Graphics Cards related queries here.

ToxinX

Right off the assembly line
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Well i am starting to sound like a broken record but here's the scene:

I am tired of searching for Toxic and Sonic editions of the 4850. So i need a final piece of advice:

Sapphire HD 4850 with Dual SLot Heatsink or MSI R4850?

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

My pc config is as follows:
AMD Sempron processor
Nvidia Geforce 6150 SE gfx card
1 Gb ddr2 Ram

Can u please help me know about the performance of my gfx card for playing new games and also the required settings for that...

Is my gfx card a bad one...? If that is the case then please suggest me to exchange this for a new one with which i can play the latest games w/o any problem...And also give me the estimated cost of exchange...Thanks in advance....

waiting for a reply ...please...

You actually dont have a grafix card coz the 6150SE is an IGP :p. And if you need a buying advice, post your budget.

BTW, new cards will be bottleneck on your system with only 1GB RAM and a Sempron CPU.

D

Deleted member 26636

Well i am starting to sound like a broken record but here's the scene:

I am tired of searching for Toxic and Sonic editions of the 4850. So i need a final piece of advice:

Sapphire HD 4850 with Dual SLot Heatsink or MSI R4850?

IMO, the sapphire card is better.although i could be wrong.
BTW,are you from mumbai?

tkin

Back to school!!

I dont use any after market cooler on PALIT HD 4850 ,

IDLE = 42 - 45

ON LOAD "games like crysis , farcry2" = 58 - 61

it never crossed 62degrees LOAD on Overclocking up to 675/1033
Wow, that's some cool card, my EVGA 9800GTX+ SC is always between
53c @ idle to 65c @ max load(Crysis), your idle is waaay cooler, may be the fuss about ATI cards overheating is crap.

ANYWAY has anyone played Splinter Cell or Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow in any nVidia 8,9 series card? I seem to having some issues with lighting, the projected lights does'nt fall on the ground, the problem is solved when I use my ATI X1950XTX card, any help here?

ashray99923

Broken In
powercolour,asus 4830 vs palit 4850

is that well if i get the powercolor or asus 4830.insted of palit hd4850..since it running hot.........also powercolor is cheaper....and according to benchmarks there not significance difference beetween two.........i am not a hardcore gamer.....and i like to play racing games like dirt,grid,nfs undercover...

srinivasdevulapally

The Masterminded

You actually dont have a grafix card coz the 6150SE is an IGP :p. And if you need a buying advice, post your budget.

BTW, new cards will be bottleneck on your system with only 1GB RAM and a Sempron CPU.

10 K is my budget...please suggest me... and at what price will the old ones (mobo and processor) go for..?
They are actually bought 3 months ago..

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

U can try extending the budget to 15k or near that and get:

E5200 @ 4.4k
Gigabyte G31 @ 2.8k
1GB DDR2 @ 0.8k(u already have 1GB so total 2GB, and make sure the frequencies are same)
HD4670 @ 5.4k or HD4650 @ 4.8k

Total is ~ 12k.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

10 K is my budget...please suggest me... and at what price will the old ones (mobo and processor) go for..?
They are actually bought 3 months ago..

Dont expect more than 2.8-3.2k for RAM/mobo/proccy

I suggest that you save up, and get a E5200/ASUS P5K PLVM/2GB DDR2 667MHz RAM and a Palit HD4850

Total will be 18k for the above mentioned config... and if you minus 3k for the proccy/mobo/ram you currently have, thats 15k and its totally worth it IMO! Will give you good gaming experience.

D

Deleted member 26636

Maybe i shouldn't be posting this but digit mag awarded the zotac 9800gtx amp edition the zero1 award.the card retails at 10,555.hd4850 wasn't even a challenger!

mib2_007

Broken In

Maybe i shouldn't be posting this but digit mag awarded the zotac 9800gtx amp edition the zero1 award.the card retails at 10,555.hd4850 wasn't even a challenger!
r u serious? if it is gtx+ then it cud bee a worthy card at that price but 4850 BLOWS away gtx card

D

Deleted member 26636

r u serious? if it is gtx+ then it cud bee a worthy card at that price but 4850 BLOWS away gtx card

yes i'm serious.in the high-end series the palit hd4870 sonic 1gb wins. In the mid range the zotac 9800gtx amp edition(not gtx+) & in the entry level segment the Evga 9600gt wins.
Me shocked.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

yes i'm serious.in the high-end series the palit hd4870 sonic 1gb wins. In the mid range the zotac 9800gtx amp edition(not gtx+) & in the entry level segment the Evga 9600gt wins.
Me shocked.

See u should understand the REVIEWS in here and in the magazines ,( For.example=> 9800gtxamp is good performance boost like sonic."9800gtxamp = standard9800gtx+"
HD 4850 is value for money and performance .

See there are lot of fake reviews and marketing going on here in this forum . "See EVGA 9800gtxamp" is really good card but u have u analyze something in the "DIGIT MAG" completely 9800gtx+ is competitor for the HD4850 were 9800gtx surely wins in 3D mark 06 the HD 4850.

But STILL TRUSTABLE MAGAZINE IS "DIGIT MAGAZINE" IN INDIA , cause u should check with the price also see when 9800gtxamp is 12800/- and HD 4850 is 9300/-
both are same performance spending 3k on 9800gtx is think:confused:??.so DIGIT MAG always recommend the featured GFX card and quality . still NVIDIA carries the featured GFX card."In Nvidia SLI of 9800gtxamp work in many games and beats every single card on the planet"

ATI was successfull in the 4XXX series but before that NIVIDIA captured the place for many years.

if u r buying the NewGraphics card or any computer peripherals always check with the USER who is using the same product can assume the exact result of the product.

D

Deleted member 26636

See u should understand the REVIEWS in here and in the magazines ,( For.example=> 9800gtxamp is good performance boost like sonic."9800gtxamp = standard9800gtx+"
HD 4850 is value for money and performance .

See there are lot of fake reviews and marketing going on here in this forum . "See EVGA 9800gtxamp" is really good card but u have u analyze something in the "DIGIT MAG" completely 9800gtx+ is competitor for the HD4850 were 9800gtx surely wins in 3D mark 06 the HD 4850.

But STILL TRUSTABLE MAGAZINE IS "DIGIT MAGAZINE" IN INDIA , cause u should check with the price also see when 9800gtxamp is 12800/- and HD 4850 is 9300/-
both are same performance spending 3k on 9800gtx is think:confused:??.so DIGIT MAG always recommend the featured GFX card and quality . still NVIDIA carries the featured GFX card."In Nvidia SLI of 9800gtxamp work in many games and beats every single card on the planet"

ATI was successfull in the 4XXX series but before that NIVIDIA captured the place for many years.

if u r buying the NewGraphics card or any computer peripherals always check with the USER who is using the same product can assume the exact result of the product.

there's no doubt that i'm going to buy the hd4850 standard or sonic,whichever i get,since larger no. of reviews suggest its a better card. BTW, digit mag says the 9800gtx amp edition costs rs10500/-

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

It's a minimum of 12.5k, 9800GTX doesn't sell below 20k still AFAIK.

XpertVision 9800GTX+ is for 12.5k

mib2_007

Broken In

don't know why distributors are so greedy for nvidia products. They are way tooo costly here in India.

D

Deleted member 26636

Just bought the palit hd4850(standard) from primeabgb, lamington road. Price-rs9100/-. Unfortunately the sonic edition was not available in any of the shops. A sincere thank you to all the forum members who helped me.specially damngoodman999, nightmare & psychosocial. I also found the sapphire hd 4850 dual slot at some of the shops but it was priced at rs9500-10,000.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

Hey very happy dude , congrats to you & HAPPY GAMING

Then what game are decided to play first dude ???

D

Deleted member 26636

Hey very happy dude , congrats to you & HAPPY GAMING

Then what game are decided to play first dude ???

well i'm not sure what i'll play. You tell me! BTW, I haven't overclocked a single piece of hardware in my life but i'd really like to overclock this card.how should i proceed?

Top Bottom