Graphics Cards related queries here.

quicky008

Technomancer
Same can be said about this statement:

- - - Updated - - -

Between GT 630 and GT 710 , GT 630 is definitely better. Overall if i had to recommend a card it would be GT 730.
Buy Online | Zotac GeForce GT 730 2GB LP Graphics Card ZT-71101-10L | Price in Indi
Also if you plan on upgrading the CPU remember that Intel HD graphics 4600 is better than GT 710.

there appears to be 2 variants of the gt 630-one of them has 2 gb ddr3 and the other has 1 gb ddr5-which one should i go for?i found a seller on olx who's offering a 3 yr old zotac gt 630 with 1 gb ddr5 for 1800-is it worth buying?

quicky008

Technomancer
1GB DDR5 is better.

thanks a lot for your inputs chimera,i purchased a used zotac gt 730 2gb ddr3 today for about 3k-the card appears to be working fine on my older system (featuring a 945 chipset based mobo)-strangely however gpuz and nvidia's system info shows that its running at 8x in pcie 1.1 mode-i'm pretty sure that even though the motherboard is quite old,it does have a 16X pcie slot,why then is the gpu running at 8x instead of 16x?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
thanks a lot for your inputs chimera,i purchased a used zotac gt 730 2gb ddr3 today for about 3k-the card appears to be working fine on my older system (featuring a 945 chipset based mobo)-strangely however gpuz and nvidia's system info shows that its running at 8x in pcie 1.1 mode-i'm pretty sure that even though the motherboard is quite old,it does have a 16X pcie slot,why then is the gpu running at 8x instead of 16x?

There is a ? icon on the right side of Bus interface in GPU-Z. Click it and start render test.

GT 730 has 3 variants. The one i suggested has:
CUDA cores 384
Video Memory 2GB DDR5
Memory Bus 64-bit
Engine Clock 902 MHz

If you have the 96 CUDA cores version, that's a slower one.

D

Deleted member 118788

Hello guys,

I've been unaware of the recent GPU market scenario. I hope you will be able to help me.

My cousin wishes to buy a gpu for his rig. Rig specs are decent and budget for the gpu is 13.5K. He is planning to buy Sapphire RX460 Nitro priced 13.5K on amazon using SBI Card which will fetch him 2K Cashback. Should I let him go ahead with the deal? Let me know if there is any other suggestion in the same range. Thanks!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hello guys,

I've been unaware of the recent GPU market scenario. I hope you will be able to help me.

My cousin wishes to buy a gpu for his rig. Rig specs are decent and budget for the gpu is 13.5K. He is planning to buy Sapphire RX460 Nitro priced 13.5K on amazon using SBI Card which will fetch him 2K Cashback. Should I let him go ahead with the deal? Let me know if there is any other suggestion in the same range. Thanks!

RX 460 is quite less powerful card, and 1080p gaming on it is only slightly good.
Depending on the game you want to play you might want to get RX 470 atleast which is very value for money at the moment. With the AMD slashing the price of RX 470 again, I think it would be more lucrative option.

Currently the Sapphire RX 470 costs around Rs 18k.

Albeit if your friend is really tight on budget, and don't really want to play AAA games on high quality, OR if he's not playing on a fHD display, RX 460 might do.

If you want to read how I decided to get RX 470, and instead gave order for RX 480, here's my thread.

D

Deleted member 118788

RX 460 is quite less powerful card, and 1080p gaming on it is only slightly good.
Depending on the game you want to play you might want to get RX 470 atleast which is very value for money at the moment. With the AMD slashing the price of RX 470 again, I think it would be more lucrative option.

Currently the Sapphire RX 470 costs around Rs 18k.

Albeit if your friend is really tight on budget, and don't really want to play AAA games on high quality, OR if he's not playing on a fHD display, RX 460 might do.

If you want to read how I decided to get RX 470, and instead gave order for RX 480, here's my thread.

Thank you for your response, Vyom. I tried to convince him for RX470 earlier today but his budget is tight. He does have an FHD display and wants to play AAA games. Will the RX460 be able to give sufficient fps for medium to high 1080p gaming? I also read about the launch of 1050 Ti. Not sure how well it compares to RX460.

Btw, Congrats on your upgrade. :) I think it should clear the customs without any issues for you. I'll stay tuned to your thread for updates about the new card.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Hello guys,

For 13k go with 1050 Ti
That beats RX 460 easily and also is best in that budget

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Zotac GTX1050 2GB OC -10000,
Zotac GTX1050 Ti 4GB OC -13500,
Zotac GTX1050 Ti 4GB Mini -12500.

Source: Swetha Computers , CTC, Secunderabad.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Which GTX1060 6GB to buy? 35 different cards compared?

Which GTX 1060 to buy? 35 different cards compared - YouTube

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Savera (Distributors for HIS GPUs in India)

HIS RX 480 8GB ICEQ X2 Roaring Turbo - 21,900+VAT

HIS RX 470 8GB ICEQ X2 Roaring Turbo - N/A

HIS RX 470 4GB ICEQ X2 Roaring Turbo- 16,650+VAT

HIS RX 460 4GB ICEQ X2 - 10,200+VAT

VAT is 5%

bobbyndd

Broken In
Hi Guys, suggest me a good graphics card pls. Here is my configuration

Power Supply Antec VP550OP V2
Mother Board MSI 970A-G43
RAM Hyperx Fury 8 GB
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Monitor 22 Inch Viewsonic VA2226w ( Max resolution 1600x1050 )

I want to play games like GTA V as well as any upcoming games in decent resolution. My budget is 15K. I can stretch it to 18K if I get a really good GPU. What I had in my mind was GTX 750Ti for 11K and since there is the new gen GPUs are out, I think, I will go for the new ones.

Top Bottom