Graphics Cards related queries here.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

infact, HD4770 doesn't need a premium cooler. the basic one rocks and runs pretty cool with minimal noise.

Rishi87

Broken In

Ya, noise is the freakin' factor with a premium card though it's better looking one. Any other brand offers premium design other than XFX?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

gigabyte and MSI are coming up with passive cooler and premium coolers. you may have to wait for few more weeks.

tkin

Back to school!!

Palit GTX sonic

Idle = 50

Load = 65

Full Load = 73
Is your fan speed set to auto? Because mine is set to auto and mine's idles @ 60c and maxes out @ 73c with furmark @ 36c ambient, may be due to my card being factory OC with reference cooler.

saiyaman

Journeyman

Hello all, my friend has the following config:
Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo E2180
RAM:2GB DDR2 RAM
Motherboard: ASUS P5G-MX
Graphics:Using Onboard

Now he wants to buy a Graphic card to boost his gaming experience but his parent have allowed him a budget of 2k. He isn't like wanting all games at MAX graphics, just that he wants a decent card with Shader Model 3.0 support. Kindly suggest a card which is good in performance for that budget.

Also please tell me the prices of 7600GT and 8600GT. Thanks in advance. :)

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

^^
9500GT /256512MB GDDR3
or
HD4550 512MB GDDR3

Check price list for details.

saiyaman

Journeyman

Oh thanks. Could you link me to the latest price list please? I couldn't find that thread. :)

jackal_79

Get Digit ized

I need urgent help.Recently my PC had a display issue i.e no display.Checked and found problem was with my graphics card(XFX 8600 GT).Since it is in warranty i went to dealer for replacement.He checked and told that there is lot of rust on the graphics card due to which it is not working.And since it is physical damage they won't be able to replace it.So in short iam searching for a good graphics card.My configuration is as follows:

MoBo: XFX 650i Ultra
PSU: Zebronics 500 W.

Can any one suggest a good graphics card.Budget is below 9000.Will GeForce 9800 / HD 4850 work in this config?.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

if your budget is below 9k, look for Palit HD4850 that comes with GDDR5 memory else go for HD4770 (if you can find it). You may need to get a better PSU.

At what resolution do you game?

mvijay

Right off the assembly line

I am planning to buy GA-EP45-UD3L mobo for E7400.

my old sys D845WN intel board i have zebronics FX5600 gfx card.

can i use this old card with the above mobo.

i will be buying new gfx card later.

for the time being i want to use my older one.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

Is your fan speed set to auto? Because mine is set to auto and mine's idles @ 60c and maxes out @ 73c with furmark @ 36c ambient, may be due to my card being factory OC with reference cooler.

My card factory OCed too , first it shows the 61c @idle then open the side panel of the cabinet made good ventilation after that only 10c reduced but some games take load temperature to 72c ,, medium level games takes 68c on Load

if u use Bijli cabinet make good ventilation when u gaming open up the side panels

surinder

Tech addict

I always left open both the side panels of my PC really bad is isn't it.;-):razz::razz:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

no its really good keep the Table fan in front of the Side panels it will be really cool :lol:

Dont let dust enters the Case !!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

My card factory OCed too , first it shows the 61c @idle then open the side panel of the cabinet made good ventilation after that only 10c reduced but some games take load temperature to 72c ,, medium level games takes 68c on Load

if u use Bijli cabinet make good ventilation when u gaming open up the side panels

72c is fine for the card upto load. High end cards, can easily sustain +90C constantly...! Thats why we pay so much for them. Though: how many fans you have..on the cabinet.

dixit8611

Journeyman

Hi guys, i have recently bought palit GTX 260 sonic (896 mb) but i am not getting comfertable frame rates in crysis ( 28 frame avg)
I read reviews of getting 48 fps . What is the reason ? Is it my processor ?
my config- M2N MX SE mobo , AMD 4000 +, 2 GB DDR2 667 MHZ and palit GTX 260 sonic ........I am goin to increase my RAM to 4GB DDR2 800,will it help.......... plz help

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Hi guys, i have recently bought palit GTX 260 sonic (896 mb) but i am not getting comfertable frame rates in crysis ( 28 frame avg)
I read reviews of getting 48 fps . What is the reason ? Is it my processor ?
my config- M2N MX SE mobo , AMD 4000 +, 2 GB DDR2 667 MHZ and palit GTX 260 sonic ........I am goin to increase my RAM to 4GB DDR2 800,will it help.......... plz help

See, 48 FPS is possible with a GTX 260 GPU --- But it also depends on the over all system hardware. Increasing RAM is good ( more the merrier :) ). But it will not give you a jump of 20 FPS -- never. What was the overall configuration of the system where you read the quote '48 FPS'.?