Graphics Cards related queries here.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hi Guys, suggest me a good graphics card pls. Here is my configuration

Power Supply Antec VP550OP V2
Mother Board MSI 970A-G43
RAM Hyperx Fury 8 GB
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Monitor 22 Inch Viewsonic VA2226w ( Max resolution 1600x1050 )

I want to play games like GTA V as well as any upcoming games in decent resolution. My budget is 15K. I can stretch it to 18K if I get a really good GPU. What I had in my mind was GTX 750Ti for 11K and since there is the new gen GPUs are out, I think, I will go for the new ones.

CPU will bottle-neck anything above GTX 1050Ti, RX 470.

If you want to play at decent resolution and settings, consider upgrading to at least an i5-6500 based rig or wait for ryzen launch.

bobbyndd

Broken In
Thanks guys for the suggestions, I really appreciate it.

I know my current CPU is not good to handle the new gen GPUs. I am upgrading my gaming rig slooowly. Last year,I bought MoBo, SMPS, RAM and Cabinet ( Deepcool Kendomen ), keeping in mind I will upgrade the GPU ( current one is nvidia 610 ) and CPU later. I am planning to upgrade the GPU now and later CPU. I am not able to figure out which is better when it comes to AMD Vs Nvidia ( current line of GPUs). Provided I will upgrade my CUP in 6 months( mostly AMD FX series), which GPU you suggest within 15-18 K?

quicky008

Technomancer
I'm getting a used zotac 650ti 2gb DDR5 for rs 3000-Is it worth buying at this price?The seller says he doesn't have the bill but claims that its registered for extended warranty which is valid till 2018.He also added that for warranty,it will suffice if i don't have the bill but can furnish the card's serial no,using which the folks at the service center will be able to check the gpu's warranty status and provide the required service.Can someone confirm whether that's true or not?Will the service center entertain any claims for warranty if the customer no longer has the bill?

Is there any way to check how much warranty does the card actually have before purchase?Thanks.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
price is ok. For warranty you need the extended warranty registration e-mail mentioning card's s/n. Also sometime service center guys can ask for a bill.

quicky008

Technomancer
Thanks for clearing that up topgear.I think i'll refrain from buying that gpu as the seller said he possesses neither the bill nor the email confirming that his gpu is registered for extd. warranty-its quite possible that the card has no warranty at all and that chap is simply bluffing!

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
These days for electronics there is the default warranty of 1 or whatever year(s) from date of manufacture.

Any further warranty is from date of sale, so you need the receipt to prove that.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Sapphire RX 480 8GB Nitro+ has initially 6 VRM Power Phases but when it was released 1 Power Phase has been disabled.

So it is released for Retail with only 5 VRM Power Phases.

Anybody here knows or any guide to unlock the 6th VRM Power Phase.

Though it comes with 8 Pin Power connector for extra overclocking, if the additional VRM Power Phase can be enabled, then more OCing can be done right.

Normally the reference RX480s come with only 6 Pin Power connector and 6 Power Phases.

HIS RX480 8GB Iceq X2 Roaring comes with 6 VRM Power Phases & 8 Pin Power Connector but warranty is an issue and its not as popular as Sapphire and not many reviews also.

If there is no MOD to enable the 6th VRM Power Phase in Sapphire which has been disabled by default, one has to go with HIS RX480 8GB only...

PS: Any MODS created for AMD GPUs like RX460 are released initially for Asus & Sapphire mostly and then other vendors come into picture.
This is what worries me...
Because Asus & Sapphire & XFX are considered the most stable AMD Polaris GPUs ever...

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

ohmyhead

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,

I wanted to get a new GPU since my old HD6950 died a few months back. Haven't had the time to play much since then so didn't think of replacing it. Will a GTX 1060 6GB be a good option considering i still have the sandy bridge i5 2500k? I think the CPU will be a huge bottleneck.

Is RX 470 4gb/8gb a good option to go with the 2500k?

I am not looking to upgrade the CPU at this time.

Budget is around 25k.
Resolution: 1920x1080

Thanks.

ohmyhead

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,

For some reason I can't see my previous post.

I want to upgrade my GPU. I currently have a HD6950 which died a few months ago. I have a sandy bridge i5 2500k CPU and not looking to upgrade it right now.

I was looking at either GTX 1060 6GB or RX 480 4GB/8GB. I think my CPU will be a bottleneck. Do you think it will be a smart buy to get 1060 6GB with the current CPU. Or is RX 470 4GB a good option?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Guys,

For some reason I can't see my previous post.

I want to upgrade my GPU. I currently have a HD6950 which died a few months ago. I have a sandy bridge i5 2500k CPU and not looking to upgrade it right now.

I was looking at either GTX 1060 6GB or RX 480 4GB/8GB. I think my CPU will be a bottleneck. Do you think it will be a smart buy to get 1060 6GB with the current CPU. Or is RX 470 4GB a good option?

If you have the funding don't settle for less. Get GTX 1060. i5 2500k is an excellent cpu even today.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
For 1080p Gaming & Future Proofing:

Buy the Sapphire RX470 8GB Nitro+ OC @ 20.5k from SAPPHIRE GRAPHICS CARD RADEON RX 470 8GB DDR5 NITRO+ OC

First off, I will say that my decision was based on three things:
1) Future Proofing
2) Price to Performance
3) 1080p Gaming

If you compare the reference specs of the two cards, you see that the RX 470 has only ~89% of the specs of the RX 480.

However, thanks to Sapphire's customizing, that percentage gets bumped up to ~93% with the Nitro+ models. That's because Sapphire has increased the base clock and the memory speed, and thus the memory bandwidth --and they've done a better job with the 470 percentage wise, than with the 480. And that 4% bump is a game changer when you look at the cost.

*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170104/294d231fdd57c1bf1810351979511781.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Just putting this out here:
*forum.digit.in/graphic-cards/199681-query-about-rx-480-msi-gaming-app-functionality.html

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Purpose: As my motherboard doesn't support dual monitor, I am buying a graphic card which can support two or more monitors.
I guess it will work, but would like to confirm if PCIe 2.0 x8 graphic card is compatible with my motherboard which has PCIe x16. I think there will be performance drop of the graphic card, but how much? Will it affect my purpose?
Dont know if it's PCIe 1.0 or PCIe 1.1. Here is the snapshot of the motherboard.

*i.imgur.com/DFOWmJx.png

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
I guess it will work, but would like to confirm if PCIe 2.0 x8 graphic card is compatible with my motherboard which has PCIe x16. I think there will be performance drop of the graphic card, but how much? Will it affect my purpose?
Dont know if it's PCIe 1.0 or PCIe 1.1. Here is the snapshot of the motherboard.

*tpucdn.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1080_PCI_Express_Scaling/images/perfrel_1920_1080.png

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Sealed Zotac nvidia GPU's:

Zotac GTX1060 6GB Amp -16,500,

Zotac GTX1070 8GB Amp -28,500.

With Indian Bill.

Mr. Srinivas,
Maitrivanam,
Ameerpet,
Hyderabad.

PM me if anybody wants Phone number...

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Your board has a PCIe x16 1.1 slot. Any recent GPU should be compatible on that slot. You will only get 94% of the performance you could get from the GPU. Your board might require a BIOS update though.
Thank you.
ASUS didn't post any update after 2008/2009. Hopefully, I am good with the current BIOS :Fingerx:

- - - Updated - - -

Checked, I have the latest BIOS version 0404 (released in 2008)

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Rx480 vs Rx470 For 1080p gaming. Any suggestions about which brand has less heating and reliable

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

RX470 8GB is best for 1080p gaming. Especially Sapphire RX470 8GB Nitro+ OC @ 20.5k or HIS RX470 8GB IceQ X2 Turbo @ 19.5k are best. HIS has 6 power phases & good heat sink compared to Sapphire which has 5 power phases.

Top Bottom