Graphics Cards related queries here.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

don't worry about pci-e 1 or 2. you won't find much difference for GTS250. all you have to worry about is whether the pc has PCI-E slot or not.

bippukt

In the zone

don't worry about pci-e 1 or 2. you won't find much difference for GTS250. all you have to worry about is whether the pc has PCI-E slot or not.

It has a PCI express slot alright :) (And if I am wrong, I will eat grass and buy a new mobo, proccy and whatever else is necessary :cool:)

Well, my cousin has gone to the comp shop to get the GTS 250 and the power supply. Corsair is not available, but i-ball and Cooler Master is. I will take a look at the Cooler Master models available and then decide which one to take.

bippukt

In the zone

Well, I (or my cousin - it's not final yet :D) bought XFX GTS 250 512 MB for Rs 8500.

Power supply was a bit tricky, and I couldn't find a single rail 12V PSU. So we settled for a 600W Cooler Master Extreme Duo with 2 12V rails with 18 amps each. Hopefully, that won't be a problem.

Now, it's game time :D

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

@bippukt, 8.5k for GT250 is a bit high given that you can now get HD4870 for 9.3k

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

How is MSI as a brand?
My friend just bougth an MSI 4850...

I have a MSI P45 Platinum Motherboard.

Hardware point of view it is pretty good.

But their support manuals (translated from mandarin/chinese), and driver disks (do not auto fire, have to search your component set ups) are bad.

What all you got in the GPU bundle..how much was the cost..!

Arnab boss

In the zone

Guys any suggestion 4 xfx hd 4770 in xfire or any other comparable to this in single card...'

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

@Arnab, Just get GTX275 or HD4890 which are cheaper than 2x HD4770 and gives same or better performance.

bippukt

In the zone

@bippukt, 8.5k for GT250 is a bit high given that you can now get HD4870 for 9.3k

I know it's not the best, but I couldn't find either HD4850 or 4870 here. Besides, I have got a liking for Nvidia gfx cards. And I also got good reviews for GTS250.

raj_v1982

Broken In

i wanted to buy psu for my computer, i can't find crosair or coolermaste psu :(
where can i get coolermaster psu in madurai ???
I asked in premier systems , but they don't have it :( :cry:
they have only zebro pro 500w only :( that to , they give only by order :(
madurai people help me :-(

(sorry for my bad english)

r4gs

In the zone

I've been using my gtx 260 sonic for a 45 days and can report the following,

All at 1600x900 max settings, max af

Crysis 24fps no aa
far cry 2 46fps full aa
half life 2 240fps no aa (aa screws up the hud)
STALKER 115fps no aa (aa screws up the crosshair)
Dead space 130fps full aa
Call of duty 2/4 90fps full aa
GRID 55fps full aa.
Cryostasis demo 16fps no aa (game crash no matter what, i'm guessing demo trouble)
Codename panzers 18fps no aa.

3d mark vantage 1440x900, performance, no aa- 10295/29506

The performance while not at par with the online scores, is still satisfactory. I think the cpu is a huge bottleneck. Especially in crysis. I get a steady 24 no matter what happens on screen. Even aa makes no difference.

Conclusion: If you're getting a 260, get a better processor. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Nice Little Review :p

One suggestion : Get a good cpu cooler & OC the hell out of your CPU. OC it to 3.6Ghz at-least & the bottleneck should be gone :p

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Nice Little Review :p

One suggestion : Get a good cpu cooler & OC the hell out of your CPU. OC it to 3.6Ghz at-least & the bottleneck should be gone :p

+1...I shall be doing the same (very soon)..regarding the OC.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

ah okay. atleast you should have bargained!! GTS250 512 MB card is available for 7k and not for 8.5k. For that price you could've got 1Gb card.

bippukt

In the zone

ah okay. atleast you should have bargained!! GTS250 512 MB card is available for 7k and not for 8.5k. For that price you could've got 1Gb card.

I couldn't find an HD4850 here, nor a Corsair or even a decent CM PSU, so you can guess what the situation is here. The 1 GB card was available for 10400, which is too expensive IMO, especially since I have a 1440X900 resolution display.

The games are running great on my cousin's Core 2 duo PC, so I am having great fun. Far Cry 2@ultra high is great fun :D

bippukt

In the zone

that's damn costly. where did you buy that card from?

From Business Infosys in Lucknow - couldn't find anyone else and the guy never tries to skim you. I told him that it was expensive but he said that was the only price he could get it at.

He has never sold anything above 9800GT by the looks of it - I had to tell the guy who installed the GPU that he needed to connect the 6 pin power cable into the graphics card or else it won't run.

Things were so much simpler when I was in Mumbai - I just went to Lamington road with list and I got it at the right price :)

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

Recently I got palit GF 8400 GS Super512mb DDR2 64 B card. its PCI - E with Dual Link DVI /HDMI port along with VGA

Its installed OK but my query is that....
I got a small Wire along with it & there is small "AUDIO IN" slot on the graphic card(Inside Just above the fan). Whats the use of that wire & where do I connect it on my Mother board (Intel D946 GZIS)

*www.palit.biz/product/vga/picture/Bp00769-pic3.jpg

currently I 've installed the card & working ok but is there any need to change My cabinet with good power supply & cooling fans
I'm having I ball Itower cabinet (400W pS not sure) with sinle fan
Intel MB D946 GZIS
Intel C2D 1.80GHZ processor E 4300
660GB Segate sata HDD
3 GB DDR2 Ram
LG DVD Writer.

thanks in adv.

Top Bottom