Graphics Cards related queries here.

rohitk225

Right off the assembly line
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

graphics card within 7000 to 8000 max (excluding SMPS) i dont want SMPS ive already got 600watt..juz tell me graphics card...

philipmb

Please suggest a graphics card for the following system configuration:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.79 Mhz
MotherBoard: MSI MSRS482M2-IL with PCI - E v1.0a
Ram: 512Mb x 2 DDR (200Mhz)
Is ATI HD 4670 suitable? I have a 17" CRT monitor from LG. I am a casual gamer and I intend to run the games at medium setting. I am hoping run games like Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis.
Though I don't understand what "bottleneck" means, will my configuration behave like one with this card?

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

^^ Don't buy a card. Buy a new PC. Say 30k budget. Even that budget will get you a very good PC, 100x better than the current one.

tushargupta

Broken In

Athlon X2 4400+ 2.3 Ghz, 2*1 GB RAM 800Mhz Dual channel, Asus M2A-VM mobo, XFX 8600GT, 320GB sata HDD, 22" monitor, intex 450watt powersupply.

Will my config support hd4770 ? how much performance gain i will get if i upgrade with everything else same ? will it be worth?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

True. I had the same processor and the bottleneck was clearly visible when I added HD4770. It's better to upgrade the CPU and get new GPU.

amogh

Broken In

hey i have an xfx 8600 gt 512 mb ddr2
when its idle it runs at temp of 68 degree when under stress its temperature rises upto 86 degree is this temperature normal the graphic card is not overclocked
how can i lower the temperature

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Please suggest a graphics card for the following system configuration:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.79 Mhz
MotherBoard: MSI MSRS482M2-IL with PCI - E v1.0a
Ram: 512Mb x 2 DDR (200Mhz)
Is ATI HD 4670 suitable? I have a 17" CRT monitor from LG. I am a casual gamer and I intend to run the games at medium setting. I am hoping run games like Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis.
Though I don't understand what "bottleneck" means, will my configuration behave like one with this card?

Just get a another GB of ram.it should be Rs. 1.8K.
OC your proc to 2.2 Ghz & buy the HD4670. You should be good to go.

But if budget permits then switching to new rig isd recommended as comp@ddict already told you.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Athlon X2 4400+ 2.3 Ghz, 2*1 GB RAM 800Mhz Dual channel, Asus M2A-VM mobo, XFX 8600GT, 320GB sata HDD, 22" monitor, intex 450watt powersupply.

Will my config support hd4770 ? how much performance gain i will get if i upgrade with everything else same ? will it be worth?

your config is jusrt right. You will get more performance than a 9800GT:p
in gaming & other gfx related apps. BTW, It's recommended to change your PSU & get atleast a zebronics 500 pure platinum Rs. 1.5K or so or CoolerMaster Extreme Power Plus 460W Rs. 2.5K

r4gs

In the zone

I'm taking an ati hd 4870. Its a pcie2.0 card and i'm not really sure which intel motherboard chipsets support it. Any suggestions?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

@r4gs, wait for Gainward HD4850. It costs the same as the other cards but performance is lot lot better. Wait for it and get it. as for motherboard, any mobo with PCI-E slot should do.

philipmb

Just get a another GB of ram.it should be Rs. 1.8K.
OC your proc to 2.2 Ghz & buy the HD4670. You should be good to go.

But if budget permits then switching to new rig isd recommended as comp@ddict already told you.

Buying a new rig is out of the question. I bought a machine with a free PCI E slot so that I could add a graphics card in the future. I will get the RAM. Are there any issue with using a 1GB in parellel to the 512s? Can you recommend any other graphics which can be used without having to overclock my AMD...at least to run most of the current games.? i usually play at 1024 * 768 at medium setting...so I am willing to sacrifice some of the eye candy.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

hey i have an xfx 8600 gt 512 mb ddr2
when its idle it runs at temp of 68 degree when under stress its temperature rises upto 86 degree is this temperature normal the graphic card is not overclocked
how can i lower the temperature

Yes, dont worry.

r4gs

In the zone

Desiibond
I'm getting the 4870 for 10k. Only 2k more than the 4850 and at least a 10% performance difference. Why i want a pcie 2 mobo is because the gcard supports it and has twice the bandwidth of pcie1.

Just found the solution. It seems intel x38 series chipsets support pcie2.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

dude. every new mobo that is coming out into market supports PCIe 2.0. Don't waste money on X38 boards. They are extremely costly.

For Intel processor, here are few boards that will meet your needs

P45 chipset, PCIe 2.0, around 6k *www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2844

P45 Chipset, PCIe 2.0, crossfire, around 8.5k *www.giga-byte.com/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2842

ASUS P5Q
ASUS P5Q Pro

There are tons of boards available with PCIe 2.0 slot.

Top Bottom