yes your PSU is enough to handle those beasts :p

raj_v1982

Broken In

@raj

thanks for replying buddy...........point noted............but my initial porblem remains the same.......i guess 9600 & 9800, both the cards are PCI E 2 cards.........i am using Intel DG41TY mother board.........& this one comes with a PCIE 1 slot........so technically i cant put these two cards in my mother board.......i really dont want to buy a new mobo right now......can you suggest me a PCI E 1 card in nVidia 9 series or ATI equivalant series that will go with i.e. compatable with my mobo............

@ falumittir
all graphic cards can be used in your mobo :)
all cards are compatible with your mobo :p

so get 9800gt or gts 250 or ati 4850 :p

Rahul Kavlekar

Broken In

I have AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 2800+1.60 GHz,512MB RAM,
RAM Slots 2 DDR DIMM,
Expansion Slots 3 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 CNR
Resolution 1024 x 768
Color Depth 32-bit

Recommend me a good graphics card compatible with my PC.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

@ Arnab boss - Get the Powercolor Radeon 4870 512MB as desibond suggested & later get another one & CF them :p & yes your PSU is enough to handle those beasts :p

This suggestion sounds good for Arnab. Not familiar with AMD processors/chipsets. :(

But is his processor and motherboard over clockable. XFire is of no use unless you can really OC and pull the full juice from multi-GPUs.

Also is his motherboard x16 x16 or x8 x8..?

Arnab boss

In the zone

thanks guys...,but i am getting xfx hd 4770 @ 7500 and 2 of them will cost me 15k so is hd 4770 is good as i read some post that if it were put in xfire than it can b similar to gtx 280 and can handle the latest games in high resulations..../

so guys should i go 4 hd4770 or hd 4870...!

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz

I am looking for a animation oriented graphics card. Will be pairing it with an AMD X4 955 or i7 920 (not sure) WIll NVIDIA Quadro be okay with a AMD Proccy ? Also if someone could kindly let me know the prices (mid -high performance)

falumittir

Broken In

@ falumittir
all graphic cards can be used in your mobo :)
all cards are compatible with your mobo :p

so get 9800gt or gts 250 or ati 4850 :p

@raj

thanks again.......i am bit nVidia fan :smile: so my preference is 9800 GT.....now my question (here i go again ! ! !) is i am using a Zabronix Platinum 500 wat PSU.....is that sufficient.........if not then shall i go for 9600 GT (plz plz plz :sad: don't even think of suggesting to buy a new PSU :cry:)

once again thank u for ur help.... :smile:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

This suggestion sounds good for Arnab. Not familiar with AMD processors/chipsets. :(

But is his processor and motherboard over clockable. XFire is of no use unless you can really OC and pull the full juice from multi-GPUs.

Also is his motherboard x16 x16 or x8 x8..?

Chipset :

North Bridge: AMD 790GX
South Bridge: AMD SB750
& HT BUS is 5200/2000 MT/s

So this one can OC pretty easily :p

BTW, they supports CF in x8 x8 mode ( just found it today )

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent

where to find palit in delhi???

My budget is 7.5K to the max... suggest a gfx card... chose palit gts 250 but unable to fine it... dont want to buy Powercooler cards for nobody has used them...

previously had XFX 8600GT.. got fried and warranty too fried!

Last edited:
Top Bottom