Graphics Cards related queries here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you are all set for the gpu upgrade but still if you can get a little better card like GT 730.

z3rO

Journeyman
You might come across a few GT 730 cards having 4GB DDR3 memory, avoid them. 1GB GDDR5 > 4GB DDR3.
How's this. Amazon page says this about warranty - "3 Years Warranty by Service Center from Date of Mfg."

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ignore amazon's description - if you are referring to zotac then it's 3 years from the date of purchase + 2 years extra upon registering the card within 10 / 14 / 21 days of purchase. For all other manufacturer warranty starts from the date of purchase.

alphadogg375

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,
i am upgrading my system after a long time.my current system is
core i5 2500
2*4GB DDR3
ASUS P8 H67 MLx motherboard
ASUS radeon HD6850

i am buying the ASUS RADEON R9 390X strix. so here are my questions...
1.WILL THE CARD BE COMPATIBLE WITH MY MOTHERBOARD AND WINDOWS 7?
2.I am thinking of buying a 750W PSU to allow headroom
the psu i have shortlisted are 1. thermaltake toughpower 750w gold-modular TPD-0750M
and Antec’s TruePower Classic 750w TP-750-c
i also have the option of buying Seasonic M12II-750 Bronze Evo Edition 750 Watts PSU
i have no idea how much current this card draws from the 12v rail, and antec has 2 rails, will that be a issue?

thanks in advance.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi guys,
i am upgrading my system after a long time.my current system is
core i5 2500
2*4GB DDR3
ASUS P8 H67 MLx motherboard
ASUS radeon HD6850

i am buying the ASUS RADEON R9 390X strix. so here are my questions...
1.WILL THE CARD BE COMPATIBLE WITH MY MOTHERBOARD AND WINDOWS 7?
2.I am thinking of buying a 750W PSU to allow headroom
the psu i have shortlisted are 1. thermaltake toughpower 750w gold-modular TPD-0750M
and Antec’s TruePower Classic 750w TP-750-c
i also have the option of buying Seasonic M12II-750 Bronze Evo Edition 750 Watts PSU
i have no idea how much current this card draws from the 12v rail, and antec has 2 rails, will that be a issue?

thanks in advance.

Your GPU is compatible with your Processor and Motherboard and Windows 7 64bit no doubt but you need to go with Seasonic M12II 750w Evo Edition @ 8750 (*www.flipkart.com/seasonic-m12ii-750-bronze-evo-750-watts-psu/p/itmdxyehjfcbmv2t )

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Is getting a GTX960 4GB better than getting GTX960 2GB for the upcoming games?
Please reply. I am so worried about this as I dont have the budget to go for GTX970...
Thanks....

BakBob

Mods changed my name :(
Is getting a GTX960 4GB better than getting GTX960 2GB for the upcoming games?
Please reply. I am so worried about this as I dont have the budget to go for GTX970...
Thanks....

The 960 4GB isn't good for games as the card will "choke" before the 4GB of VRAM is filled. If a game can't run in 2GB version, it won't have any noticeable improvements with the 4GB one.

Here's an in depth look into it:
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 2GB vs 4GB review • Eurogamer.net

Also ignore the cost discussion, as our "great" country has everything marked up 20-40% because of taxes.

In short, if you have budget for the 4GB put 5k more and get a 970 (which is actually a 3.5GB card, discussion best kept for some other day).

But if you want to do a lot of cad/cam and video editing along with some occasional gaming the 4GB should be a good choice.
If budget doesn't allow for 970, and you only want it for gaming then the 2GB is the best VFM. Do note that 3 years down the road when 960 becomes trash tier and 970 becomes mid tier, the 4GB won't be performing any better than the 2GB one because of the 128bit bus bottleneck.

That 128 bit bus is what is used to relay information within the card. For 2GB it's less noticeable, almost non existent, because of compression magic that nvidia does. But for 4GB, the sheer volume offsets the gains made by compression which causes bottleneck, which is why, if 2GB can't run it, the 4GB won't be any better, or in some cases leaves the possibility of it being worse.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks Bakbob & Hrishi for clearing my doubts.
As I don't have enough budget to go for a GTX970 I will remain with my GTX960 for as long as it lasts.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Im in the same boat of upgrading the GPU from my aging GTX 680 which consumes power and produces heat when overclocked while belting out similar performance of more tree hugging newer GPUs. I wanted to get a 980 but what if Pascal comes out with twice the performance at a lower price? So the next best option is the 970 which Im not too happy about since its Rs 27K and has that funky RAM issue where 3.5 GB is fast and then the remaining 500 MB is slow and thus cause serious frame drops in games that require 4GB and more eg GTA V Shadow of Mordor etc etc!!! The future will be even more bleak when more games will use 4GB and more. The next (people will flame me) best option is the Zotac GTX 960 4GB AMP/Non AMP at Rs 17599 and 16399. Now this card has no Memory issues and uses all the 4GB. It uses 4 GB in games i mentioned above so all these talks of card not utilizing is wrong.The catch is the bus bandwidth is 128 bit which is low but is a non issue as more and more benchmarks are proving it. The 960 4GB is with a mild overclock is just 10FPS slower than the 970 in videos in you tube. Well I dont know how much those videos can be relied upon though. With Rs 7000 cheaper over the GTX 970 and the new PASCAL releasing in April?June i think the 960 is the best solution now,IMO. Use it for a year,sell it and shift to Volta.

anaklusmos

Youngling
Can you tell me where.. Because I have checked everywhere it is showing 30K

- - - Updated - - -

Will this card fit in Corsair Carbide Spec-02 cabinet
Zotac Gtx 970 28k on flipkart, 27k on Amazon. If you can wait, there should be some sale around Holi, if not Atleast some bank offer with Cashback would be there, Atleast 1.5k more off in that case.

About the cabinet, sorry no idea. But I'm sure a quick Google search will give you the answers. If not, just find the specs online, there should be a mention what max height and length cards it can support.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom