Graphics Cards related queries here.

D

Deleted member 26636

Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

@767hsm.221bx:The card without using oc from overdrive is not oc'ed(i.e. by default a standard version is not oc'ed).What happens is that graphic card operates in two modes , the 2-d mode(like applications like word, excel,watching movies ) and the 3d mode(for gaming and 3d stuff like benchmarks).When it is running in 2-d mode it dynamically lowers its core speed to 500Mhz, so as to use less power and in 3-d mode powers itself to the standard clocks of 625Mhz(memory clocks do not change).

thanx..now i understand..so this means when i am playing games the card runs at 665 & 1038mhz & when its idle it runs at 500 & 993mhz?

tkin

Back to school!!

thanx..now i understand..so this means when i am playing games the card runs at 665 & 1038mhz & when its idle it runs at 500 & 993mhz?
Do you know about Intel Speedstep or nVidia Hybrid Power mode? Then compare your experiance to that.

Read here about Intel Speedstep and compare;*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpeedStep

monkey

Padawan

Just for the information: ATI HD4870 NOW FOR $199 AT NEWEGG... *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/27.png

Is it signs of things to come? *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/15.png

D

Deleted member 26636

Do you know about Intel Speedstep or nVidia Hybrid Power mode? Then compare your experiance to that.

Read here about Intel Speedstep and compare;*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpeedStep

Thanx for clearing my doubts.

RMN

In the zone

just a quick question guys.
which of the 9800's fall in the segment of 4850 and 4870?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26636

ok...another problem..i said in an earlier post that i used the auto tune feature in CCC to set clock speeds to 665mhz & 1038mhz from the default 625 & 993mhz..techpowerup's gpu-z detected the speeds as 665 & 1038.now the problem is these values are not saved, so when i restart my pc & run gpu-z it shows the speeds as 625 & 993mhz..i have to use CCC again to set my clocks .what should i do to keep my settings saved?

mib2_007

Broken In

guys palit normal 4850 is for 9500 here in delhi and for 12000 for sonic edition, thats insane prising I thinkk.

mib2_007

Broken In

but someone said that it should be around 10000-10500 I mean for sonic edition

D

Deleted member 26636

but someone said that it should be around 10000-10500 I mean for sonic edition

well it is supposed to be so.. theitwares.com quotes it as rs11400..but when i went to buy my graphic card i asked its price(although it was not available at that time)at several shops in lamington..they all said it was above 12,000/-

yash2006

Everything is possible

hi friends there is some strange problem with my good old big 7600gs.it used to work fine in past but when i tried to use it tomorrow ,the graphics were cracked.it got detected as a 7600gs and i installed latest nvidia drivers and rebooted as usual but windows stopped working or hanged after booting .it only loaded in safe mode but graphics were still cracked/shredded.i tried to use old drivers also but no help.i used it on both xp and vista but same problem on both os.gpuz shows this :- card name :7600gs , pixel filrate -n/a,texture filrate -n/a, bandwidth-n/a , gpu clock -0mhz , memory clock -0 mhz.i run this on intel 946z motherboard and intel 2180 and trnscend 2gb ram.plz help guys.

D

Deleted member 26636

sorry for being a noob here but how can i check the framerates when playing games? do i need any software for it?

tkin

Back to school!!

just a quick question guys.
which of the 9800's fall in the segment of 4850 and 4870?
Well, a 9800GTX+ performs more or less like a HD4850, GTX260 competes with HD4870, and GTX280 beats all(except HD4870x2)

mib2_007

Broken In

well it is supposed to be so.. theitwares.com quotes it as rs11400..but when i went to buy my graphic card i asked its price(although it was not available at that time)at several shops in lamington..they all said it was above 12,000/-
that mean it is for 12K approx, thr was also a news about price cuts, has it some weight to it?

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

the excise duty is now 4% so price will cut asap

Last edited:
Top Bottom