Graphics Cards related queries here.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Cross fire is not enabled in every game "CRYSIS" will never take the Crossfire , the Nvidia supporting games do not take the crossfire .

BIOSHOCK can take advantage of crossfire "check this game in your crossfire it sure works"

"HD 4850" will not bottleneck any CPU , AMD 4000+ is ok for playing games

WTF! Are you nuts ? He has TWO HD4850s if you can read well and AMD 4000+ is a low level and low powered CPU. Your Crysis thing is right but your other claims are wrong.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

^^^I can admit , but i answered for the not supporting of the CROSSFIRE , but when playing games with single HD 4850 means AMD 4000+ is some what ok, but 2 cards it surely bottlenecks , but that's not the reason for the low FPS

D

Deleted member 26636

@NIGHTMARE :where did you buy your sapphire hd4850 dual slot cooler & what is its cost?is it as good as the palit sonic edition?

@damngoodman999 :is your palit hd4850 the standard edition?

Sorry for asking so many questions.(this will all be over on wednesday when i'll visit lamington road.) :)

@damngoodman999-What temperatures(idle & load) do you get with your hd4850? BTW is your card the one with the large copper heatsink in the middle?

Last edited by a moderator:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Re: Please help 2x Palit HD 4850 Crossfire dropping fps

:confused: Please help 2x Palit HD 4850 Crossfire dropping fps

i have connected both the cables to crossfire my graphic cards but when i enable Crossfire under Ati CCC 8.11 it start dropping Fps instead increasing. but when i play games on single card(crossfire disabled) i found 40% more fps. i m having problem with all the games i play. i have also tried both the cards separately, they both work fine. please help. games: Crysis, NFS undercover, DIRT and Grid
my system specs:

MoBo: MSI K9a2 Platinum
PSU: coolermaster 500w extreme power plus
Processor: AMD Athlon x64 4000+ 2.1 ghz
Ram: G.skill 2x 2gb 800 (4gb)
HDD: 1> Segate 160gb Sata.
2> WD 500gb Sata
3> WD 500gb Sata
Graphics card: 2x Palit HD 4850
Operating: windows xp x64 sp2

on X-fire enabled games , performance will only increase and not decrease. .which resolution do u play at ? beyond 1680x1050 , most new games become gpu dependent .. .so x-fire should show its colors. .i think its the psu thats pulling ur cards behind. .i recommend changing to a corsair hx620 W .

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.

Ya, CM EP500W is enough for a single HD4850 but it wont handle two. CPU will be a bottleneck too...

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

@767hsm.221bx the cost around 10000-10450 i bought my card on 26 oct @10450

D

Deleted member 26636

@767hsm.221bx the cost around 10000-10450 i bought my card on 26 oct @10450

are you from mumbai?where did you buy it from?

@damngoodman999-what temps (idle & load) do you get with your standard palit card? Do you use any aftermarket cooling solution?

Last edited by a moderator:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

are you from mumbai?where did you buy it from?

@damngoodman999-what temps (idle & load) do you get with your standard palit card? Do you use any aftermarket cooling solution?

I dont use any after market cooler on PALIT HD 4850 ,

IDLE = 42 - 45

ON LOAD "games like crysis , farcry2" = 58 - 61

it never crossed 62degrees LOAD on Overclocking up to 675/1033

D

Deleted member 26636

IDLE = 42 - 45

i think thats really good. BTW, i have seen two variants of the palit standard edition.one has a large heatsink in the middle(golden color),the other has a cooler covering most parts of the card(seen on theitwares.com). which one is yours?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

i think thats really good. BTW, i have seen two variants of the palit standard edition.one has a large heatsink in the middle(golden color),the other has a cooler covering most parts of the card(seen on theitwares.com). which one is yours?

middle golden one this one is mine :

*img504.imageshack.us/img504/9255/lftangmn1.jpg

The Another full covered one is ATI "reference model" that generates lot of heat , do u need a grilled stove means u can buy that " its very hot in cooking GRILLED CHICKEN":D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26636

middle golden one this one is mine :

*img504.imageshack.us/img504/9255/lftangmn1.jpg

The Another full covered one is ATI "reference model" that generates lot of heat , do u need a grilled stove means u can buy that " its very hot in cooking GRILLED CHICKEN":D

so i was thinking.most websites reviewed the reference model. Temperatures would rise above 90c on load. That made me wonder how your card runs so cool.now i know the secret. Thanks

BTW, is the sapphire toxic edition available in india?

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

so i was thinking.most websites reviewed the reference model. Temperatures would rise above 90c on load. That made me wonder how your card runs so cool.now i know the secret. Thanks

BTW, is the sapphire toxic edition available in india?

i dont think so "TOXIC" will be available , but some places they ship it seems i dont where ??

but standard sapphire cards are available !!!

abhiarch

Right off the assembly line

Ya, CM EP500W is enough for a single HD4850 but it wont handle two. CPU will be a bottleneck too...

thaks for ur sugesstions. but please also recomend me the psu as well. i m planning to buy both (X4 9550 and psu)today or tommorow

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

thaks for ur sugesstions. but please also recomend me the psu as well. i m planning to buy both (X4 9550 and psu)today or tommorow

wats ur budget on the PSU ??

u can choose 3 psu's below 4k

cooler master 500watts = 2.4k
cooler master 600watts = 3.4k
corsair VX 450 = 3.9 k

D

Deleted member 26636

i dont think so "TOXIC" will be available , but some places they ship it seems i dont where ??

but standard sapphire cards are available !!!

thanx..so its finally either the palit standard or sonic edition(cheaper than sapphire).how is the after sales/warranty support of palit?

mib2_007

Broken In

IDLE = 42 - 45

wow, those are really COOOL temps..... I think they will go up in summers, I will apply a custom cooling till then.
how much overclock did you got on your card? the only drawback I see in palit cards is that they don't have cooling on MOSFET's and RAM IC's. those limit the overclocking of the card. thats why I like the sapphire toxic card, don't know how much that one will cost.

And if I got a HIS card, I will jump on it. Are visiontek cards available here?

srinivasdevulapally

The Masterminded

My pc config is as follows:
AMD Sempron processor
Nvidia Geforce 6150 SE gfx card
1 Gb ddr2 Ram

Can u please help me know about the performance of my gfx card for playing new games and also the required settings for that...

Is my gfx card a bad one...? If that is the case then please suggest me to exchange this for a new one with which i can play the latest games w/o any problem...And also give me the estimated cost of exchange...Thanks in advance....

waiting for a reply ...please...

Last edited:

mmharshaa

Answers everything

Your gfx card really sucks!!! u need to replace it with 8800GT....:cool:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

thanx..so its finally either the palit standard or sonic edition(cheaper than sapphire).how is the after sales/warranty support of palit?

Before 2 years , the "palit" was down in customer service but now they increased , its now they doing good.

u can surely rely on the PALIT " i too asked many things like that and i got this card"

"XFX nvidia cards are best after sales customer service in INDIA , but they are costly"

D

Deleted member 26636

Before 2 years , the "palit" was down in customer service but now they increased , its now they doing good.

u can surely rely on the PALIT " i too asked many things like that and i got this card"

"XFX nvidia cards are best after sales customer service in INDIA , but they are costly"

too bad xfx doesnot manufacture ati cards.

Top Bottom